• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acupuncture anyone?

I am so sorry Jocr that you got another BFN :( , it's so hard to accept that this time also it did not happen.

I just wanted to share with you all i got one video in you tube for self help reflexology for fertility, have a look it's just to add another bit to help ourselves, now a days i am doing this everyday.....

xxxx

What is the hyperlink to the video please?

The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOAvs_fTy8c, if it doesn't pull the video then do a search on You tube for self help reflexology for fertility, there are couple of videos the one I am following is barefootdragonfly.

Hey, i liked ur new pic :)

Aw Jocr, I'm so sorry you got a bfn! Your not out till the witch shows up though! I used to fight with dh all the time when we were ttc no1 plus I don't think I was ever more depressed than I was ttc and just constantly getting bfn's every month! Holls is right its not a quick fix, depending on what is wrong with your body it can take awhile for the acupuncture and herbs (if taking them) to work. Once your body is totally healthy it will happen though! Going by my cp and cm af is def coming tomorrow! Oh well here's to next cycle for us all! Hopefully a bfp and a 2012 baby! xo

Thanks Holls.:hugs:
Yes I know what you mean. I suppose as I think that with each month that goes on after soooo long of trying I think that given the odds its surely going to be bfp this month.
I thought I would just get preg within the first 2 months of trying but oh no :nope: 27 months later and not a dicky bird.

No herbs for me as my TCM doesnt offer them.

I will get my positive head back on in a day or so.
xxxx

Maybe once you get the fertility book you can determine what herbs you need and buy them online. Or maybe you can google search an herbalist in your area?

Yeah that's a good idea Holls! Would you consider maybe changing acupuncturists to a tcm practitioner? That way you would def get the herbs! xo

So girls I think the acupuncture and herbs have worked for me already! My af was due yesterday going by a normal 28 day cycle but today is day 30 and still no sign of the witch!! Wooohooo!!!:happydance: I've added on an extra two days to my lp so far. I'm wondering has the acupuncture and herbs extended my cycle to 35 days again...I had one cycle of 35 days over Christmas and I think maybe this cycle is going to be the same. I poas yesterday and it was a bfn but it was stooopid to test as it would be far to early to tell anyway given I only ovulated on cd20/21. I've another acupuncture appointment on Tuesday, think she'll just do the same treatment as before if no sign of af. I know they can tell if you're pregnant or not by your pulse...a pregnant pulse feels slippery (whatever that means!) LOL. How is everyone else doing? xo

Yay! Maybe she wont get you, ya never know! If you ovulated on CD 20 and your temps are still high then you lp phase is already longer! Wasn't 8-9 days before? Have you read the book taking charge of your fertility?

It's working for me. I def do not obsess about ttc every second of the day like I use to and I'm not as agitated all the time. Getting enough sleep and herbs do amazing things!

keep us posted :)

Hi girls, hope you're all enjoying the weekend! I've not been on for a while but thought I'd put up an update! I've had 4 or 5 sessions of acupuncture now, I'm really enjoying it! Last time I had the heat lamp, that was lovely! But I don't think I'm pregnant this month, took an early test on Friday (12 DPO) and it was negative. Was of course hopeful that the first month of acupuncture, maca, soft cups and preseed would work, but shouldn't really be surprised that it didn't! Starting clomid next week (assuming AF comes), really hoping that works! Am convinced 1 of those 5 things must do the job LOL! Anyway good luck to you all! My next appointment is on Wednesday which should be the same day as my baseline scan and first day I take clomid.

Hey Holls, no I've not read that book. I've no time to read at the moment though as I've exams coming up in May I'm revising for. I'm positive the acu and herbs will both get us our bfps! I would love to believe it might be this cycle but I don't even want to get my hopes up! I'm pleased the effect on my lp its having though, my lp before was 8 days so this is brilliant that it's increased by 2 days already! Still no sign of af today and have been having crampy twinges on and off.

Ladyk don't be too down if you're not pregnant this month, I felt like that my first cycle on the acu and herbs but it can take awhile for your body to feel the full effects of the herbs and acupuncture! Here's hoping next cycle will be lucky for you! xo

Hey Holls, no I've not read that book. I've no time to read at the moment though as I've exams coming up in May I'm revising for. I'm positive the acu and herbs will both get us our bfps! I would love to believe it might be this cycle but I don't even want to get my hopes up! I'm pleased the effect on my lp its having though, my lp before was 8 days so this is brilliant that it's increased by 2 days already! Still no sign of af today and have been having crampy twinges on and off.

Ladyk don't be too down if you're not pregnant this month, I felt like that my first cycle on the acu and herbs but it can take awhile for your body to feel the full effects of the herbs and acupuncture! Here's hoping next cycle will be lucky for you! xo

Hi Holls - thanks for that, I will ask her tonight about herbs just in case its something she hasnt offered me as yet.
Are you still sleeping well? Do you feel its also made you less anxious?
Im hoping that I will lower my anxious levels down this month through the acu and also im not going to take my clomid.

Hi Jen - My book turned up and I started to read it last night. She writes in a nice easy to understand way.
Still no AF?
Heres to the next new cycle. I have my positive head on again now :happydance:
I really like my acu lady and wouldnt like to change her but I will read up on the herbs as a possibility.

Lady K - oh yeah I love the heat lamp too :smug: Good luck with the clomid, is it your first batch?

Lovecutie - thanks for the link, I will have a look when Im at home (at work at the mo). x Has your tea turned up yet?

Soo looking forward to my session tonight (4th or 5th session) its been 2 weeks, cant wait to be prodded and heated and then a bit of cupping for my neck and shoulders.

Jo xx

Hi jo, sleeping has been going well! I slept solid for 6 nights and then crashed last night. Seems like Sunday's are a hard night for me to relax. Anxiety is way down too! Enjoy your appt :) Hope it helps you feel calm

Lady K- are you currently in an IVF cycle or just trying acupuncture on your own?

Decided to try acupuncture after my third IVF cycle failed. I know it's good to do it alongside IVF but didn't manage to pull my finger out in time to organise it! If I go for a fourth IVF though will definitely do acupuncture in conjunction with it.

It will be my first try on Clomid. I'm only on a low dose (50mg) so not sure it will do much. Am I likely to get any side affects? Mind you I'm a bit anxious, I've booked my scan for Wednesday on the assumption AF arrives tomorrow, but if it doesn't arrive tomorrow but does before Friday then I'm screwed, because I have to have the scan on Day 1-3, but my clinic only scans on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, and I'm the only one in the office on Friday in my department and no way will I be able to leave! So no doubt the anxiety of this will delay AF then I won't be able to do Clomid this month :-( That and finding out about another 2 pregnant people today is already stressing me out!

Aw Lady k that totally sucks! Here's hoping you can get the time off somehow to go! Well I'm weak and did another test and it was off course a bfn! So I don't think I'm pregnant this month...gutted and totally confused by my cycles! Maybe my tcm practitioner will make me feel better tomorrow...I hope!!! xo

Hi Jen, did you take another test, i hope everything is going fine for you. FX for you....

JocR, I got my tea today and I really loved the taste...

Just wanted to share the tip I got with you all, avoid standing in front of the Microwave and don't hold your laptop on your lap, try to avoid wireless. Don't know how far all these will make any sense...but I think worth a try.....

Hi Jen, did you take another test, i hope everything is going fine for you. FX for you....

JocR, I got my tea today and I really loved the taste...

Just wanted to share the tip I got with you all, avoid standing in front of the Microwave and don't hold your laptop on your lap, try to avoid wireless. Don't know how far all these will make any sense...but I think worth a try.....

No haven't done another test, have managed to restrain myself! I had my 3rd session of acupuncture today. I told Cathy (tcm practitioner) that my af hadn't turned up but I had tested it and it was bfn. She checked my pulse in both wrists and looked at my tongue. She said it was good that my lp has increased and its a really positive sign. She told me not to test until 14 dpo which will make Thursday official test day. Here's hoping I can hold off till then and more importantly af doesn't show up before then! She told me to stop taking the herbs if I do get a positive and to ring her and let her know too. Going to head to bed soon as I'm shattered and no doubt lo will be up bright and early! xoxo

Good luck with testing tomorrow Jen! As predicted AF didn't show up in time for scan today! Have managed to get an early scan on Friday, so just have to hope it shows up between now & then, as can get away with getting into the office a bit late on Friday, but just won't get away with have to skive off (as my clinic is near my home which is an hour from work so not exactly a quick "popping out" session!). Typical AF is ALWAYS late when I'm waiting for it for an appointment of some sort! Grrrrr! Anyway got my next session acupuncture tonight so looking forward to that! Although if AF hasn't arrived my practitioner probably won't know what to do as I'll be in no-mans land LOL!

Good luck with testing tomorrow Jen! As predicted AF didn't show up in time for scan today! Have managed to get an early scan on Friday, so just have to hope it shows up between now & then, as can get away with getting into the office a bit late on Friday, but just won't get away with have to skive off (as my clinic is near my home which is an hour from work so not exactly a quick "popping out" session!). Typical AF is ALWAYS late when I'm waiting for it for an appointment of some sort! Grrrrr! Anyway got my next session acupuncture tonight so looking forward to that! Although if AF hasn't arrived my practitioner probably won't know what to do as I'll be in no-mans land LOL!

Hope AF comes for you by friday - typical aye! Can I ask what they are scanning for? I had clomid the last 2 months and no one scanned me but I know a lot of people get scans.
I was on the 50mg too but have decided to come off it as it made me feel like I had PMT a lot of the time. Some people are absolutely fine with ut so fingers crossed for you. :hugs:

Jen - everythings crossed for you, let us know how you get on with your test tomoz.

Holls - yeah sunday isnt a good night for restful sleep it seems, must be the thought of having to go to work.

After my session this week when I slept I had the most awful peed wet through night sweat! Ive had a few before (normally when im stressed or have AF). Even the quilt was wet errrghh yuk I must have had a lot of stuff to come out of me I guess?

Saw the Fertility DR yesterday and I have my apt for the LAP in May - excited :happydance: as we will finally know whats going on in there and scared of being put under. :nope:

hope your all good xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->