Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

I had the same thing happen to me! It was crazy!!!

How is everyone holding up? I have my 2nd IUI today!!!

Wish me luck

I am so excited for you!!! I am going to be hanging on your every symptom (though I know we're not supposed to do that!).

Hi! Can I jump in? I am going in for my third acupuncture appointment on Friday. I am also taking the DH with me too! LOL, he saw how much more relaxed I am after going and wants to see what it is like. Hopefully it makes us both super fertile! We are luck on the cost, we go to a community style acupuncture where they let you pay what you can afford between 15$ and 40$ per treatment. You sit in a room with 8 other people in recliners, but it is still so relaxing, peaceful, and quiet. My acupuncturist told me she has had lots of success stories with infertility and TTC, so I hope it works for me! I ovulated for the first time since TTC early this week, and I am sure the acupuncture helped with that along with my higher dose of Clomid although I am not sure which was more powerful...

Welcome JustFluffy!! Community acupuncture sounds really good to me about now. I pay $75 a session. How do you find community acupuncture in your city?

Good luck with the iui Moorebetter, hope they are strong swimmers for you.

Welcome along fluffy!

Yes I was really pleased he mentioned clomid. It's nice he seems to take a view of acu that he is helping along side other things. He said he does not agree with clomid for about 90% of his patients as he thinks they have issues that clomid cannot help, but he seemed to think it would be ok for me. Got my next FS appointment on Monday, really hoping he gives me the prescription then. He said I could have it 3 months after my lap, and we are 6 weeks past already.
I'm so impatient for this baby bump!!!

When I was looking for acus, I talked with one who took an integrative approach. He had been an M.D., but had switched over his practice to TCM. I didn't go with him because he required two visits a week at $75 a pop and his clinic had very inconvenient hours, so I'd end up having to take lots of time off from work. Also, he had a weird bedside manner and creeped me out!

But I really liked the idea of an acu who could combine both Eastern and Western medicine. That is the best of all worlds.

CaliDreaming: I just googled acupuncture in my city and found a few spots, I looked on Yelp and other review sites to see what they were like. The community style acupuncture is pretty common in my area, there were three within 20 minutes of me. I just picked one and went. You could probably google community acupuncture in your area and find one...

I also go to community acupunture I love it :) and the price of course

Good luck with the IUI Moorebetter!

And welcome, JustFluffy! This is a great thread and all the ladies are so amazing, I'm sure you'll find it lovely to be a part of :)

Ah phooey! The closest community acupuncture clinic near me is about 70 miles away. I live in the Atlanta area, so you would think there would be at least one in this city!

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&....,cf.osb&fp=2cf25f040aba1e2c&biw=1024&bih=578

are you sure? atl is such a big spot!!

Hi ladies, just popping in from the 2nd trimester and saw this post. I started acupuncture twice weekly and drank herbs twice daily the cycle we conceived. I continued until I was about 10 weeks. I had taken two rounds of clomid for low progesterone and it totally messed up my cycle.

I stopped clomid in December, got my tubes tested in January, started acupuncture the first week in February and got our BFP the end of February. I can't say for sure if it was acupuncture or a combo of things but I will probably go to prep my body a few months before we TTC our next baby. I never needed progesterone supplements once I was pregnant, it was around 40 when tested.

For what it's worth, after I had been going to my acupuncturist a couple of months, we realized someone my Mom knows had seen the same lady as me and got pregnant with acupuncture after trying a long time. :thumbup:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&....,cf.osb&fp=2cf25f040aba1e2c&biw=1024&bih=578

are you sure? atl is such a big spot!!

Yeah, I'm surprised too. I guess this is not an acu-friendly town. :( The one that I found is on the extreme opposite side of town from where I live. Just my luck! :dohh:

Hi ladies, just popping in from the 2nd trimester and saw this post. I started acupuncture twice weekly and drank herbs twice daily the cycle we conceived. I continued until I was about 10 weeks. I had taken two rounds of clomid for low progesterone and it totally messed up my cycle.

I stopped clomid in December, got my tubes tested in January and started acupuncture the first week in February. I can't say for sure if it was acupuncture or a combo of things but I will probably go to prep my body a few months before we TTC our next baby. I never needed progesterone supplements once I was pregnant, it was around 40 when tested.

For what it's worth, after I had been going to my acupuncturist a couple of months, we realized someone my Mom knows had seen the same lady as me and got pregnant with acupuncture after trying a long time. :thumbup:

Hi MonaLissa! Congrats on your pregnancy!! I love hearing about acu success stories. How long did you do acupuncture before you got your BFP and did you get a diagnosis from your acu???

Ah phooey! The closest community acupuncture clinic near me is about 70 miles away. I live in the Atlanta area, so you would think there would be at least one in this city!

Dang! What rotten luck. By the time you pay for gas to get there and back you might as well just stay and go to a non-community acu... I am surprised ATL doesn't have more options for community acupuncture.

I stopped clomid in December, got my tubes tested in January and started acupuncture the first week in February. I can't say for sure if it was acupuncture or a combo of things but I will probably go to prep my body a few months before we TTC our next baby. I never needed progesterone supplements once I was pregnant, it was around 40 when tested.

Hi MonaLissa! Congrats on your pregnancy!! I love hearing about acu success stories. How long did you do acupuncture before you got your BFP and did you get a diagnosis from your acu???

Thank you! I just checked my notes, I started acupuncture on February 3, and don't think I started the herbs until my next visit on February 7. I was not given a diagnosis, as no tests were run, but the herbs were made especially for me based on my "symptoms" (low progesterone, short luteal phase due to spotting etc). My cycles were regular just on the shorter side at around 23-25 days.

We got our BFP on February 26, so in reality, I probably only had a few sessions before I O'd.

Wishing you all lots of baby dust!!

^^^Oh wow so you are one of those instant success stories. That is so cool!

Hi all! :flower:

I've just come home from another acu appointment. She placed the needles in some slightly different spots this time, so hoping to see AF in the next few days...

At the clinic I go to, there is a whole wall dedicated to success stories - women who have fallen pregnant through the assistance of acupuncture send in photos of their bubs and they all go up on this wall... Anyway, I was reading some of the testimonials and successes and it made me so hopeful and optimistic! I can't wait to see my baby's face up there one day :)

I hope everyone is going well and staying healthy.

Love and :dust: to all of you wonderful women :flower:

Hello everyone!

My IUI was done on wednesday the 18th, and as of now I havent felt anything.
Im on 5dpo tho :)
I hope everyone is doing great!

thanks girl! how are you?!?!?!

Oh, I am just (not so) patiently waiting to test in a week. No strong symptoms anymore, so just keeping my FX'd!!! This is the hardest part I think, after O and just hoping, but not trying to get your hopes up too high in case of a BFN. I am going out of town Friday-Sunday so hopefully that will help keep me distracted. Although, I am going on a hiking trip with a friend, so I may be nervous about overdoing it in case I am pregnant! Geez... What to do? LOL

Good luck Moorebetter, hopefully this is your month :0)

Got my clomid prescription today! So will be trying that with acu this month! Very happy to have the prescription and it only cost me £13 and that was private not even nhs! For 6 months. My acu is on holiday for 2 weeks now, so having a break with just herbs.

Good luck lovely ladies, let's keep the faith in the needle!

Hi Ladies... Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their :bfp:..

I was just wondering, i have my first round of Acupuncture this Friday.

What should i expect apart from being prodded with needles?? Where do they get placed??

I had an acu appointment today. She really did not place many needles at all. I got one needle just under my belly button, a couple in my feet, a couple in my lower leg, one in my wrist and my forehead, and that was it.

One weird thing was that after she felt my pulse she asked if I had been having any trouble with my sinuses. I have had no problem with them at all and I am still trying to figure out what the connection is?

I was really in a very sudden terrible mood today. At the beginning of our session, she asked me how I was doing and in a split second I decided to lie and say I was fine. I'm kicking myself because I know I should have said something but I didn't feel like talking and wanted the appoiontment to be over with. After she put the needles in I just felt so sad and started crying. I was so so moody today. It feels like PMS but AF is not due for over a week.

After I was done she massaged my wrists, hands and feet. She has never done that before. I wish I knew more about what is going on. I am a little afraid because I am still on the Jia Wei Xiao Yao San which is supposed to help with anxiety and PMS type symptoms, but I'm still in a PMSy mood days before I'm supposed to feel this. I am really dreading what type of state I will be in when as it gets closer to the time she is supposed to come. Hopefully I will be in a better state to talk with my acu about it at that time!

Hi Ladies... Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their :bfp:..

I was just wondering, i have my first round of Acupuncture this Friday.

What should i expect apart from being prodded with needles?? Where do they get placed??

Hi WeeNat! Welcome!

At my first session, my acu asked me a whole bunch of detailed information about my cycles and health in general. That took about 30-45 minutes. She also looked at my tongue, which she still does at the start of every session.

Different acus have slightly different styles. I usually get needles in my feet and lower leg, wrists, hand, ears and forehead. These needles will change depending on where I'm at in my cycle. At the end of the session, I get a massage at certain areas of my body.

I know you will enjoy it and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!!

Cali did you try asking? I havent heard of this but Im really intrested to see what they say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->