Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

AF got me on Monday so I'm CD4 today. :( I think I hate waiting to O even more than the TWW these days. ugh.

Going in for Acu later today. I've been really grumpy since Monday and I'm hoping it'll put me in a more positive frame of mind. I just haven't been able to force it but maybe this will help get me back.

urggh sorry af got you pink why are we having a bfp drought? Hope your mood improves for you mine was aweful with this months af!
AFM just ended so cd7 for me today nothing musch to report except i ovulate on or around my birthday this month so really really hope i get my bean this time :) an perfect 30th birthday pressie :) xxx

Pink- I'm sorry the bitch (oops... The witch came!) that sucks! Hopefully this will be the month for you!

Merri- hope you get your birthday present and early 30th bday!!!

So... Do any of you ladies get really cold during your sessions? I sorta thought it was part of it but I asked my guy and he seemed sorta surprised. He was like - that's not normal...it's really hot in here! So he said we should do moxa. Have any of you done that? I won't lie... It freaks me out a little.

Also he said I have an imbalance in the heart meridian and that connects to the uterus. Hmmm.... Anyway, starting to feel like a hopeless case! Lol!

AF got me on Monday so I'm CD4 today. :( I think I hate waiting to O even more than the TWW these days. ugh.

I HATE waiting to O. Its 100 times worse than TWW, but both are pretty awful. I think this whole period of my life is going to be looked back on as pretty awful.. Even when I O it's pretty awful, because I'm worried we didn't DTD enough and worried that I'm not really O, or we missed it.

So... Do any of you ladies get really cold during your sessions? I sorta thought it was part of it but I asked my guy and he seemed sorta surprised. He was like - that's not normal...it's really hot in here! So he said we should do moxa. Have any of you done that? I won't lie... It freaks me out a little.

Also he said I have an imbalance in the heart meridian and that connects to the uterus. Hmmm.... Anyway, starting to feel like a hopeless case! Lol!

I get moxibustion done every time I get acupuncture. My DR. puts cones of incense on metal spikes in a bottom less container on my stomach under my belly button. I guess it must be pretty close to my skin. They usually come around once or twice and change the cone when it finishes. They clean off all the ash, but it leaves a yellow tint to my skin there that lasts for a few days. The smell is a little strong. I have to take a shower before I go to bed because it smells like I was in a wildfire or something!

As for getting cold... do they have a heat lamp on you?

Looks like we were all recently hit with AF. I'm on CD13 and despite feeling a little off lately, my Dr. assured me that I wasn't going to O any day soon. I guess this might be another long cycle after all. He did however tell me that I am much healthier and responding to the herbs well. He seems to think I'm going to get pg this time. He told me I would be pg within three months, a month and a half ago, so hopefully this cycle is it.

urggh sorry af got you pink why are we having a bfp drought? Hope your mood improves for you mine was aweful with this months af!
AFM just ended so cd7 for me today nothing musch to report except i ovulate on or around my birthday this month so really really hope i get my bean this time :) an perfect 30th birthday pressie :) xxx

A birthday surprise would be grand!!! :dust:

Pink- I get cold during mine and they keep heating lamp on my belly, I think their office is cold anyways but mine told me I have poor circulation. I never had the Moxibusion. How was that for you?

Viet- hope your cycle isn't long, I hate o time too and worried I never BD enough.

I'm 9dpo today hoping for a miracle!

Hey all. I'm doing better after feeling totally down and defeated. Glad to see everyone hanging in there.

Going in for Acu later today. I've been really grumpy since Monday and I'm hoping it'll put me in a more positive frame of mind. I just haven't been able to force it but maybe this will help get me back.

Sorry about AF. I don't get really cold in my sessions. The room is on the cold side, but I don't feel really cold in it. She usually has the heat lamp on me too.

It's definitely normal to feel hopeless. This is my fifth cycle of acu with no BFP, and I definitely have felt hopeless, especially this past week.

I had some time to spend travelling for work over the past few days and it was the first time in a long time I had a chance just to cry and get out my negative emotions. I feel a lot beter know. I'm not sure if I'm any closer to a bfp, but at least I was able to work out a plan for what to do from here on out.

For some women, it just takes time.

I HATE waiting to O. Its 100 times worse than TWW, but both are pretty awful. I think this whole period of my life is going to be looked back on as pretty awful.. Even when I O it's pretty awful, because I'm worried we didn't DTD enough and worried that I'm not really O, or we missed it.

Yeah, I hate TTC. At one point, I thought it would be cool to have a large family, but I know I can't imagine going through that more than I have to.

Merristems, hope you get a good 30th birthday present! :)

I feel you Cali. :) I put so much effort into changing my negative outlook last cycle and now it's all come crashing down on me again. Feels like such an effort to get back to thinking healthy and being healthy.

Veitmamsie - what you said about TTC is so true. I miss my carefree ways before I starting all this. Now it's been a year plus of just waiting and worrying and beating myself up month after month. Hopefully we'll all get our BFP's soon.
Thanks for giving me the low down on the Moxibustion. Doesn't sound so freaky I guess. I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't get a heat lamp but the room is quite warm - I'm really warm when I start! - and he puts a blanket on me. It's weird - it feels like an inner shiver. It's like my insides are cold.

Thanks ladies I hope its a good birthday pressie too! :)
Veitmamsie I know what you mean about waiting to ovulate and waiting to test, it is stressful but also addictive because once you are aware of signs and symptoms of ov you cant just switch off and let body get on with things. I always think I missed egg or we didnt bd enough maybe thats right though, sometimes one or the other of us is too tired or just not in the mood-thats when it really gets to me, because i know there is only a 20% chance of pregnancy every month anyway so if you miss the golden opportunity, well its time for it to start all over again mehh!
Cali crying is good most deffinately. I have been having a cry alot more lately! I helps clear your head. im not usually one to sob but i feel like i need this release.
I never got moxa sounds interesting though. I usually get a blanket which i dont enjoy because of the extra weight on needles! I havent actually been for acu in a few weeks, I cant afford it anymore because my job is up in the air. But i still have herbs which i prefer anyway!

Turn your face to the sun and all the shadows fall behind you xxxxxxxxxxxx

I had my 4th app today cd3, this week he did my lower back, very low and he said this is also good for fertility and wanted to give me a break from the tummy ones as last weeks was full on. I had some quite strong twinges in my ovaries last week.

I said I thought at the time maybe that meant I was preggers and he said he wouldn't have expected it, not ready to have sustained preg yet. Today my pulses were really good, said im almost there and just need to keep it at this point. Then asked if my OH had been checked yet as problem could be with him and if it is it doesn't matter how much we do with me. Said my energy is on the low end and I'll have to be careful with that. No surprise as I am recovering from CFS.

I feel really deflated and I'm not that sure why, he didn't say anything that wasn't untrue. Just can't help but think he knows something?

My doc has asked us to have tests, me the day 21 one and boyfriend semen analysis so we will do that when back off hols in a couple of weeks.

I don't know, just feel a bit fed up.

sorry your feeling fed up. My acu can be sort of strange sometime, like he knows something that I don't. It can be sort of confusing. Not even to get into the language barrier we have.

I think I'm going to skip acu this week. I think I may have Oed yesterday, making today (CD19) 1DPO. I Just can't really bring myself to go lay on a table this week. I've had really had headaches the last few days and over all feel pretty crappy. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Hows everyone else doing?

Welcome MissLissa!!

That is the one thing I don't like about my acu too--the fact that I feel like she's not telling me everything she knows. Mine is a native English speaker so there's no language barrier.

I would even like to know if she doesn't think it's likely for me to get pregnant at this time. Info like that would really help me to chill out, but instead I spend time googling and trying to get info from other people's experiences.

Welcome MissLissa!!

That is the one thing I don't like about my acu too--the fact that I feel like she's not telling me everything she knows. Mine is a native English speaker so there's no language barrier.

I would even like to know if she doesn't think it's likely for me to get pregnant at this time. Info like that would really help me to chill out, but instead I spend time googling and trying to get info from other people's experiences.

Right? That would make you so much less stressed.

It's so crazy how much they seem to know about us, just by our skin, pulse and tongue. I feel like mine can see EVERYTHING. I think he knows about my secret glass of wine on weekends and the occasional advil I take to treat my chronic head aches.

It's also so interesting to me that all of us seem to "Have something wrong with us" or so says our acupuncturists. Does everyone have these same imbalances? Or just us earthy gals that go to acupuncturists? How does everyone else get pregnant?

Even though my Husband has seen my acu several time for back pain, he still refers to him as "The Quack." it reminds me to take everything he says with a grain of salt, it's not the end all be all, and doctors aren't always right!

sorry to jump this thread, but wondering where you all are and if anyone can recommend an accupuncturist in East London?

thanks x

Sorry Not in London either.

So I went to acu after all today. My dr. told me that I am very imbalanced today due to the headaches I have been having. I guess I didn't O as I thought I had (temp dropped back down) and he didn't seem sure that I would any time soon. I will see him again in 4 days for treatment. I'm feeling frustrated, but glad dr. and I were able to talk for a while and I could let out my feelings a bit (Yes, I cried) and he was really honest with me (told me he thinks I'm totally healthy and able to have a baby, but this cycle my headaches are throwing off my balance, and that I might worry too much and stress might be related to the headache/not able to have a baby.)

Moral of the story: I need to chill out.

sorry to jump this thread, but wondering where you all are and if anyone can recommend an accupuncturist in East London?

thanks x

I'm not in London either, but I know there are women in your area on this board who go to acupuncture. Maybe you could start a new thread where they could see it?

Sorry Not in London either.

So I went to acu after all today. My dr. told me that I am very imbalanced today due to the headaches I have been having. I guess I didn't O as I thought I had (temp dropped back down) and he didn't seem sure that I would any time soon. I will see him again in 4 days for treatment. I'm feeling frustrated, but glad dr. and I were able to talk for a while and I could let out my feelings a bit (Yes, I cried) and he was really honest with me (told me he thinks I'm totally healthy and able to have a baby, but this cycle my headaches are throwing off my balance, and that I might worry too much and stress might be related to the headache/not able to have a baby.)

Moral of the story: I need to chill out.

:hugs: Sorry that you're feeling down, but it must feel good to have your acu tell you that you are healthy and able to have a baby. That is the main thing you should focus on.

I've had many sessions where I felt frustrated and wanted to cry. On those days the acu really helped with smoothing out my emotions and helping me to feel better.

Also it's probably good that you cried. TTC is so hard and sometimes you just have to get that frustration out.

I'm still working on the chilling out part too, but I think that comes with time. I'm still anxious at times, but no where near where I was when I first started. I've finally gotten to the point where I can wait until AF is late to test, so for me that is a big accomplishment. I do think the acu has been a big part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->