Acne/Scarring

KNWilson

Reaction score
I've recently had an issue with acne and now I have some scarring. I have a dermatologist that I have seen in the past but I was interested in trying to correct the problem with natural alternatives and at home remedies instead of having to schedule an appointment with my dermatologist. I have been doing some research and found that you can use witch hazel or tea tree oil to help clear up existing acne and to control future breakouts. Then I found I can use aloe vera gel and vitamin E to help heal/fade scarring. Anyone have any input they can share or any success stories with using natural alternatives to clear up acne and help scarring? Looking forward to any replies!! :mail:

Honey is the best natural way to prevent acne and scars,Apply honey and lemon juice with 1 tablespoon oatmeal on affected skin daily at night fore sleeping and wash it after 10 minutes.It reduces the visibility of the acne scars.

I suffer a lot with blackheads so will give this a go.. and I also suffer acne.. so I am thinking of you OP - both in the same boat. x

Vitamin E can be great for scaring, best thing to do is buy the gel capsule forms and open it up to apply directly to the skin.

Dr Bronner's Pure Castile soaps (avail Uk and US) are 100% natural (made from coconut) and are great for acne prone skin you can get them over the internet and they do different ones in both a bar soup or liquid https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...gc.r_pw.&fp=2c1a18cee0ef4d7a&biw=1024&bih=481

Tea tree oil is a great antibacterial and spot on treatment, but can be harsh on the skin.

Fish Oils (Omega 3s) are also really important for healthy skin.

Other nutrients - zinc, Vitamin B6, beta carotene, vitamin C, Vitamin E, selenium.

All the above are short term solutions to acne, best really to find the underlying cause as acne is actually a common symptom and not an ailment itself. Common causes:

-High sugar diet
-Digestive issues (low stomach acid, poor absorption, constipation)
- Food intolerance
- Hormone imbalance
- Poor detoxification
- imbalance of good/bad bacteria in the body

With natural alternatives it is not an overnight cure so will take some time, with skin it can take a few weeks for it to be completely rejuvenated, think the time of full nail growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->