Acrylic nails. . .

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Helloooo!

So with my due date looming I was thinking about treating myself to getting my nails done. I realise loads of pictures will be taken and I'd want to feel comfortable as I usually HATE having my picture taken- but don't want to miss out on the memories :)

Would there be any problems with them- like would the chemicals be bad? I'm getting natural ones that fit the size of my nails so there won't be any issues with using them and they're not going to be like sharp talons!

Just wondered thanks!

I had them done a few days before my son was born last time, I had them cut super short so it wasn't a problem! I've never heard of it being 'bad' but the smell can be very strong when pregnant.. I personally didn't notice! Don't hold me to it but I cannot see it being a problem :) x

If you're worried about it, you can always ask them for one of those mask things they wear for yourself :)

That way you won't be inhaling all the fumes/vapors!

Why don't you try something like shellac or other gel overlays? They won't be as potent as the acrylic and will be flexible. Just a thought..

I agree a gel would be better - especially for your nails! :) however as long as you are in a well ventilated room it'll be fine x

nail tech here! hia :)

acrylics are fine the fumes wont harm at all, if youre going to a salon that is mainly chinese the stuff they use is actually alot worse than say an independant nail tech who would use the correct stuff (hence why we dont have to wear masks but the chinese techs do - their products are actually illegal, but anywho)

might be better if you were to get shellac though? theyre good for your nails, strengthens them and they last weeks, glitter shellac is gorgeous :) just a thought xx

I wouldn't get them done. When I delivered my son I had complications unexpectedly and needed to go into the O.R. Where they use your fingernails to tell you're getting enough oxygen and what not. I got a good scolding from the surgeon because my nails were painted black. Most hospitals will ask you not to have polish on.

^not in the UK :) there are ways around that. You can always have an oxygen monitor put on your toe if it was needed. But positive thoughts! Hopefully one won't be needed x

I get acrylics because is the only way of having my nails looking beautiful which actually last... Gel peels off my nails.. When baby comes I shall just cut them short and carry on.
Xxx

They shouldn't peel off if your nails have been prepped properly.

I wouldn't get them done. When I delivered my son I had complications unexpectedly and needed to go into the O.R. Where they use your fingernails to tell you're getting enough oxygen and what not. I got a good scolding from the surgeon because my nails were painted black. Most hospitals will ask you not to have polish on.

I don't think this would be a problem if she got white tips. I currently have them and just pushed on my nail and I could totally see my capillary refill.

I don't see a problem with it, but I wouldn't get them too long. I have acrylics now, and I will have them when I deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->