Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Floating baby- I hate my insurance doesn't cover! It's not too bad of expense. Cost me 75.00 for treatment and for the pills and I decided to take them. Her English wasn't too bad but could be difficult at times for her to understand me! Lol! I kept saying this feels so weird! The cash part he said would have made me laugh! I'm sure it is good acupuncturist! Mine kept telling me ivf and acupuncture goes hand in hand and has Been going on with Chinese for years! I have a feeling you will be prescribed the tea pills too!

Cali- I was relaxed after. My mind was going in 10 different directions yesterday. Now that I know what to expect maybe I'll be more relaxed next week. I'm not sure if she will do electro acupuncture each time. Did yours give you pills? I'm just wondering what kind of side effects to expect. My bottle is in Chinese! Lol!

Angel baby, I have pills to take too--actually two types. They're both Chinese herbs too. My acu gives me different kinds sometimes depending on where I am in my cycle. I used to take tea pills too, but mine where Nuan Gong Wan Zi.

I can just see me pronouncing the names of these pills to my FS! Lolol! What did she tell you those pills do? How often did you take them. 20 pills a day for me! To think I was complaining about the 5 different pills I was taking before. Now there's 25!!! Hahaha! I have become a herbal junkie!

Hopefully you get BFP this cycle! I'm going to the store to get my ginger root and pineapples! Good thing I like pineapples but I have a feeling I'm going to have problems downing the Ginger root!

I had to take 20 of the tea pills a day too. I actually didn't mind them because they were so small. The ones I take now are larger and occasionally I gag because I have to take about 6 or them at a time.

The good thing is that these herbs don't have any side effects--or at least I haven't experienced any.

Wow really! I wasn't expecting to be given a bunch of pills!

so, I have been wondering - do you strip down and wear a robe? :haha:

Floating- I asked mine that too because I didn't know and she kinda laughed at me. I didn't. She just rolled my pants up above my knees and lowered my pants jus above the pubic bone and raised my shirt a little.

I bought my Ginger and heated it up, it wasn't good but wasn't too bad either. I think I'm going to put a little honey in it next time. Kinda spicy

Your going today?

Can't wait to hear about yours!

Cali- I'm glad there is no side effects because I was so worried I would be pooping all day! I know it silly but I drive alot during the day and I don't have time for that!

yes my appointment is in two hours! So sudden because I just called to inquire yesterday.

Wearing a dress...hmm maybe I'll bring shorts?

Hi girls glad your getting your appointments fitted in this week, sounds like you had a fun experience, never hear of electro acupunture?! Generally my guy works on my lower legs hands, forearms and forehead, so loose trousers and top is best. I got pills on my second visit to build up blood and to help kidneys liver and spleen. They did upset my tummy a bit, no running for the loo though, so dont worry. I told the man he said i was a bit sensitive thats all. This is my 3rd cycle since i started he gave my two set of pills 12 a day from day 1-7 these were for circulation and blood restoring and helping the uterous expell effieciently and reduce cramps(not that mine are bad in first place.) The second bunch days 8-14 are pre ovulation pill to warm uterous help circulation and encourage health ovulation. These pills dont upset my stomach. I did make sure there were no animal products in them, but they are all herbs and safe as far as i can tell!
About ginger tea-I love it its to warm your uterous help circulation so all good, honey helps i by tea bags not root dont know why! maybe peeling it would make it less bitter.
Had appointment on tuesday and had first experiece that made me feel like this is working (i may be wrong!) When the needles were going into my arm there was a bolt of electric like static feeling that jumped around the needles in left arm and popped over into my right hand-it was a suprise but cool- the guy said this was the lightening point and he had only caught it twice and i was his second!?! No idea what it means.
Cali hope you just didnt ovulate yet and its tomorrow :) keep bding!

I had my acu appointment today. My acu keeps asking me questions about whether I eat a lot of dairy. From what I can tell, that means that I am having problems with dampness. The center of my tongue has a thick coating, and that is a sign of dampness. I really don't have all the classic signs of dampness and I don't eat a lot of dairy, so I don't know what's causing it. Sinus issues and profuse vaginal discharge are also signs of dampness, but I don't have signs of those either. Now I am getting worried that my body is weird.

Today I only got a few needles in the usual places. This time I did get a couple of new needle positions--right between my boobs and two level with my belly button. I am to take the same herbs I've been taking, so I guess I am still on the right course.

I am starting to think that the people who get quick results are those who have pretty straightforward conditions. It seems I have a blend of different things and it makes it more difficult to treat.

Wow really! I wasn't expecting to be given a bunch of pills!

so, I have been wondering - do you strip down and wear a robe? :haha:

I usually wear a loose/stretchy top and loose/stretchy skirt. Sometimes I wear a top and loose pants. Your acu will need to get to your abdomen and a little above your knee easily.

Hi girls glad your getting your appointments fitted in this week, sounds like you had a fun experience, never hear of electro acupunture?! Generally my guy works on my lower legs hands, forearms and forehead, so loose trousers and top is best. I got pills on my second visit to build up blood and to help kidneys liver and spleen. They did upset my tummy a bit, no running for the loo though, so dont worry. I told the man he said i was a bit sensitive thats all. This is my 3rd cycle since i started he gave my two set of pills 12 a day from day 1-7 these were for circulation and blood restoring and helping the uterous expell effieciently and reduce cramps(not that mine are bad in first place.) The second bunch days 8-14 are pre ovulation pill to warm uterous help circulation and encourage health ovulation. These pills dont upset my stomach. I did make sure there were no animal products in them, but they are all herbs and safe as far as i can tell!
About ginger tea-I love it its to warm your uterous help circulation so all good, honey helps i by tea bags not root dont know why! maybe peeling it would make it less bitter.
Had appointment on tuesday and had first experiece that made me feel like this is working (i may be wrong!) When the needles were going into my arm there was a bolt of electric like static feeling that jumped around the needles in left arm and popped over into my right hand-it was a suprise but cool- the guy said this was the lightening point and he had only caught it twice and i was his second!?! No idea what it means.
Cali hope you just didnt ovulate yet and its tomorrow :) keep bding!

I hope that's what it is, but it really feels like AF is on her way. :(

Hi ladies!! Just came back from my first actual acupuncture appt. It was interesting!! He put in about 6 or 7 needles - a few in my left leg and ankle and in my right wrist and one on the very top of my head. My hands went completely numb. Like totally dead and stiff. My whole body felt very heavy but my mind was alert taking it all in I guess. He said I should work on mentally letting go and relaxing more. He also said the numbness is something that will likely go away after a few sessions. Anyway... I still feel quite relaxed and happy.

That's very cool Merristems about your lightning experience!! I'm so fascinated to hear about everyone's different experiences.

It's ok Cali- I have a blend of symptoms too. I felt like she thought I was a train wreck waiting to happen. I did arrange my diet today. I hope They don't suggest cutting dairy for me.

Merri- I think I'm going to try with honey next time too.

Pink- did yours do elctro therapy? My hands were numb too. Were you also prescribed pills?

Nope Angel Baby, just regular acu. That sounds really cool though. My guy didn't prescribe anything other than dietary changes. His philosophy is more that ppl should be able to correct deficiencies through the food they eat. He me keep a food journal and he looked it over today - said it was good but I could eat even more. Seriously I eat a ton already so I was surprised. I'm happy with his approach - i really didnt want to have to take a million pills and he isn't judgemental about what I eat either. Hasn't told me to restrict anything - in fact told me to eat full fat dairy instead of the low fat stuff. Also, I had some drinks over the weekend too and I asked if that was really bad and he said not to worry about it so much.

I like hearing all your different experiences! :thumbup:

Mine was deffo different than I had expected. He was SO interested in my job and where I live and what my boss (who he kept calling "your owner") was like ($$).
I was wearing a dress and he had me take it entirely off - after telling me "you are very beautiful" (awkward much?:blush:) - and covered me in a towel. The needles were even smaller than I had anticipated (thank eff) and basically painless. He put a number in my belly, a few in a line, then tucked my panties down really low and put two really low, and one to the right of my belly button. One in each of my forearms and one on the top of my head. I felt pain from the one on the left arm and pain in the left side of my belly, even thought there was no needle there!? :shrug:

He went away for about 1/2hr and I just listened to the lullabies and birds chirping near the babbling brook! ha! he massaged my stomach, asked if I have digestion issues because my stomach is firm and tight, I told him I have pretty loose stools every AM, so I thought my digestion was a little too lax rather than tight..? His overall consensus was that I am too cold. Babies need a certain temperature and mine is too low. I have known that as I have a really low BBT, just never knew how to crank the heat. He said I need better circulation and to have hot hip baths (which is what I had been having last cycle!) and use a hot water bottle.

I wanted more info, like "eat this, don't eat that, let me see your tongue" so maybe if I go again he'll be more aggressive...? I don't know - sorry for the journal :wacko: I am boiling some ginger root as I type - I often drink ginger tea with honey, but the root is even better - thanks ladies! So glad I found this thread! :flower:

Floating- maybe he will, it's kinda funny they use the tongue to diagnose! Lol

I just drank my little Ginger root this morning but still no honey, I haven't stopped by to pick some up! :(

Hi ladies!! Just came back from my first actual acupuncture appt. It was interesting!! He put in about 6 or 7 needles - a few in my left leg and ankle and in my right wrist and one on the very top of my head. My hands went completely numb. Like totally dead and stiff. My whole body felt very heavy but my mind was alert taking it all in I guess. He said I should work on mentally letting go and relaxing more. He also said the numbness is something that will likely go away after a few sessions. Anyway... I still feel quite relaxed and happy.

That's very cool Merristems about your lightning experience!! I'm so fascinated to hear about everyone's different experiences.

That must have been a weird feeling with the numbness. I've never experienced that before, but I guess it's good to know that the needles are doing something.

I have problems mentally letting go too. I don't think any amount of acupuncture is going to help with that! I am not as high strung though, and that's probably the best it's going to get with that.

It's ok Cali- I have a blend of symptoms too. I felt like she thought I was a train wreck waiting to happen. I did arrange my diet today. I hope They don't suggest cutting dairy for me.

Merri- I think I'm going to try with honey next time too.

Pink- did yours do elctro therapy? My hands were numb too. Were you also prescribed pills?

The weird thing is that she keeps telling me I need to restrict dairy at every session, but the only dairy I eat is maybe one slice of cheese 3-4 times a week. She also asked me if I was craving sweets. The only things I've been craving are hamburger and bacon--especially bacon, OMG. There's something that's convincing her that I have dampness, but my symptoms are not really matching up. It's really been bugging me. The only thing I can think of is that is causing it is that the house we're in has a problem with mold.

Nope Angel Baby, just regular acu. That sounds really cool though. My guy didn't prescribe anything other than dietary changes. His philosophy is more that ppl should be able to correct deficiencies through the food they eat. He me keep a food journal and he looked it over today - said it was good but I could eat even more. Seriously I eat a ton already so I was surprised. I'm happy with his approach - i really didnt want to have to take a million pills and he isn't judgemental about what I eat either. Hasn't told me to restrict anything - in fact told me to eat full fat dairy instead of the low fat stuff. Also, I had some drinks over the weekend too and I asked if that was really bad and he said not to worry about it so much.

I wish I had the same dietary plan you're on!! I could definitely do that!

I like hearing all your different experiences! :thumbup:

Mine was deffo different than I had expected. He was SO interested in my job and where I live and what my boss (who he kept calling "your owner") was like ($$).
I was wearing a dress and he had me take it entirely off - after telling me "you are very beautiful" (awkward much?:blush:) - and covered me in a towel. The needles were even smaller than I had anticipated (thank eff) and basically painless. He put a number in my belly, a few in a line, then tucked my panties down really low and put two really low, and one to the right of my belly button. One in each of my forearms and one on the top of my head. I felt pain from the one on the left arm and pain in the left side of my belly, even thought there was no needle there!? :shrug:

He went away for about 1/2hr and I just listened to the lullabies and birds chirping near the babbling brook! ha! he massaged my stomach, asked if I have digestion issues because my stomach is firm and tight, I told him I have pretty loose stools every AM, so I thought my digestion was a little too lax rather than tight..? His overall consensus was that I am too cold. Babies need a certain temperature and mine is too low. I have known that as I have a really low BBT, just never knew how to crank the heat. He said I need better circulation and to have hot hip baths (which is what I had been having last cycle!) and use a hot water bottle.

I wanted more info, like "eat this, don't eat that, let me see your tongue" so maybe if I go again he'll be more aggressive...? I don't know - sorry for the journal :wacko: I am boiling some ginger root as I type - I often drink ginger tea with honey, but the root is even better - thanks ladies! So glad I found this thread! :flower:

Awww, that was a nice compliment, but yeah kinda creepy since you had to undress! I guess it's the culture difference. My acu doesn't give a whole lot of info either. I'd really like to know more about what she's doing. I think I learn more about what's going on in this thread than in my sessions.

Yea, It would be creepy to me to when I was naked. Glad mine is a female!

Cali :: The numbness thing was totally weird. I've never had a limb fall so totally asleep like that. At one point I noticed my thumbs were sticking straight out on their own too. I hope it means I'm getting through some blocks or something. I find it extra tough to let go when you walk in right in the middle of a busy day - like I biked over there so I was feeling energetic. I can't just switch off. I'm the same in yoga class. At the end everyone's lying there relaxing and I just want to get back up and get on with things.
BTW I have a coating on my tongue too. It's white. My guy hasn't said anything about dampness though. Just a thought - could you have a food sensitivity? Like wheat or something? Maybe that could cause it?

^^^Whoa that was really freaky! I've never heard of that happening before. I am the same way in yoga. I never can shut off my brain.

My tongue is freaky because there is no coat on the tip and it is peeled in the very back. There is a light white coat in the middle with a small spot of very heavy, white, greasy coat--which signifies dampness.

I think I will ask my acu about wheat sensitivity or other causes of the dampness because it is really starting to bug me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->