Accident in Fisher Price rocker

Cattia

Reaction score
Both my children have used this rocker from fisher price:

https://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/330637345720?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

My son loves it and can rock himself to sleep in it by kicking his legs. However today, he leant really far forward and managed to over balance the whole thing, so he ended up face down on the hard kitchen floor with the rocker on top of him :cry: He has a bump on his head but luckily he seemed fine, although he did cry a lot when it happened. He was properly strapped in.

Just thought I would warn people that this can happen if your baby is strong, can sit up and lean forward. I had no idea that he would have the strength to over balance the whole thing. I don't know whether it is a fault in the design of the rocker or whether I should not have been putting him in it any more. It says it should be suitable for toddlers but I think really it needs a five point harness to stop this from happening.

Those type of rockers usually state to stop using once baby can sit up

I checked the instructions and it just said don't use it in the recline position once they can sit up, which it wasn't. I don't know where I am going to put him now, last week he back vaulted himself out of his Gault play nest and ended up on the floor! My daughter was never this strong, we never had these issues with her!

oh bless him.

My lg has the precious planet infant to toddler rocker:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisher-P...ivities_SwingsBouncers_GL&hash=item230c548494

It has what I call stabilisers on it which I find fab as my lg loves sitting up etc :) x
(forgot to add that the stabilisers unfold from the bottom so it can either rock or be completely still using them)

:hugs: Glad he is ok. I was going to buy one of these rockers when Holly was younger, but after researching I found some worrying reviews, where incidents similar to the one your LO had were mentioned. There's even videos on youtube warning parents of the potential dangers. I really think they need to rethink the design, they shouldn't sell them if they're potentially unsafe :nope:

This one does have a stabiliser bar but it tips the rocker really far back which makes it not much use for an older baby who wants to be more upright. I used to use it when they were both little and were napping in it. I am in half a mind to write to them actually and just report the incident as if people do report things that happen then at least they are aware and can think about changing the design. I don't actually know if that model is still available though, but a 5 point harness, or even smaller stabilisers at the front would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->