acne?

9babiesgone

2 kids-17angels
Reaction score
Does anyone here use something for acne that actually works?? I have tried everything I can think of. and I have spent so much money trying to get rid of it.
It really worsens my self-esteem. and I dont know how to get rid of it, I have tried clean and clear, proactiv, mychelle, retin-a, etc. you name it I have probably tried it. I should say my acne is pretty big. like cystic acne, but I just have a few left, that I can not seem to get rid of , and as soon as I do more comes. :nope:

ive always suffered acne from my teens, thru to my 20s and on and off thru my 30s.:cry:

it makes you feel pretty crap doesnt it?:shrug: when it was bad make up wouldnt cover it at all, i just wouldnt go out.

i tried all the lotions and potions and stuff from the docs and nothing worked:cry:

in the end i asked to see a dermatologist who put me on roaccutain(not good if youre TTCing though) but it worked! i looked fabulous!!:happydance:

since then the pill kept it at bay, pregnancy did wonders as well!

I have tried many products, and none really seemed to work for me.

I finally went to my GP who again tried a load of products, some worked for a couple of weeks and then it all started up again. He eventually referred me to a dermatologist, who put me on tetracycline; which worked! Cleared my acne up and the redness in my face beautifully... only problem is, I ended up being allergic to that and had to stop taking it.

Try talking to your GP and see if he has something a little stronger than OTC products!
Best of Luck!!

I feel for you. The only thing I haven't tried yet is accutane and I don't know if they would give it me. It is really good for cystic acne but it is very strict prescribing guidelines.

Apart from external medication, a person effected by acne can try out some home based remedies.

Keeping the skin clean and splashing it with water might help in preventing acne.

* People can make use of lavender compresses to get relief from inflammation.
* Drinking the juice of cucumber and carrot can also be beneficial.
* Use a cotton ball dipped in egg white and spread it evenly across the face. Wash it off after a few hours. This will help to combat acne.
* A mixture of tea bags and dried basil can be cooked for 10 to 20 minutes. This can be applied on the acne-effected skin with the help of a cotton ball.
* Applying cool cucumber juice on acne spots also yields positive results.
* To treat the buttock zits a person can apply salty water to the area. It is believed that the application of toothpaste on the effected spots can also yield positive results.
Explore more at: https://www.divinewellness.com/Disease/acne/

Have you tried quinoderm? My bro has it and its worked wonders, its only about £3 from boots.

I dont have boots over here that I know of. I am going ot look up some of this stuff I can not take as I am ttc, and most of the other natural stuff I have already tried.

thanks for the help ladies.

I might be wrong, ill look it up, but i think in some people Maca can cause acne. did you have it before?

Nope, ignore me, i think its supposed to help lol! clearly not though.

Hope you find something that works x

I use Benzoyl Perozide cream 10%. Brand names include Quinoderm and Panoxyl. It stings like a bugger when you put it on though and it'll give you red flaky skin for a week until you adjust. It basically dries up the spots and they flake off and then you need to apply it thinly every day or every other day.

I have just got Zinert topical solution from the DR which is a Benzoyl Peroxide wash I think, xx

Stop wasting your money my partner has the same problem on his forehead only, and come and go same place, best thing to do is get refered to a dermotologist by your doctor, you must tell your doc your depressed with them and there rly getting you down, affecting your life, otherwise, they will try to parm you off with more medical prescriptions, things you got to do aye, there is a form of acne that sits under the skin, and products will not affect them, stress can bring them out and hormones, not grease or grime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->