Acupuncture anyone?

Hey Girls,

How are you all doing, been very quiet here lately!!!

Lady K how did your apt go?

We are heading for another accu session on Tuesday, I cannot wait - I always feel better after it! Have not been very good at taking my CH lately as we have been away with work!!!
We also have our next FS appt 1 month today...

I have not been temping or using OPK's this month... trying to switch off a bit... But I find that you never really switch off :0(.. it is always in the back of my mind!!!

Would love to hear how you are all doing xx

Thanks for asking :) Appointment went well in that we have some answers, but a bit overwhelmed with what's involved! I would need to take 1 lot of drugs starting on Day 19 of cycle immediately before IVF, would have uterus scratching just before the start of my period, then 1-2 weeks before ET would have intralipids (drip in back of hand takes approx 1.5 hours) and take steroids. If I get pregnant have to have 2 further courses of intralipids, carry on with the steroids until approx 10 weeks, and also have gestone injections every other day into my bum also up to approx 10 weeks, as well as the horrible cyclogest supposotories twice a day. OMG whatever happened to getting pregnant after a drunken sh*g! Of course all the treatment/drugs means extra cost too, as well as the cost of getting to London every few days during treatment. Feel a bit like my head is going to explode!

Just wondering where everyone is, haven't heard from anyone in a while! I've got acupuncture tonight and I'm really looking forward to it, not been for 3 weeks as saving my appointments for around IVF next month. Got my appointment at the Clinic in 2 weeks for the endometrial scratching, baseline scan, and seeing the nurse to finalise treatment plan. Kind of excited and kind of not! Excited because finally we are doing something different and have established a potential problem, not excited because of the extra drugs etc, and because my hopes will be raised, I'm dreading it not working, and then having to face the fact the chances of conceiving using my own eggs are pretty much zero! But I must stay positive as my acupuncturist would say! Anyway hope everyone is well :)

Hi Lady K, I hope you won't mind me asking you something, I have got another IUI failed(already had 5 failed IUIs). I had called the FS centre and got an appointment with the FS on 30th June, I was just wandering how long did it take for your FS to put you on to the actual FS procedure as my Nurse was saying it might take 2 month which is bit hard as another 2 month without any luck if you can understand ....

Today was my due date and though I got 1 BFN and my period hasn't started but the pink mucus has already started coming which I usually get before my actual period so I am sure no BFP this time also.

Surprise thing is I met my TCM of Accupunture in the Lunch break and she checked my Pulse and said it's very fast and she got surprised that I got a BFN. She asked me if I can hear a first heartbeat which I can't and she said I should she my GP/FS .. I just can't understand...... I have another appointment on next Sunday but I am thinking of to avoid for time being and to start during IVF, what's ur opinion ???

Hi Lovecutie, sorry to hear of your IUI failures, it's heartbreaking isn't it! I had my first 2 IVFs on the NHS so I expect the procedure was different? How did you get to your clinic to do IUI - via NHS or private? I basically went to my local GPc (June 2009), got referred to the NHS FS (first appointment September 2009), had various tests done and also a laparoscopy (December 2009), then finally got signed off for IVF funding in February 2010. First appointment with FS was in March 2010 and we started treatment in April 2010. Does that help?

Yes apparently acupuncturists can tell if you are pregnant by your pulse! Amazing isn't it! Interesting then that AF hasn't arrived and your pulse indicates pregnancy. Pregnancy symptoms and AF symptoms are very similar though so fingers crossed AF doesn't arrive, and perhaps it's just taking a while for a test to pick up the hormones?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean she asked you if you could hear a "first heartbeat"? What is that? There are studies to indicate that acu helps IVF, I have been going every week, but for the last 2 monts have only been going around ovulation and possible implantation time, so that I can save the rest of my sessions to go weekly over an IVF cycle. Tricky one that then, as I guess your next acu appointment is before your FS appointment and therefore you won't know when you are doing IVF! I think if I was in your position, then unless your next acu appointment coincides with ovulation, then I would probably delay it, and just do what I am doing, go to acu during "important" times of your cycle, but then go regularly when doing IVF.

Hope that helps!

Thank you LadyK for the response..I got refered through the NHS here, I also went through all the usual processes and according to them it's unexplained one :(

The TCM thinks I should feel a fast heartbeat also with fast pulse ?? anyway all these matters now only if tomorrow the preganancy test comes +ve which I hardly have any hope :(

I called my Nurse in the afternoon and she was saying it might take 2 month to take the IVF actual process ?? was that same for you ?? Also i read in internet they ask to take Birth control pill before starting the process, were you also asked ??? If you can understand I just feeling I should take them before the FS starts the procedure, is it advisable ???

I too am unexplained. Well until they found the immune problem, guess I'm not anymore, shame I didn't know about that 2 years ago!

Did you take another test today? Any news?

With regards to IVF, there are 2 protocols, long and short. I've only ever done short so don't know a huge about about long, but my understanding is you "down reg" (shut your body's hormones down) in the cycle before you do IVF. Then at the beginning of the next cycle you start taking the drugs to start stimming your ovaries. So from start to finish you are talking probably 6 weeks (mid way through cycle 1 and all of cycle 2 which is when the actual egg collection/fertilization/transfer will occur). Because I already ovulate and didn't appear to have any problems, I always did short protocol, so didn't have to down reg, I just started taking the drugs from the beginning of a cycle, and had the treatment in that actual cycle. So I normally only ended up taking the drugs for approx 10 days. I have heard ladies mention taking the BCP as part of an IVF treatment, but I personally do not have any experience of that. There are loads of threads on here though that I'm sure will detail the procedure that will hopefully help answer some of your questions. But if not just start a new one, most people reply quite happily with their experiences! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->