• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acupuncture anyone?

lovecutie- I'm in the US.

I've had 4 sessions for, on to my 5th tomorrow. She' treating me for insomnia :sleep: and anxiety. So far it seems to be helping! I wish I could have it everyday. Did your acupuncturist tell what you what was wrong?

My Doc is treating me for weak Kidney, it seems my Uterus was cold hence unable to conceive, he is also treating me for insomnia. I also had anxiety but I realised I was getting anxiety after having green tea, I have stopped now drinking green tea hence no anxiety :) I am happy as this was really killing me earlier.. I am also doing acupressure myself watching from you tube, for insomnia and anxiety...

Hi all - I have been given a link to a website that shows you where all the communial places are for acupuncture https://acmac.net/acu/clinics - my nearest is still about 35 miles away so a bit too far to justify the fuel.

Nessie - I love that pic of your cats.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Im off to the vitality show in London, so looking forward to that.
x
Jo:happydance:

Thank you - I love my boys - Oscar and Harvey!!!! They keep me sane (ish)!!

How did the show go?

C x x x

Well I am just back from my 2nd session!! Really enjoyed it again!!

Just wish I could afford to have it more frequently!!!!!

Sadly, back to square one, :witch: incoming!!!

C x x x

Aw Nessie that sucks! Hopefully the next cycle will do the job though!

Holls woohoo, glad the acupuncture is working on the insomnia!

Lovecutie I have cold uterus too, still makes me laugh the thought of it.

Well I had my next session of acupuncture today. She didn't do any on the stomach this time as its past ovulation but put needles in my head, 2 in each wrist, the inside of my legs, ankles and tops of my feet. I didn't feel as relaxed today getting it done as I was cold and when I moved my hands I could feel like nerve pain going down into my hand, probably because the acupressure points there are between the tendons. I'm still taking the cups of herbs twice a day though I didn't take them on Sunday and have only taken one today as we were away over the weekend and I forgot them. Will start taking them tomorrow properly. AF is due on Saturday and I'm sure she'll turn up just because my lp is the same and I ovulated late. How is everyone else getting on? xo

Had my #3 appointment last Friday. As I mentioned in another thread, she did add a needle to my abdomen this time, even though I'm post-ovulation. Not sure if she just figured I wasn't PG, although some practitioners believe that it is important to needle the abdomen in the luteal phase.

I got the world's worst cramp in my left foot while on the table, and I figure it came from the upper inside ankle needle on my left side, given that it was stinging a little bit for a part of the session. She forgot to leave the little bell I could use to ring her with an issue, so I ended up acting like I was having a baby, doing what seemed like Lamaze breathing to try and get the cramp to go away. :) I certainly wasn't in the mood to hop down from the bed with needles stuck every which way! :dohh:

After being slightly chastised by the instructor for forgetting the bell, she gave me a quick Tui Na massage and a belly massage. She told me to do this everyday except during AF to "make baby quick." :shrug:

Question for anyone: have you seen acupuncture reduce your PMS symptoms, or are they the same, or worse?

nessie 80 - yes it would be lovely to have it more often. once a week would do me.:thumbup: I know what you mean re the furbabies, they are my everything, very cute and quite naughty.

Jen - I am impatientluy waiting for the book to turn up so I can get stuck in!

Holls - how is your anxiety and insomnia doing? Has it helped you much? After sleeping quite well for a few weeks I am now waking up around 5.30am and just trying to go back to sleep for the next 2 hours. Surely I cant have had enough sleep by then? I think it is stress/anxiety as really I dont seem to let my brain switch of from all this fertility stuff so I think subconciously it wakes me up.

I suppose its quite common ladies like us in the position we are in being anxious and insomniacs.

Lovecutie - Green tea has caffeine (you prob know that anyway) in it although it is supposed to be very good for you. I had some at the vitality show (I dont have ANY caffeine normally) made by tea pigs and its called 'matcha' costs about £25 for a months worth (one a day) but it has been made so it doesnt have that same anxious effect with caffeine as it releases over 4 hours. Anyhoo it says it is 137 times the antioxidants of norma l green tea etc etc heres the link. I think I will buy some even though its not cheep as it looks worth it. https://www.teapigs.co.uk/products/tea/matcha+green+tea-tea/ (it is lovely mixed into apple juice).

Nikki - I cant say yet re PMS as the clomid I have been on has made me feel like that most days but I am not going to take my last lot next month so will see. my TCM lady says that the clomid makes my body react a lot differntly then it would do with out for acupuncture. I think that the needles will work even better for me when the drugs are out of my system.

xxx Jo:hugs:

I did notice a decrease in pmt symptoms and generally was in far better form when I was getting acupuncture! I think thats a sign its starting to work. DH thought it was great as I'm normally a moody cow!!! lol. xo

Forgot to add the code for 20% off that I got for tea pigs - enter matcha man at the checkout.
xx

I noticed decreased PMS symptoms too, even though I am ready punch dh over all this fertility stuff. Apparently in his world a stork is just going to drop a baby at our door and I don't have to worry about anything. Why doesn't he get it!?

I still think I might have a cold uterus so I've been putting a heating pad on it at night and it actually helps me sleep!

I go in to my RE today have an Ovarian Assessment done...

Anxiety is off the charts this week. My friend just had a baby the day after my birthday, the witch got me on my birthday, and now DH and I are fighting over what to do. Ugh.

Oh Holls - Its crap isnt it, My DH just tells me not to think about it all and forget about it!!! WTF - they have no idea how we have to think about all of this all the time to help us get the best shot of getting our BFP (which we will get). They are gits sometimes:growlmad:
Good luck re the ovarien assesment - what do they do? I think I have only had a blood test once FSH level of 10 borderline a bit high they like under 10 but its not too bad.:thumbup:
Im sorry the :witch: got you and my heart goes out to you re your friend and her baby. I have lots of preg women around me (making it look easy to get the BFP).
It WILL be us soon :hugs:

I totally echo what Jocr says Holls. It does suck and especially with women sneezing around us and getting a bfp at the drop of a hat! The only thing that keeps me sane is thinking that it probably hasn't been that easy for them either...lets face it not many admit how long it takes them to get pregnant...its not normally really discussed...though all my closest friends know the struggle dh and I had, including his mum and my mum. It is tough, tough going sometimes but as my mum kept telling me its character building and you'll cherish that little one all the more for the struggle you've had to go through to get them. As for husbands...well they're men after all, they think completely differently than us women. I don't think they realise that it occupies are every waking moment as it feels like a failure on our parts that we can't just get pregnant...I don't know how many times I ended up bursting into tears and telling my husband I felt broken, I didn't work the way I was supposed too and if I was anything else he would have returned me for a not broken one by now or a full refund:rofl: I think the positivity they keep is what keeps them going even though us women find it insensitive and annoying sometimes! I truly do believe that they feel if they don't put on a brave face and let on it's not a big deal then it'll crush us even more and how can they be supportive feeling miserable too. :hugs: chin up babe, it will happen I'm 100% sure of it, we'll all get our bfps this year, I'm positive!!!:hugs: xo

Thank you ladies! We are lucky to live in an age where we can communicate like this. I can't imagine how hard it was for women in the past when there wasn't much support for them while going through this struggle. I'm feeling better today. Had acu last and it helped. I think keeping a positive attitude will help us all! Need to train my mind better.

Did anyone else have this with acu- my period was really red and heavy the first day and then it started diminishing..? Maybe it will be good so I can ovulate earlier. Thoughts? I get new herbs tomorrow, quite excited!

Jen you're from Ireland? So jealous, my grandparents are from there and I'm like the only one of my cousins who haven't been to go visit our extended family there. DH says he'll take me though :)

How is everyone else getting along this week? Any changes or news? xx

Yes I had exactly the same thing with my period Holls! I had two weeks of acupuncture and herbs and when I got af it was bright red and heavy the first day and then started to diminish really quickly by day 5 it was completely gone, usually I also would have had a dry spell with no cm but straight away I had cm and it was just crazy how much! Woohoo, it means its working! Super excited for you this cycle! My af is due on Saturday and can feel its imminent, was getting cramps and sore back this evening which is usually the first sign she is just around the corner. Surprised though as usually I woudn't get that until cd28...oh well obviously the acupuncture is starting to work in bringing everything forward! Yes Holls I'm from Northern Ireland, living in Belfast at the moment! Its a great city, not anywhere near as bad as what is portrayed on the news!!
XO

Jocr, I am going to order the green tea and thank you for letting me know the promotional code :)

I am having hot flash in the night, can't sleep without blanket and with blanket I am sweating most of the time in the night, I was just wandering is it because of the acupuncture or the herbs I am taking ??? I haven't even ovulated so don't think it cud be PMS.....I am missing my sound sleep because of this :(

lovecutie, it could be because of the herbs. Let your practitioner know about your changed sleep. My very first acu appt was at a school and they gave me some herbs that my current practitioner said could disrupt sleep for some people, so just a thought :)

Is green tea suppose to be beneficial? I started drinking it this week just to stay warm at work, my office is always freezing!

Thanks holls, I'll speak to the Doc

JocR's thought --- " Green tea has caffeine (you prob know that anyway) in it although it is supposed to be very good for you. I had some at the vitality show (I dont have ANY caffeine normally) made by tea pigs and its called 'matcha' costs about £25 for a months worth (one a day) but it has been made so it doesnt have that same anxious effect with caffeine as it releases over 4 hours. Anyhoo it says it is 137 times the antioxidants of norma l green tea etc etc heres the link. I think I will buy some even though its not cheep as it looks worth it. https://www.teapigs.co.uk/products/te...green+tea-tea/ (it is lovely mixed into apple juice). "

Hence I have stopped drinking Green tea also :( till the post comes from the site https://www.teapigs.co.uk.

Lovecutie - cool, I hope it turns up quickly for you. I had it with apple juice and it tasted fine.

I got another :bfn: this month so Im out. Manged to have a bust up with DH last night but I suppose a lot of it is all this pressure.:cry:

Holls - Like you I really need a positive mental attitude boost. Im sure when I get my long awaited acu on tuesday it will make me feel a lot more positive....cant wait.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Jo xx

Ahh Jocr. Major bummer :( When I started acupuncture I thought to myself "well since it's taken me this long already I'm sure it wont be a quick fix, it will take a couple more months." That's helping me stay positive, I just have to think my body is finally getting balanced out and then I'll get that bfp!

It's so so so hard. It's amazing how I never thought I would be in this boat or what it would do to me. I used to let it consume my every thought and I just can't do that anymore, it's not healthy!

Are you going to take herbs too? Can't remember. I got new herbs yesterday but they are in pill form, kind of wish I would have got powder because it's cheaper and more effective. Oh well too late now. Maybe next month.

DH and I always fight about it. So if you have a blow up every once in a while don't feel too bad about it. It's bound to happen.

Keep your head up! It's a new cycle, a fresh start! xxx holls

Thanks Holls.:hugs:
Yes I know what you mean. I suppose as I think that with each month that goes on after soooo long of trying I think that given the odds its surely going to be bfp this month.
I thought I would just get preg within the first 2 months of trying but oh no :nope: 27 months later and not a dicky bird.

No herbs for me as my TCM doesnt offer them.

I will get my positive head back on in a day or so.
xxxx

I am so sorry Jocr that you got another BFN :( , it's so hard to accept that this time also it did not happen.

I just wanted to share with you all i got one video in you tube for self help reflexology for fertility, have a look it's just to add another bit to help ourselves, now a days i am doing this everyday.....

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->