Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Cali did you try asking? I havent heard of this but Im really intrested to see what they say :)

I have quit asking my acu questions about the reasons why she does certain things because she really doesn't seem to like to go into detail. Maybe it's for the best because if she started answering all of the questions I have she would not have time to insert any needles, lol.

I had an acu appointment today. She really did not place many needles at all. I got one needle just under my belly button, a couple in my feet, a couple in my lower leg, one in my wrist and my forehead, and that was it.

One weird thing was that after she felt my pulse she asked if I had been having any trouble with my sinuses. I have had no problem with them at all and I am still trying to figure out what the connection is?

I was really in a very sudden terrible mood today. At the beginning of our session, she asked me how I was doing and in a split second I decided to lie and say I was fine. I'm kicking myself because I know I should have said something but I didn't feel like talking and wanted the appoiontment to be over with. After she put the needles in I just felt so sad and started crying. I was so so moody today. It feels like PMS but AF is not due for over a week.

After I was done she massaged my wrists, hands and feet. She has never done that before. I wish I knew more about what is going on. I am a little afraid because I am still on the Jia Wei Xiao Yao San which is supposed to help with anxiety and PMS type symptoms, but I'm still in a PMSy mood days before I'm supposed to feel this. I am really dreading what type of state I will be in when as it gets closer to the time she is supposed to come. Hopefully I will be in a better state to talk with my acu about it at that time!

Hi Ladies... Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their :bfp:..

I was just wondering, i have my first round of Acupuncture this Friday.

What should i expect apart from being prodded with needles?? Where do they get placed??

Hi WeeNat! Welcome!

At my first session, my acu asked me a whole bunch of detailed information about my cycles and health in general. That took about 30-45 minutes. She also looked at my tongue, which she still does at the start of every session.

Different acus have slightly different styles. I usually get needles in my feet and lower leg, wrists, hand, ears and forehead. These needles will change depending on where I'm at in my cycle. At the end of the session, I get a massage at certain areas of my body.

I know you will enjoy it and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!!

Thanks... sounds good!!

I shall keep you posted :O). Im away on Holiday for a week this Saturday so i hope it gets me all relaxed and in the mood.

Good luck to you :dust: x x x

Hey ladies!! Looks like I'm joining you! I'm so excited. I've been following this thread and just waiting for this cycle to start so I can give it a go. I'm likely going in tomorrow for my first consultation, I'm just waiting to hear back from the acupuncturist with the confirmation. It's a community place - I'm really spoiled for choice in Toronto but this place is close by and affordable so it wins. I did a lot of research and there's lots of clinics which specialize specifically in infertility so I was tempted to go with one of those but they're a lot more expensive. If I don't like this guy maybe I'll try one of those...

My DH thinks it's a little nuts. Does anyone else have this problem??? He thinks I'm going to get a disease!! He's good enough that he won't ever stop me from doing something, but he's still not completely on board. Thinks I should get tested periodically for Hepatitis!

Hey pink peony don't worry, they use new needles for everyone and my guy shows me him removing them sealed packets. - blokes are worriers! Lol x

So..... After the opk's telling me I did not even ovulate this month, I have been feeling quesy and nauseous for the last week. Today I am two days late and this afternoon I took a cheapy test and got a very faint line! I have gone to buy more expensive tests which I will try tomorrow morning. Still don't believe it's true, and won't until a heartbeat scan as I cannot raise my hopes to have them let down again.

Anyway the things I did differently this month are....
Acupunture
Herbs to warm and help yang deficiency
Baby aspirin
Folic acid -high dosage
B6 -high dosage
Zita west pregnancy plan multivitamin
Zita west DHA

Keeping everything crossed for a more definite test result in the morning, but for now things are looking good after 19 very long months :0)

Hey ladies!! Looks like I'm joining you! I'm so excited. I've been following this thread and just waiting for this cycle to start so I can give it a go. I'm likely going in tomorrow for my first consultation, I'm just waiting to hear back from the acupuncturist with the confirmation. It's a community place - I'm really spoiled for choice in Toronto but this place is close by and affordable so it wins. I did a lot of research and there's lots of clinics which specialize specifically in infertility so I was tempted to go with one of those but they're a lot more expensive. If I don't like this guy maybe I'll try one of those...

My DH thinks it's a little nuts. Does anyone else have this problem??? He thinks I'm going to get a disease!! He's good enough that he won't ever stop me from doing something, but he's still not completely on board. Thinks I should get tested periodically for Hepatitis!

Welcome PinkPeony!! You're so lucky to have access to community acupuncture! I'm surprised the community place doesn't have someone who specializes in it. If you can afford it, I'd definitely definitely go with the one that is targeted to infertility. From what I've read from others online, the general places can be kind of hit or miss.

My dh also thinks I'm looney for doing this and hates all the supplements I'm taking. He thinks it's the acu and the supplements that's keeping me from getting pregnant. According to him, if I would just "relax" and stop being so "uptight" then it will happen. :dohh:

Exciting news RKW! Keep us updated on tomorrow results!

I got my DH to go with me once to an acu appointment, he walked out of there more skeptical than before he went in LOL. Said he doesn't mind if I keep doing it but that it is not for him. Oh well, hope he has super sperm anyways!

Hey pink peony don't worry, they use new needles for everyone and my guy shows me him removing them sealed packets. - blokes are worriers! Lol x

So..... After the opk's telling me I did not even ovulate this month, I have been feeling quesy and nauseous for the last week. Today I am two days late and this afternoon I took a cheapy test and got a very faint line! I have gone to buy more expensive tests which I will try tomorrow morning. Still don't believe it's true, and won't until a heartbeat scan as I cannot raise my hopes to have them let down again.

Anyway the things I did differently this month are....
Acupunture
Herbs to warm and help yang deficiency
Baby aspirin
Folic acid -high dosage
B6 -high dosage
Zita west pregnancy plan multivitamin
Zita west DHA

Keeping everything crossed for a more definite test result in the morning, but for now things are looking good after 19 very long months :0)

OMG Congratulations!!!!! Our first acupuncture success story in the thread!!!
I'm so happy for you! :) :baby: I used ICs when I was TTC the first time around and they always gave me a much fainter line than the store brands so I'm sure you'll get a darker line when you test tomorrow! Are you going to continue to go to acu during your pregnancy??

I see you took vitamin b6. I've heard so many good things about it. I just started taking a Vitamin B-100 tablet and a high dose of b12 this month. Three days after I took it, my acu noticed a big improvement in my tongue. I hope it gets me a BFP too.

Thank you, very kind message. Will update on whether I get a better line tomorrow. I have no idea how to post a pic up here to even show you guys.

Yes the b6 is good, I took 100mg of b6 and 400yg (which I believe is 0.4mg)

And yes to continuing the acu. We have a horrendous miss arrive rate in my family :0( so I'll be going to continue the blood flow to he uterus (if I am indeed pregnant)

I think part of trying for a long time makes it seem impossiblely strange when it does happen. I have spent so many nights crying over infertility, it seems untrue it could just change in a month. Hard to explain

Thanks again xx

Thank you, very kind message. Will update on whether I get a better line tomorrow. I have no idea how to post a pic up here to even show you guys.

Yes the b6 is good, I took 100mg of b6 and 400yg (which I believe is 0.4mg)

And yes to continuing the acu. We have a horrendous miss arrive rate in my family :0( so I'll be going to continue the blood flow to he uterus (if I am indeed pregnant)

I think part of trying for a long time makes it seem impossiblely strange when it does happen. I have spent so many nights crying over infertility, it seems untrue it could just change in a month. Hard to explain

Thanks again xx

Yeah, it is funny how in a blink of an eye you can go from being in the depths of despair to being on top of the world. I felt the same way when I got my BFP. It took me 8 months to conceive her, which is not really that long in TTC world but felt like a lifetime to me.

Hey, so did your acu give you any hints that he thought you might be pregnant? I've read so many stories about acus predicting pregnancy before testing. Funny you didn't even have to go get that Clomid prescription. I wonder if he said it was okay just because he knew you would probably be pregnant by then! Sorry for all the questions, lol.

Yay!! Congrats RKW! Now I'm REALLY excited to try!! :happydance:

I know what you mean... *when* I get my BFP I think it'll feel surreal for me too. I have never gotten any kind of line on a preg test after over a year trying, it's starting to become hard to imagine. It's awesome how quick it can all change.

Thank you pink :0)

No he didn't really mention anything at all about thinking I could be. I had a vaginal ultrasound during a check up after my laparoscopy on Monday, and my surgeon said that there was a healthy womb lining, but nothing else. I guess he can't see anything else in there yet.

I have ordered the clomid from the pharmacy and will still collect it, if this doesn't work out I'll get on the clomid. Was only £13, so I'll get it anyway even If I just keep it for number 2

I took the three other tests including a digital, as I couldn't wait. All ame back positive. Feeling very pleased, but still incredibly nervous!

Will keep dropping in on here ladies, masses of good luck to you all. Xxx

^^^^I know it must have been a wonderful feeling seeing the word "Pregnant" on the digi. It just makes it feel so real.

I hope you do drop in to see us from time to time or I may have to stalk you over on the pregnancy boards! :)

Hello Ladies! I woke up today with cramps today, not light ones, but not too bad either... I was SO sure that AF was getting me 4 days early, which would suck because my LP would only have been 10 days. However, she has not arrived, and my cramps only lasted about 30-40 minutes. Weird...

How is everyone else this morning?

Ok so just got back from my first appt. He didn't end up doing any acu, he's a naturopath so it was more of a naturopathic/TCM consultation and then I'm going to start going to the community acu next week.

Based on what I told him about my cycles and by looking at my tongue his assessment was that I'm actually pretty well balanced but my Spleen and my blood is deficient. He's given me a bit of a diet to follow and he thinks I should go for acu once a week. He seems pretty optimistic. I'm kind of relieved he didn't give me a pile of supplements to take. He thinks it's more a matter of not eating enough of certain things and it's making me weak so basically my body doesn't feel capable of creating another being. Once I build myself up he thinks I should get pregnant. Anyone have a similar assessment?

Hi :hi: Everyone...

Hope everyone is well. I have my first appointment tomorrow. Thing is, i got a positive OPK and digi today. Will she still do accu on me?

Im excited!! :happydance: x

Pink peony.....what did he suggest you eat more of/less of?

Pink peony.....what did he suggest you eat more of/less of?

You guys are going to laugh.... More fat, less sugar. He literally wrote "bacon" on his perscription pad. :haha: The problems I'm having are basically my periods are getting super short and light (2 days), I have lots of spotting before and after and a lot of pain with af. Also, I'm constanly hungry. I have to eat every couple hours or I get all shaky and lightheaded. It's something I've mentioned to dr's and they brush it off. Anyway - it's worth a shot. I do find I feel less hungry/shaky when I eat fatty things. Funny though eh?

I should add actually most of what he said to eat were things like fatty fish, full fat dairy, nuts, avocados etc. So good fats... and I'm supposed to avoid sweets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->