Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

gingmg

Reaction score
Hi Ladies- I wanted to start this thread so we have a place to stay connected and can talk openly about our pregnancies. We have all been through alot together and I would love to stay in touch, I just don't think it's fair to post the details in the TTC accupuncture thread while others are still TTC. We have all been there and know it's hard. I KNOW that everyone else will join us in time. How is everyone doing?

Others welcome as well. :flower:

Great idea Ging!

Hope you and your blue bundle are cooking along nicely. Are you excited about being team blue? Have you thought of names yet?

I'm here, too! ;-) Hope everyone is doing well. Feeling a bit sick today, but haven't thrown up yet, so I guess that's a win.

Melly- Hope the nausea doesn't get too bad for you. I had a relatively easy first trimester. I got nauseous at times but never threw up and it was very mild compared to others (Jazzbird). I hope it doesn't get too bad. How many weeks are you now? When is your first scan?

Jazzbird- I am very excited about team blue. I would have been happy of coarse either way, but a boy is secretly what we both wanted. His name has been Jack since before we even conceived him. Am I technically in the second trimester now?

I am starting to feel more relaxed than I have in a very very very long time. It's heavenly. To finally be done with the hormones is wonderful and I was an emotional basketcase for the first many weeks, so it's nice to be moving on from that. It's already obvious I'm pregnant. It's probably all bloat, but it looks like a bump and everyone at work stares at my belly. It's okay though, I'm starting to come out.

Ging: Yay! You're having a boy! That's great news! Yay, team blue! I think you are now in the second trimester, no?

I can not wait to be off the hormones, both progesterone oil and estrace.

Jazz: Are you exhausted now in the first trimester? My friend warned me that she had extreme fatigue starting at 6 weeks, and I do feel like I'm starting to get more tired and worn out. Are you still getting sick?

I guess I'm still only 5 weeks. Still in the "honeymoon" phase before fatigue sets in.

Hello ladies....sorry for being MIA. I've been on a course for work and it's drained every ounce of what energy I have left.

Hope everyone is dong well....I hope to catchup with all of you on Friday. (Vacation day)

Our first ultrasound is on Friday and I'm sooooo nervous..I will be 7w+5.

So lovely to read all the progress!

Ging - think you are now in 2nd tri - each tri is 13 weeks. It's a nice feeling to move out of the risky tri. Jack is such a cute name and I was just thinking the other day how cute some of the boys clothes are. Not long til you feel the baby move. I started to feel muscle twitches around 18 weeks but some people feel earlier and later. I guess you can hear the heartbeat now with a doppler? I found that useful to reassure me in between scans.

Melly - my morning sickness started around week 7. I'm now 26 weeks and a few days so technically in 3rd tri. I did feel tired initially but it was because I had 24 hour nausea which developed into vomiting in my 8th week. So I didn't have a full nights sleep at all through first and a lot of second tri. It was really really rough - and I spent many days in my onesie between my bed and bathroom! But most people don't get it that bad. It eased off after 1st trimester but stopped completely around week 22-24. I'm so happy to be able to eat again!

Breaking - thinking of you tmrw. It's such a nerve wracking time but each day that passes is a good sign. I remember going crazy with worry in first tri and had to wait 12 weeks for the scan. I convinced myself it was just wind!

Afm - decorating the nursery now and buying all the stuff (pram, car seat, cot etc). It's exciting but so expensive! I also start my birthing classes in a couple of weeks. Not looking forwards to getting my breasts out for the feeding class which apparently has dolls with open mouths! Eughhhh!

Breaking- Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking about you.

Thanks ladies!

Ultrasound was so amazing. We saw our little bean...healthy baby with a strong heartbeat.

We get to go back for another ultrasound at 9 wks.

Breaking- awesome news! Its crazy isn't it?! So happy for you. I can't believe your bean is a raspberry already. Its going by sooo fast.

Yay Breaking! So, so happy for you! Hope you can start to relax a bit more now.

Happy Sunday to everyone :)

I'm having some spotting today; this is making me now worried. It hasn't turned into a heavy flow or anything, but it is bright red. It appears to have stopped for now, but was curious if anyone had spotting?

I have not but have seen many women in the first trimester boards talk about spotting and for a lot of them it didn't mean anything. Do you have bad cramps? Have you had sex recently? I know it must be scary but spotting alone doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Did you call your clinic just to see what they say?

I did call my RE and waiting to hear back from them. I have very minor cramping, but nothing horrible. I did have sex Saturday night, but seems like that would've been too long ago to just now have spotting. I do have a raging headache today so I'm hoping that it's just hormones.

I wouldn't think today is too far off from sat to have some spotting from sex. Your cervix is extra sensitive and vascular during pregnancy, so maybe that's it. Hormones could be another culprit. My nurse had told me that I may spot and it's ok as long as it's not heavy or accompanied with strong cramps. I've had mild cramps too from the beginning, so I think that's just your uterus growing/stretching. Stay strong, you can do this.:flower:

Thanks, ging. I just heard back from my RE. They're not too concerned unless it becomes heavy. It's really just there when I wipe now, and it's more brownish in color. From what I read, that's normal.

Oh yay...the joys and stress of pregnancy. Only 34 more weeks to go. ;-)

Melly- lol- yes I think we just signed up for a lifetime of worries. :)

Hi ladies, so nice to see you here! I admit I stalked your acupuncture thread a bit in TTC 35+ so I recognize some of your usernames. Is that weird?! :blush: Congratulations on your BFPs! I know they were very hard fought for some of you. It breaks my heart to hear/read about difficulty conceiving/infertility at any age, but especially at 35+ because I imagine people start to see their "window" closing and start to panic a bit. But you're here and it must feel that much more exciting!

I'm 2/3 of the way through pregnancy no.2 (both healthy and post-35--we don't all have to be 22 to have normal pregnancies and healthy babies! [Not that there's anything wrong with having babies young, of course]). I don't know about you guys, but I was harbouring a huge amount of fear and anxiety the first time around. Honestly, even though I conceived my first at 35.5, I don't think I was ready. This time I'm a lot more relaxed and less bitter about the less-than-lovely symptoms since I know just how fantabulous the end result is. Just you wait--I get excited just contemplating someone getting to experience it for the first time…. Becoming a mother is like being hit by a Mack truck of love. It's shocking and awe-inspiring (okay, maybe the truck thing isn't the best comparison…). Simply amazing--you'll see.

I'll stop my blather. Welcome to all of you. Sorry to gate crash--I was just so happy to see you here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->