• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Acupuncture anyone?

I'm 28. TBH I don't put as much emphasis on age, I rather go by the chinese medicine view that you are never too old! If you are looking for some inspiring reading get Randine Lewis's the infertility cure. It's a great read! Yup you're right Ladyk the date is my birthday. Woohoo for aquarians!!! lol. xo

Im an aquarian too - im on the 27th Jan :thumbup:

Hello girls! First of all congrats to you Jen 1802! How exciting! Hey I've just noticed the 1802! Guess that's your birthday? Mine is 1602 and hubbie's is 1802!

I took my last Clomid 50mg yesterday. Have had no side effects at all (which is good I suppose!), but I can't help feeling that the low does is going to do diddly squat! But I do have some questions for Clomid girls! On Monday (CD6) I have loads of EWCM, that's way too early for O, I'm assuming it's a side effect of Clomid? Also my acupuncturist said Clomid can make you O early, she knew someone who O'd on CD8! Paranoid I'm going to miss it this month! Will see what they say at the clinic following my scan on Friday. I've also read that Clomid can make AF lighter, is that true? Just so I'm not shocked or questionning anything!

Well still enjoying my acupuncture sessions, we've brought next week's forward to Monday as that will be CD13 so around O time! God I have my hopes up this month I hope not to be disappointed, especially as AF is due whilst I'm on holiday with some friends, one of who is, yes you've guessed it, pregnant! So not like I can get away from it at all with a bump being paraded around in a swimsuit!

hi - Im 37
I have had lighter periods on the clomid generally and I did have more CM too on abnormal days. But as I use a CBFM I could still see that I was ovulating at my normal time. Do you POAS? That will put your mind at rest so you are less likely to miss it.
The book that Jen mentioned is really good, I brought it after she suggested it. :hugs:

Hi Ladies -
I have had a strange pain in what feels like my left tube area since last night off and on, have no idea what it is? It doesnt feel like the ovulation pain I had whilst on clomid. im on CD10 and havent noticed this before.
Hopefully it will be our week to get PG so that I wont have to have the LAP next month.
Has anyone got any thought on EPO or Starflower oil whilst TTC? I have heard you should only take it from period to ovulation as it can cause uterine contractions but I have also read it could thin your blood (which wouldnt be a good thing for me in my uterus as acupuncture lady thinks im a bit blood deficient) - anyone got any thought?
:hugs::hugs:

I didn't realise epo thins the blood! Well I took 3000mg of epo until ovulation(well when I thought I had ovulated as I kept forgetting to temp!) I'm not sure what to advise, I know it helps with producing ewcm but if its going to have a bad effect on your blood then maybe its not worth taking! XO

Hi girls, Firstly, congrats Jen, fx for you.

I've been reading your thread with interest. I'm actually thinking about studying acupuncture when I go back home to oz. I'm a cardiac nurse now and want to use my medical background to help women with fertility problems.

Hope you don't mind me joining your thread at this stage. I've my first session Thursday the 21st, really excited as I had a laparoscopy last month to remove mild endometriosis (first time diagnosed) and the HSG showed my tubes are clear. I'm 36 so the clock is ticking and now with the diagnosis of endometriosis I'm worried. But keeping positive. Oh and the other thing is I tried soy this month and for the first time since I can remember I got ewcm and very noticeable if not painful ovulation pain. I'll look forward to hearing how everyone does. Good luck guys. :thumbup:

Thanks Kimmy!! I'd love to study acupuncture to help others with fertility issues. I don't think it really hits home how much it can help until you need it yourself! The soy didn't give me any ewcm and I can't quite pinpoint what got me my bfp. Like I said before the two common denominators with both bfp's were the herbs and acupuncture. FX'D for your bfp this month!!! xox

I would love to study it too or work at clinic if it was just as a receptionist!

So I don't even know if I ovulated this cycle yet!?!? I didn't use opks because I thought I would temp it out to confirm, but I haven't been able to temp consistently. Ugh. I've barely had any ewcm, usually i have tons! Maybe it's good, maybe I had too much or too thick before. Whatever. Guess I'll just keep letting acu do it's thing. It's been helping in all other areas!!

Count down to HSG I suppose. Hopefully it wipes my tubes out and makes me extra fertile along with acu.

Kimmy. If you can print the forms before your appt do that so you can be familiar with the questions that might arise. They will ask a ton of questions about your period. How many days, cramps, clotting, color, ect. They also ask what kind of foods you crave, hot cold, salty or sweet. THings a western dr would never ask :) Let us know how it goes!

jocr- that's strange!? What do you think it could be? I usually get really strong ovulation pains in one of my sides. Maybe you're getting ready to O!!

ok so on a frusterated wim i decided to do a an opk and it was positive! So weird because I have no symptoms, excpet once today I had a strong painful twinge in my left side. Guess I'll be:sex: tonight! i feel better now :) I can't believe this silly ticker was right!

Woohoo for ovulation Holls!!! Hopefully this cycle will be your cycle!!! Have you had any ewcm? I would recommend conceive plus...I used it this cycle as I seemed to have no ewcm! Good luck!!! xox

Nice one holls - :thumbup:I seem to trya nd work out my ovulation day with about 4 different apps on iphone and ticker etc and also CBFM!!:wacko: Still better dafe then sorry.
I think it must be due to coming up to ovulation but I dont normally feel anything until the day.

Jen - can you tell me if you used the cups or sat with your legs in the air etc? I bet you are still on :cloud9: x I might just order some omega oils to help instead rather then EPO - I will ask my acu lady next week.

Hi Kimmy - I am booked in for a LAP in May, how did you feel afterwards, did it take long to go back to work etc? Same as you my HSG was clear so maybe they will find a little somrthing in my tubes and fix it for me.
Enjoy your 1st apt, its lovely.

x:hugs:

Haha well I just the think tickers are usually wrong because all bodies are different. So i thought it was funny that it was actually right! Even though I got a + opk I might ovulate until today. Ugh. Hopefully the progesterone cream helps my lp phase. I'm not holding out a ton of hope for this cycle, I still think it will take 1 or 2 more to get me sorted out.

Hopefully dtd last night will be enough. I used a soft cup to keep it all up there for longer. DH has to work all day today and then again tonight so we wont be able to do it today. Maybe next month I'll dtd the after I get my + opk to see if that helps, since I always do it the day of.

Jen usually I have loads of ewcm but I've like none this cycle! I'm going to buy that conceive plus for cycle.

Nice one holls - :thumbup:I seem to trya nd work out my ovulation day with about 4 different apps on iphone and ticker etc and also CBFM!!:wacko: Still better dafe then sorry.
I think it must be due to coming up to ovulation but I dont normally feel anything until the day.

Jen - can you tell me if you used the cups or sat with your legs in the air etc? I bet you are still on :cloud9: x I might just order some omega oils to help instead rather then EPO - I will ask my acu lady next week.

Hi Kimmy - I am booked in for a LAP in May, how did you feel afterwards, did it take long to go back to work etc? Same as you my HSG was clear so maybe they will find a little somrthing in my tubes and fix it for me.
Enjoy your 1st apt, its lovely.

x:hugs:

Jocr I didn't use soft cups but did lay with legs in the air for awhile! LOL. I've heard peddling your legs in the air after dtd works as it sucks all the spermies into the cervix. You could try that!

Holls I'd recommend the conceive plus, it must have helped anyway! xoox

I've used conceive plus for several cycles but never got a BFP :-( We are now trying Pressed and Soft Cups. Now what were the other things I have to reply too? Oh yes I remember. I too use EPO from the beginning of my cycle to O to increase CM. Didn't know it thinned the blood either! Although my acu practitioner hasn't said she has found anything wrong yet that could be causing the lack of BFP! I too use a CBFM, but I understood that it wouldn't be very reliable whilst taking Clomid as my hormones will be "false" as such so it might give me a wrong reading? So I haven't used it this cycle. Will just go for BD'ing every other day all around the right time, and hoping actually that the clinic will be able to give me a heads up tomorrow after my scan as to when I might O. Usually for me it's any time between Day 12 & Day 16, so we tend to go for 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 to be on the safe side! But in case it is early this month we started yesterday just in case LOL! But at age 41 with a full time job normally by Day 16 I'm knackered and have had enough LOL!

Jocr do you have endometriosis, why are you having a lap? What are your symptoms? I took 3 weeks off after, you will be bruised and sore for a week or so. I am a nurse and work 14 hr shifts so I needed to take that much time off. I also suffered and still do, bad back pain with the endo, so that contributed too. Glad its over, they did the HSG while I was under having the lap. Doc seemed to think it went brilliantly. When is your lap? Keep me posted and ask away, hope I can help. Really looking forward to my acupuncture and I still have to go to this day spa my lovely partner bought me a voucher for from christmas, might do it soon.

Kimmy - I dont think I have endometriosis (sounds painful for you), but you never know what they might find?? They are giving me the LAP because I had anti bodies for chlamedia in my blood which makes them think I may have scarring. So they will have a look. I had my HSG awak but it wasnt too bad - obviously expected to get BFP soon after as lots of people tell you but .:nope:
I work at a desk so I am assuming maybe a week off - work are gits and are already expecting me back within a week.
On wards and upwards :happydance:though.
When you booking your lovely spa day?

LadyK
- I used pre seed last night as dont seem to have the EWCM yet - hopefully it has done the job. Last month we did it every other day over the week but this time I will TRY for every day.
I also read that re CBFM but it worked for me still. I am yet to get my +opk this month prob tomorrow.

Jen - I will try peddling tonight :bike: :winkwink:

Holls
- fingers crossed for you :thumbup:

AFM - I am on my busy :sex: week - could do with a bit of extra energy to be honest but DH is loving it as usual :haha:
Am off to my allotment to clear the weeds and it really helps clear my head too (sounds like Im getting old:haha:).
Im going back to blond tomorrow and off to the Zoo with the out laws (wish me luck).
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Jo xx:hugs::dust::dust:

Well scan went well this morning :) I wasn't expecting much TBH as I was on the lowest dose and haven't always responded well to the highest dose of IVF drugs in the past! Anyway I have 3 follicles - 16, 19 & 21! I'm well chuffed with that! They also took my blood and later confirmed given the results almost certainly all 3 follicles contain mature eggs! Woo hoo! Under normal circumstances they wouldn't advise someone with those results to go ahead due to the risk of multiple pregnancy, but given my age, and the fact I had 3 embroys transferred during my last IVF attempt, none of which implanted, they have said to go ahead as long as I am aware of the risks! I'm really pleased and honestly didn't expect much at all, and I know when my sister took Clomid for her IUI, and she was 3 years younger than I am now when she did it, she sometimes struggled to get more than 1 follicle! Yet it worked for her! Anyway feeling positive, please everyone keep everything crossed!

Have a good weekend all!

Praying for you hun.

I have no doubt you will be successful and achieve pregnancy. So exciting please keep us posted :)

Everything is crossed for except for my legs as I'm on bd week he he xx

Got acupuncture today to coincide with possible O which I expect will be today or tomorrow. Not had any EWCM this cycle though which I expect is a side affect of Clomid. Will be using preseed and the soft cups today & tomorrow! I'm quite excited but know that's the worst thing is some ways as it's a longer way to fall in 2 weeks time! But I must remain positive, that's what my practitioner keeps telling me!

How is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->