Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

this is great! everyone seems to be doing well!!

Well I went yesterday for my 6 appointment! I feel great, Ive been taking herbs for 4 days now, she said in the next few months I should feel a difference with the herbs. Im excited to see! Im on cd 10 today, just started OPK's for the month. I have a U/S monday to look at my follicals so ill keep yall updated :)

gl this month girls!

good luck!! I'm almost positive on OPK! It should be positive either tonight or tomorrow morning. Right on time too :happydance:

hey guys I just wanted to give you a quick post regarding the herbs that my acupunturist gave me. These are lu wei di huang pian and cong rong bu shen. Anybody who uses the same herbs? any effects? thanks all!

Well I went yesterday for my 6 appointment! I feel great, Ive been taking herbs for 4 days now, she said in the next few months I should feel a difference with the herbs. Im excited to see! Im on cd 10 today, just started OPK's for the month. I have a U/S monday to look at my follicals so ill keep yall updated :)

gl this month girls!

good luck!! I'm almost positive on OPK! It should be positive either tonight or tomorrow morning. Right on time too :happydance:

Go Danielle! We can be 2ww and acupuncture buddies!!

gl this month girls!

Of course! I got two appointments this week. She wants to make sure to see me as much as possible before AF.

Hi needle friends :) How is everyone going? I hope you've all had a nice weekend!

I've had a bad day today. I think everything is just catching up with me and I've been feeling very pessimistic about TTC :( It's been 6 months now since my last AF and after 3 weeks of acupuncture and herbs there is still absolutely no sign that she is on her way. I know it can take a while but I just thought it would be here by now. I'd give anything to have regular cycles so at least I'd be in with a fighting chance!

Next acu session isn't for a week, so I'm going to try not to think about it all until then (not much chance of that happening!) and I'm going to chat to my acupuncturist and tell her how I'm feeling. She always reassures me - as do you all!

Thank you for listening to my vent. I hope I don't bring anyone else down with my negativity! Thinking of you all and hoping to see BFPs all around very soon! :dust:

gl this month girls!

Of course! I got two appointments this week. She wants to make sure to see me as much as possible before AF.

Cool let us all know how it goes and what she says. I wonder what she'll do - v exciting! I'm really hopeful I've ov this month - my breasts kill! I hope my acu woman will do some magic on thurs! Xx

Kayleigh - sorry you feel blue :( our bodies r strange things & this whole process is so stressful. I'm sure ur acu person will be more reassuring. I think some of these herbs take a while to work. I've haven't had af since coming off bcp 4 months ago, had 1 v light spotting thing & body tried to ov but didn't. Fingers x for you xx

Hi Kayleigh I do understand and I'm sending a virtual hug. Hang on in there and just keep thinking about all the good stuff going on in your body at the moment....everything is slowly balancing out and your period will come. I'm lucky that I'm regular but have been ttc for about 18 months. I even brought a spell of some nutter on eBay for a fiver! Jeeeez I'm grabbing at straws now. I have had a few acupuncture apps along with 3 weeks of herbs (v. Expensive herbs!). I'm so poor at the moment but I'm really trying to stick with it as I feel I've tried everything else and I have to trust that something is going on inside that isgiving to help me conceive. I wish i could really feel a difference but hey! I do hope you start to feel a little better but sometimes it's ok to be sad because this is really tuff sometimes isn't it x x:hugs:

gl this month girls!

I think you'll see great results with the herbs! Good luck on Monday and keep us posted!

Oooh exciting!! Hope you get a good egg! I think it's extra exciting that your acu is seeing you twice this week. I wonder if that is standard practice for her or if she is hopeful of your chances this cycle!

hey guys I just wanted to give you a quick post regarding the herbs that my acupunturist gave me. These are lu wei di huang pian and cong rong bu shen. Anybody who uses the same herbs? any effects? thanks all!

These seem to be for kidney yin deficiency. I was given some different herbs for that same condition, but it seems to be geared for people with slightly different symptoms. Very interesting!

Hi needle friends :) How is everyone going? I hope you've all had a nice weekend!

I've had a bad day today. I think everything is just catching up with me and I've been feeling very pessimistic about TTC :( It's been 6 months now since my last AF and after 3 weeks of acupuncture and herbs there is still absolutely no sign that she is on her way. I know it can take a while but I just thought it would be here by now. I'd give anything to have regular cycles so at least I'd be in with a fighting chance!

Next acu session isn't for a week, so I'm going to try not to think about it all until then (not much chance of that happening!) and I'm going to chat to my acupuncturist and tell her how I'm feeling. She always reassures me - as do you all!

Thank you for listening to my vent. I hope I don't bring anyone else down with my negativity! Thinking of you all and hoping to see BFPs all around very soon! :dust:

Awww, big hugs to you! I wonder if AF is on her way with your sudden depressed mood. I felt that way last month right before AF and it was overwhelming. My acu adjusted my herbs and did something with the needles that made me feel better right away. It was neat because I told her how I was feeling and she seemed to know exactly where to look to find the blocked energy. She felt on a couple of places in my feet and asked if they were tender, and sure enough they were! She then placed the needles there and later that afternoon I felt so much better.

Cool let us all know how it goes and what she says. I wonder what she'll do - v exciting! I'm really hopeful I've ov this month - my breasts kill! I hope my acu woman will do some magic on thurs! Xx

Yup, definitely sounds like you O'ed. Good luck on the 2 ww!

Hi Kayleigh I do understand and I'm sending a virtual hug. Hang on in there and just keep thinking about all the good stuff going on in your body at the moment....everything is slowly balancing out and your period will come. I'm lucky that I'm regular but have been ttc for about 18 months. I even brought a spell of some nutter on eBay for a fiver! Jeeeez I'm grabbing at straws now. I have had a few acupuncture apps along with 3 weeks of herbs (v. Expensive herbs!). I'm so poor at the moment but I'm really trying to stick with it as I feel I've tried everything else and I have to trust that something is going on inside that isgiving to help me conceive. I wish i could really feel a difference but hey! I do hope you start to feel a little better but sometimes it's ok to be sad because this is really tuff sometimes isn't it x x:hugs:

Yup I know that grasping at straws feeling very well. I have even turned to astrology in some of my lower moments. I do feel that acu is time and money well invested though if you give it time to work.

On one website I read it compared our reproductive systems to gardens. No matter how bad shape the garden is, with regular watering and tending, it can be lush and fertile again.

On one website I read it compared our reproductive systems to gardens. No matter how bad shape the garden is, with regular watering and tending, it can be lush and fertile again.

Wow, I love this analogy! Great stuff Cali!

I'm on cd22 of a 30 day cycle which I think was annovulatory. I'm so torn on whether to temp as I struggle with sleep and stress and I don't want to add to that.

My acu mentioned last session that he thinks clomid is a good medication for me, (I'm hoping to start in 2 cycles) does anyone else's acu mention western medicine also?

Thanks Cali :flower:

That is a great analogy! I'll definitely keep that one at the forefront of my mind when I have days like this!

Thinking of everyone, good luck and lots of :dust:

Wow, I love this analogy! Great stuff Cali!

I'm on cd22 of a 30 day cycle which I think was annovulatory. I'm so torn on whether to temp as I struggle with sleep and stress and I don't want to add to that.

My acu mentioned last session that he thinks clomid is a good medication for me, (I'm hoping to start in 2 cycles) does anyone else's acu mention western medicine also?

My acu doesn't mention western medicine at all, but I would love it if she did.

I had a great acu session today. When she looked at my tongue she said "Wow great improvement!"

The weirdest thing happened as she was putting in the needles today. She was putting a needle into my ankle and I felt a little shock of electricity travel from the needle up my leg. It didn't hurt, but I jumped a little because it surprised me. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking this must be a good thing! It felt exactly what I would imagine qi to feel like.

Anyway, I am to continue on the Jia Wei Xiao Yao San even after O. Usually she changes things up after O, but she is still keeping me on the same herb this time. I guess she wants to work on building my blood some more.

I had a great acu session today. When she looked at my tongue she said "Wow great improvement!"

The weirdest thing happened as she was putting in the needles today. She was putting a needle into my ankle and I felt a little shock of electricity travel from the needle up my leg. It didn't hurt, but I jumped a little because it surprised me. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking this must be a good thing! It felt exactly what I would imagine qi to feel like.

Anyway, I am to continue on the Jia Wei Xiao Yao San even after O. Usually she changes things up after O, but she is still keeping me on the same herb this time. I guess she wants to work on building my blood some more.

"The weirdest thing happened as she was putting in the needles today. She was putting a needle into my ankle and I felt a little shock of electricity travel from the needle up my leg."

It did that to me too!! But only twice. It's a really weird feeling, and it was always the right ankle for me.

I went today for mine and it was my fourth time going. I ovulated yesterday and she told me that before my appointment on Thursday to take a pregnancy test. I told her it would be too early to tell and she said "You never know". Anyway, I didn't question her too much about it, but maybe I should have.

"The weirdest thing happened as she was putting in the needles today. She was putting a needle into my ankle and I felt a little shock of electricity travel from the needle up my leg."

It did that to me too!! But only twice. It's a really weird feeling, and it was always the right ankle for me.

I went today for mine and it was my fourth time going. I ovulated yesterday and she told me that before my appointment on Thursday to take a pregnancy test. I told her it would be too early to tell and she said "You never know". Anyway, I didn't question her too much about it, but maybe I should have.

Oh wow. I wonder if she's telling you that based on your pulse reading. I know some of them are able to tell from your pulse although I'm not sure if they can tell one day after the egg is fertilized. Either way that is still very promising news because it means that she thinks conditions in your body or favorable for pregnancy!

And if you get your BFP this month I am going to be excited for me since I felt the same electricity in my leg that you did!

I had the same thing happen to me! It was crazy!!!

How is everyone holding up? I have my 2nd IUI today!!!

Wish me luck

Hi! Can I jump in? I am going in for my third acupuncture appointment on Friday. I am also taking the DH with me too! LOL, he saw how much more relaxed I am after going and wants to see what it is like. Hopefully it makes us both super fertile! We are luck on the cost, we go to a community style acupuncture where they let you pay what you can afford between 15$ and 40$ per treatment. You sit in a room with 8 other people in recliners, but it is still so relaxing, peaceful, and quiet. My acupuncturist told me she has had lots of success stories with infertility and TTC, so I hope it works for me! I ovulated for the first time since TTC early this week, and I am sure the acupuncture helped with that along with my higher dose of Clomid although I am not sure which was more powerful...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ welcome!!!!!

Please let us know what the acupunturist says and GL!

Good luck with the iui Moorebetter, hope they are strong swimmers for you.

Welcome along fluffy!

Yes I was really pleased he mentioned clomid. It's nice he seems to take a view of acu that he is helping along side other things. He said he does not agree with clomid for about 90% of his patients as he thinks they have issues that clomid cannot help, but he seemed to think it would be ok for me. Got my next FS appointment on Monday, really hoping he gives me the prescription then. He said I could have it 3 months after my lap, and we are 6 weeks past already.
I'm so impatient for this baby bump!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->