Accupuncture ladies-from TTC to BFP

So the ultrasound yielded mixed results. The fetus is still there, there's still a heartbeat; however, I have a subchorionic hematoma. The prognosis is very mixed in this case. I have to rest and simply wait it out. I will bleed some more most likely. Ugh! I wish there was a clear answer, but there isn't. On top of it, I have to "relax", which is like telling a monkey "don't climb trees". *Sigh* :nope:

Melly - so glad baby is still there but so sorry for the stressful diagnosis. Can you put your feet up for a few days? Possibly tell your in laws you are sick and not to come?! Or is that impossible?

Just think relaxing is the best you can do at this time. Watch a boxset or something. Make DH do all the housework & cooking.

Hugs to you hun xxx

Melly- so happy baby is OK!!! Sorry for the hematoma and the extra worry but I am so relieved for you the baby is well. I agree with jazz bird, can you relax a few days take it easy and rest? Will telling your in laws be helpful or more stressful? I have seen other women on the first tri boards with the same thing and all turned out OK. I know its scary. Hugs!!!

Melly2--I've heard of that but don't know what it is (will google after this post). It sucks to be told there is anything awry, even if there's a chance for a positive outcome. I'm sorry you have to go through this. But as the others said, try to concentrate on your needs right now. If you don't want to share your pregnancy news with your inlaws right now you could always fib a little. Say you sprained your ankle and have to lie on the couch, or you're under the weather. Hey, I'd do it! I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how things progress.

I was quite moody yesterday and went to my bedroom and vegged out. I told the in-laws I was busy with work and couldn't join them at the restaurant for dinner. I just didn't want to deal with anyone...especially my mother-in-law (though she has good intentions). We have NOT told them anything, nor do we plan to. I felt in better spirits today after I came to terms with accepting that this pregnancy may be a loss. We actually went out to the lake and lounged on the boat for awhile. However, I started bleeding again while on the boat. Luckily I had a pad on, because bleeding out can occur at any point for the next several weeks (maybe longer). Now, I'm just taking an easy, but still doing stuff, just not overdoing it. I don't have cramps, but I am bleeding slightly again. I think (I hope) the hematoma is bleeding out; just don't take the baby with it.

It sounds as if the in-law visit went better than imagined. If they thought you were aloof you can always explain at a later date when you do share pregnancy news. I can well understand you not sharing it with them now. It sounds like you are expecting the worst, hoping for the best. It's a strategy that has worked well for me in the past. I am thinking of you and hoping your baby stays put. Be gentle with yourself.

One thing I can verify, subchorionic hematoma will test a person's mental strength! You feel like a ticking time bomb. There's nothing to fix it, nothing you can really do, except rest. You have to wait a week or two for your next ultrasound and pray that it is getting smaller. That's it. I had some bleeding on Saturday with more cramping, but it has went away. I have not had a bleed since Saturday except for brown spotting yesterday, so I'm hoping that it is old blood. This put a whole damper on my pregnancy and it's hard to be excited anymore; I'm just filled with worry and looming dread. :nope:

Girls I think I'm moving to this side of BnB!

I tested positive this morning and my beta is still Thursday. I'm still in chock this is really happening now. This thread was such a great idea, I've become so involved in all of your journeys and triumphs I didn't want to miss anything and I'm glad you put this together Ging, I really really hope to stay too :)

Melly, could the brown blood indeed be old blood and be the tail end of this this turmoil? I really don't know much about the condition but I hope you get to enjoy this time without this dreadful inconvenience. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

I'm praying this gets resolved and healed soon so you can go back to being happy and excited for what's to come :hugs:

Yaaaaaaay BBbliss!!!! I'm soooo happy for you. Been thinking about you all day :) Welcome to the other side. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Come on the rest of the acupuncture thread!

Jazz, you started our trend and I just knew I was next, thank you so much!

It's nice here :)

Bbliss- I am sooooo excited for you!!! What a wonderful day! When is your beta?

Melly- I am so sorry you have been going through this. Such a scary time, but have faith all will be OK soon. No more bleeding sounds good. When is your next scan?

Thank you ging! I go Thursday, but I called to tell them yesterday and they are very excited I got an early result, said it was a very good sign.

I had a terrible night of sleep, maybe part excitement but I woke up with sharp pains in my uterus that were there most of the night, I can tell there's a lot going on in there, it's just the first day of many I hope but I know how much I worked for this and how it's all worth it.

Did you girls made appointments with an OB right when you got your BFP or did you wait for beta and scan? I'm tempted to start the process right now so I can get the OB on board and its always an extra eye on things.

I waited but that's just me. My clinic followed me until 8 weeks when I had my first ultrasound. I was so afraid there wasn't going to be a heartbeat and I didn't want to have to cancel an OB appointment if that was the case. Once I heard his heartbeat, I officially graduated from the clinic and had my first true appointment with the OB at 10 weeks. That's just me though. It can't hurt to make an appointment and get them on board sooner than later. I agree that more eyes can't be a bad thing.

BBbliss - I got those pains too for a week. They felt like really strong cramps. Hopefully it's the embryo burrowing in and making a cosy home.

I can't really answer your query since mine was a non ivf uk pregnancy. I didn't see my doctor for 2 weeks and had to wait 12 weeks for a scan. No betas or anything like that.

But if I had the opportunity I would have gone immediately - just for reassurance. It's an anxious time. I didn't sleep for the first 14 weeks and now I can't sleep because my bump aches!

Xxx

Bbliss: I have yet to make an appointment with an OB. Heh! I've had two ultrasounds and I have at least one more with my RE next week to check the progress of the hematoma. I have met with my midwife, however, this was before I knew I had a hematoma. The birthing center said I didn't have to make my first appointment until 10 weeks, so I knew I had plenty of time after my next ultrasound, so I'm just waiting for that outcome first. I will have to see if the hematoma has stabilized, otherwise my midwife may recommend that I go to an OB instead, which would be a bummer because I was really looking forward to a natural birth.

AFM: My bleeding has turned to brown, which is good. So, here's what I learned about subchorionic hematomas and it's worth spreading on. Women that go through IVF appear to be more susceptible to it (go figure!). It can happen anytime in the pregnancy, but more likely in the first trimester. I was taking fish oil along with my prenatal+DHA. Bad idea! I stopped the fish oil a couple days ago along with the prenatal with DHA; only taking a prenatal without DHA until things clear up. Those are blood thinners, so they will only encourage the bleeding. I'm hoping the fish oil was all it was, but I won't know until another week from Wednesday when I have another ultrasound.

Melly the brown is indeed good news, thank you for sharing that information on supplements, I will stop my fish oils now, I was only taking them here and there, I'm going to ask my clinic about the baby aspirin I'm still taking.

I called an OB and they were going to put me in right away but when I said IVF they said they would see me after they release me, I shouldn't have said anything, I really don't mind the extra tests for reassurance, besides my insurance will cover all my OB visits and I pay out of pocket for RE. So they gave me an appointment for June 20th at 8wks, it's also my sister's due date so I won't forget :)

I tested again this morning and what a relief to see a darker line! And the stabbing pain is still here on and of now, I take any symptom as a good sign :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
Bbliss: Much stronger lines today. So exciting and happy for you
When is your beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member