Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Hey ladies! I've missed 2 weeks of acu. The first week I was out of town due to my FIL being Ill and was a good excuse, when I returned I was so busy at work and had a Thyroid appointment. Now I'm thinking I'm just being silly going and waisting money so I don't think I'm going back. I do feel a bit deflated and I'm 16dpo and I'm sure AF will be here today. My test are BFN. My thyroid doc gave me a little hope but I think TTC is really a lost cause for me unless I do IVF and that's not possible right now. I have 3 teenagers and I am thankful for them but just wanted to give my husband a child and his family a grandchild. My children want another sibling too but I have ruined my tubes 14 years ago when I had them tied. I think I'm one of those tubal reversal gals that just spent alot of money to reverse for nothing. Anyways, I will be on my 16th cycle and I'm tired. I hope all of you get bfp soon!

Hey ladies! I've missed 2 weeks of acu. The first week I was out of town due to my FIL being Ill and was a good excuse, when I returned I was so busy at work and had a Thyroid appointment. Now I'm thinking I'm just being silly going and waisting money so I don't think I'm going back. I do feel a bit deflated and I'm 16dpo and I'm sure AF will be here today. My test are BFN. My thyroid doc gave me a little hope but I think TTC is really a lost cause for me unless I do IVF and that's not possible right now. I have 3 teenagers and I am thankful for them but just wanted to give my husband a child and his family a grandchild. My children want another sibling too but I have ruined my tubes 14 years ago when I had them tied. I think I'm one of those tubal reversal gals that just spent alot of money to reverse for nothing. Anyways, I will be on my 16th cycle and I'm tired. I hope all of you get bfp soon!

Angel baby, so sorry about the bfn. :( But it's good you seem to be at peace with your decision to stop trying. Is your hubby at peace too? I know your kids will be just fine with it.

Oh wow! I posted this but it said it didn't take! Then I seen a email of your response and I guess it did take because it's posted twice! Lol! I think my husband has accepted this before me. All he knows is have sex and never really cared the in and outs to trying and left that part to me. I might still have a hsg in October to see if my 1 tube is still open but that's only to give me peace of mind. I just can't be hopeful every cycle to get bfn, it's too heart breaking to know what I've done for 16 cycles and sacrificing so much and not having a positive result. I'm just fed up.

That is great that you both are on board with you not trying. I definitely wouldn't want to go through this TTC hell either if I knew I would be happy with my family as it is. Sometimes I wish I could make myself be ok with just one, and then I wouldn't have to torture myself month after month.

The only thing that really upsets me, is knowing my FIL is dying and wants to see his son have a baby or even know of passing their last name down the line. He has another brother but he is gay and that's just not going to happen. My MIL is divorced from my FIL and wants her own grandchild that she can't stand it. My husband was her only hope and now he is married to someone who can't give that to him. He wants one but he told me he is completely happy with my children and doesn't have to have one of his own. I believe him but there is this guilty part on me that has difficult time letting that go. It devastates me monthly. Now that his Dad is end stages it's just heart breaking.

I sorry for the BFN, and glad you are (somewhat) at peace with stopping trying. TTC is very hard, esp if there are complications. It would be really hard to continue putting your self through it month after month when your heart isn't 100% in it. It sounds like you may have been doing this more for other people than your self? Maybe it's for the best you stop now before it gets even harder and more expensive (w/ IVF)

:hugs:

I sorry for the BFN, and glad you are (somewhat) at peace with stopping trying. TTC is very hard, esp if there are complications. It would be really hard to continue putting your self through it month after month when your heart isn't 100% in it. It sounds like you may have been doing this more for other people than your self? Maybe it's for the best you stop now before it gets even harder and more expensive (w/ IVF)

:hugs:

Yesterdays rant I must not have been very clear- I would love another child because I love raising my children. I thought that was self explanatory but the urgency of me wanting it sooner than later is the overwhelming part and really is ultimately Gods decision. I really think and honestly feel I have put my heart 100% into this and that is why I am stopping because that 100% is what hurts. I don't think anyone would go as far as I already have done with testing, fertility treatments, acupuncture etc... If their heart wasn't in it. Ivf is not a option right now but we will be trying this. I'm already On a waiting list with my fertility clinic for this.

On another note- I'm happy to say after 3 months of very light periods that last 2 days, and everything I did this month AF has finally came and not light at all so maybe my body is getting back to normal after the fertility treatments. I guess the mixture of acupuncture, royal jelly, aspirin was of help.

Hey Angel Baby. Sounds like a complicated, emotional time for you. Maybe you don't have to devide anything one way or the other just yet, but taking a little step back from things might help bring it all into focus. Good luck hun, we're always here to chat if you need a rant. :hugs:

AFM.... Looks like I'm o-ing a little earlier than usual. Had a +Opk today so promptly dtd. Feels like good timing so FX. Anyone else O earlier?
My acu pointed out that my needles were all pulsing while I was getting treatment on Fri. She said that's good bc it means my blood is flowing. I'm thinking it could be bc I biked there but who knows lol. She did the moxa (although for the first time I wasn't actually cold). The way they do it at my place is just by hovering a stick of burning wormwood over the acu point so it warms it. It was a pleasant feeling. Where are you guys at in ur cycles?

Hey ladies, I havent been to acu this month having time off but I just wanted to say that it deffinately has helped my cycles after mmc. I ovulate earlier now, since coming off pill back in october last year i was ovulating cd17 now its cd13/14. Im getting pms again which i didnt get while on pill (I guess thats good!), my periods are deffinately more productive! My pill stopped them completely so getting them back was weird but they were light before mmc. Now 4 months after mmc and starting acu i think they are 'normal', well I hope so anyway!
Its exciting and interesting to read about other peoples experiences. xx

I'm at CD2, and I think I may have regressed this cycle. I have had a few small clots in my blood and a lot more mucus. Also, the bleeding isn't as heavy as last month. I have an appointment today so I wonder what she is going to say.

AFM.... Looks like I'm o-ing a little earlier than usual. Had a +Opk today so promptly dtd. Feels like good timing so FX. Anyone else O earlier?
My acu pointed out that my needles were all pulsing while I was getting treatment on Fri. She said that's good bc it means my blood is flowing. I'm thinking it could be bc I biked there but who knows lol. She did the moxa (although for the first time I wasn't actually cold). The way they do it at my place is just by hovering a stick of burning wormwood over the acu point so it warms it. It was a pleasant feeling. Where are you guys at in ur cycles?

That definitely sounds like great timing!! My acu doesn't do the warming needles, but I bet that feels sooooo good.

Hey ladies, I havent been to acu this month having time off but I just wanted to say that it deffinately has helped my cycles after mmc. I ovulate earlier now, since coming off pill back in october last year i was ovulating cd17 now its cd13/14. Im getting pms again which i didnt get while on pill (I guess thats good!), my periods are deffinately more productive! My pill stopped them completely so getting them back was weird but they were light before mmc. Now 4 months after mmc and starting acu i think they are 'normal', well I hope so anyway!
Its exciting and interesting to read about other peoples experiences. xx

Sounds like you have made a lot of progress!

I wanted to start by saying I'm sorry to Angel Baby - I guess I totally misread your posts and I'm sorry if I upset you. :hugs: and I hope the best for you and your family.

AFM - I'm sick once again. My husband is coming to the conclusion that I started getting sick (5 times in one month - 3 week cold, one fever, one flu, one food reaction and a 3 day migraine) might be linked to the herbs I'm taking. I'm generally very healthy, but since I started taking them, all this has happened. I don't know what to think. I have had a fever of 100-103 for the past few days, feeling better today, but still can't eat. I don't think I'll go to acu this week. We'll see if I'm feeling better next week.

I am trying to find another acu. My acu now is competent, but her lack of communication is driving me batty. It's like pulling teeth to get any kind of information out of her. I've been going to her over four months now, and I have no idea if I've improved, regressed, or stayed the same from her original diagnosis. I tell her everything I'm doing, and I get absolutely no feedback. Like, yesterday, I told her I had started back taking a little ACV daily to help with the absorption of all the new supplements I'm taking. I told her I had added wheatgrass, royal jelly, B, B-12, coq100 and her response was...nothing, but just to tell me that the wheatgrass tablets I'm taking are much less expensive than those in the stores.

Then she asks me if I had seen a FS yet, and I said I had one scheduled. And then she says nothing about how that will affect my treatment, why she mentions it, etc.

I knew acu was not going to be a quick fix, but these days, I come out of my acu sessions feeling worse about myself and my chances than when I came in. I'm sure my acu must have ideas about my treatment and her strategies, but I have no idea what they are. I really need someone with a better "bedside manner"

Hello ladies !

I have been MIA for a Ive been so busy but havent stopped my acupunture.

well Im glad to report I have gotten my first :bfp:

:hugs: Thank you so much for everything, all of your kind words of encouragement and friendship!!

I am def going to keep on with my sessions

Congratulations Moorebetter!! I had been wondering how you were doing and am so glad you have good news!! :happydance:

It's so funny that you got your BFP as soon as you "gave up". I'm sure the acu had something to do with it, but I guess this is definitely a situation where "letting go" gets you that BFP!

I really needed to hear a success story right now because frankly I'm almost to the point of giving up myself.

Yes!!! So good to see another bfp on this thread!!! Congratulations!!
Let's keep em coming ladies! :dust: :dust: :dust:

I am trying to find another acu. My acu now is competent, but her lack of communication is driving me batty. It's like pulling teeth to get any kind of information out of her. I've been going to her over four months now, and I have no idea if I've improved, regressed, or stayed the same from her original diagnosis. I tell her everything I'm doing, and I get absolutely no feedback. Like, yesterday, I told her I had started back taking a little ACV daily to help with the absorption of all the new supplements I'm taking. I told her I had added wheatgrass, royal jelly, B, B-12, coq100 and her response was...nothing, but just to tell me that the wheatgrass tablets I'm taking are much less expensive than those in the stores.

Then she asks me if I had seen a FS yet, and I said I had one scheduled. And then she says nothing about how that will affect my treatment, why she mentions it, etc.

I knew acu was not going to be a quick fix, but these days, I come out of my acu sessions feeling worse about myself and my chances than when I came in. I'm sure my acu must have ideas about my treatment and her strategies, but I have no idea what they are. I really need someone with a better "bedside manner"

That sounds like a good idea Cali. You shouldn't feel bad leaving acu. I'm sure you can find someone more personable especially if you mention the reasons why you left your last one. It's hard not to feel like it's just a bunch of BS when you don't get any feedback.

I actually find a big correlation to how I'm physically feeling as well as my mood to the comments I receive from my guy. When I'm feeling good he's mentioned my tongue is improved, the times when I'm feeling all bummed out and low energy he's noticed other definciencies. So it's kind of helpful in that you can calibrate what you're doing.

That sounds like a good idea Cali. You shouldn't feel bad leaving acu. I'm sure you can find someone more personable especially if you mention the reasons why you left your last one. It's hard not to feel like it's just a bunch of BS when you don't get any feedback.

I actually find a big correlation to how I'm physically feeling as well as my mood to the comments I receive from my guy. When I'm feeling good he's mentioned my tongue is improved, the times when I'm feeling all bummed out and low energy he's noticed other definciencies. So it's kind of helpful in that you can calibrate what you're doing.

What your acu told you is really interesting. I just checked my tongue and the white coating has returned. I wonder if it is related to how depressed I've been about TTC.

What your acu told you is really interesting. I just checked my tongue and the white coating has returned. I wonder if it is related to how depressed I've been about TTC.

Honestly - I totally notice this all the time. My tongue was so white at the start of this cycle and I was in a terrible mood for days, felt like all I wanted to do was sleep... and it also seems to be better or worse depending on where I'm at in my cycle. The only time my tongue looks ok is when I'm ovulating. I feel like I'm tuning into my body on this crazy level.

Honestly - I totally notice this all the time. My tongue was so white at the start of this cycle and I was in a terrible mood for days, felt like all I wanted to do was sleep... and it also seems to be better or worse depending on where I'm at in my cycle. The only time my tongue looks ok is when I'm ovulating. I feel like I'm tuning into my body on this crazy level.

Weird. Mine seems to come and go randomly and I still can't figure out what causes it. I am going to keep trying to find some sort of link because I know there must be some explanation for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->