Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Pink, Just had a look at your chart, your temp is still really high, that's a good sign! Your chart is looking good so far!

Eep!! I know! Triphasic I think... Yesterday's BFN sent me into such a tailspin I'm holding off for now. IF temp is up tomo, and IF af doesn't show her face I'll try again. I'm having sort brown CM so I'm not sure.

V how did you get on? I know what you mean though - I've seen so many BFN's at this point I can't even imagine a second line appearing. I'd have a hard time with it too. But girl, a line is a line! Let us know how it goes.

Oh wow, Congratulations Vietmamsie!!!! What wonderful news! I know you must be on pins and needles waiting to test again.

PinkPeony, yes your chart looks fantastic! It looks like a dramatic change from your other charts so something must be going on. Good luck!

I have another acu appointment on Monday and I can't wait. I feel so silly now for having wasted so much time with my first acu. I know I always felt unsettled going to her, and I didn't feel like it was my place to say she didn't know what she was doing since I didn't know much about acu. But now after my experience with my new acu, I really have to say she was inexperienced.

I am 1 dpo today and already feeling moody. It's going to be a hard 2ww for me. Usually I don't start feeling this way until about 7 dpo.

Hi! That line has darkened day by day and I'm pretty sure it's officially a BFP!!! I'm so excited! Not sure about the hubs, when I told him this morning, he looked like he was going to throw up!! He'll need some time to get used to the idea of having a baby around here, hopefully 8 more months is enough!

This cycle was different, it was the first cycle that I drank my Chinese herbs EVERY DAY TWICE A DAY and went to acupuncture every week without fail for both acupuncture and fire cupping before I ovulated.

I'm planning on go to acupuncture this week and test my acupuncturist... see if he can tell! I plan to continue acupuncture treatment, it really helps me to keep calm and slow down a bit.

Anyways, I'll continue to check in with you ladies, thank you so much for the support!!

vietmamsie, looks like the herbs and consistent acu schedule did the trick. I'll be interested too to see if your acu can tell the difference. I'd probably be too excited to keep it a secret though!

That's awesome V! Let us know how you get on. I'm interested to hear how they change the treatment once you get a BFP. I'm not sure if I would continue to go or not.

AFM - Still currently in limbo but pretty sure AF is on her way. Major temp drop this morning and another BFN on a FRER. Woke up feeling like my boobs have deflated overnight. I guess the acu has really worked for me in terms of lengthening my LP and reducing the spotting. I'm not really spotting at all at this point. :shrug: I'm going to be disappointed when she shows but I've actually kind of made peace with it at this point because I actually feel like I'm having a really healthy cycle now.
I'm going in for an appointment at the FS later today for an ultrasound. It's part of the standard tests that they run and it's just to see if everything is anatomically correct in there. I'm thinking it might be a bit of a bust though if af is here full force. When I made the appointment I thought she'd be over by now!! lol! :dohh:

PinkPeony, sorry about the temp drop, but it is encouraging that your LP lengthened and your temps were higher!

My session today went very well and was very interesting. I had the "nutritional analysis" that she told me about the last time. It totally wasn't what I was expecting and was very interesting! I was thinking that she would draw some blood or urine and send it off for lab results. Instead, the analysis was a very detailed physical exam. I laid on the table and held my arm up in the air. She pressed against my arm and I was supposed to match her force to keep my arm steady. At the same time, she would apply pressure to certain parts of my body to see how they were functioning. When she encountered parts of my body that were weak, she noted how it was hard for me to hold my arm steady. She was able to find scarring, piercings, and dental surgery on my body the same way.

At first I had no idea what was going on, but as I got into it, I saw what was happening. She started with my uterus and ovaries. She found that my uterus was very strong, but that my ovaries were not as strong and were only functioning about 50-60% as well as they should. After she determined my ovaries were the problem, she felt around my body to determine what was going on. She found major weakness in my lower back, as well as numerous marks on my legs over the years. She also detected some sort of hidden factor as well that she felt she would be able to identify in upcoming weeks.

Another part of the analysis was a questionnaire. She said that she was going to analyze the results of the physical part with my written answers to the questionnaire and give me my results at my next session, which is scheduled for Thursday. :)

After that we did acupuncture. I got several needles in my scalp four up and down my shnis. Two in my thumbs, and two in my middle finger. I got one or two on my breastbone and two in my feet a few inches below the web between my big toe and second toe. These were two she didn't do the last time and ones that my old acu would often use. No needles in my abdomen at all. She also hooked me up to the electrodes this time! It is definitely a cool feeling!

After the needles were out, she massaged my lower arms and legs. She found a little tenderness in my lower arms, and a LOT in my lower leg. It was pretty painful. My old acu used to find tender spots in my leg on ocassion, but my new one really dug into it. I have NO idea what this is about.

Can't wait until Thursday. I feel like progress is being made in identifying the problem at least.

Hi! So I went to my acu and didn't tell him I was pregnant, seeing if he could tell. He checked my wrist and tongue and we were talking and he started asking me about my cycle and where we were (I hadn't been for 3 full weeks) and I said I hadn't gotten my period, he checked my wrist again and said, "are you pregnant?" After I told him the news he said that it was not so obvious in my pulse, probably because it is so early. He also said that i have a very low energy and he is concerned about it. He said not to worry, but just be careful, I need to stay warm, and take it easy, get lots of rest and no more long motorbike rides - which means no more acupuncture. (I should explain that one - I like in Vietnam, so I take motorbike taxis everywhere. I will continue to ride on my husbands bike, but I will be trying to take cabs whenever possible. Since acu is about 40 minutes away, I won't be going to much because its too dangerous) We said our good byes after he treated me for my cold/allergies/stuffy nose (which is already better, one hour later!) And told him I'll be back if things don't work out with this pregnancy or when I'm 41 weeks and need acu to speed things up!

I feel like it is a all a bit more real now, and feel like it is time to stop the testing and temping, and start enjoying this ride. I'm already about 4 weeks 5 days along, and so excited. I will be heading to a western doctor in 2 weeks to check the heart beat and confirm this whole thing.

Congratulations and hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!

Congratulations Vietmamsie! Such fantastic news, shame about the motobike rides stopping and the acu! Very excited for you I wish you all the best in your pregnancy xx

Hi ladies! Have read half the posts tonight and plan to read the rest tomorro as I'm in bed. I'm goIn to try definately as there are so many positive stories

Hi. Miscarried yesterday morning. I don't know if I'm going to be going back to acupuncture. certainly not any time soon as we're NTNP for a cycle before we can start again. We're devastated, I can't imagine how women manage to make it through when they miscarry later in pregnancy - I was only 5 weeks. I'll keep you guys updated.

Hi. Miscarried yesterday morning. I don't know if I'm going to be going back to acupuncture. certainly not any time soon as we're NTNP for a cycle before we can start again. We're devastated, I can't imagine how women manage to make it through when they miscarry later in pregnancy - I was only 5 weeks. I'll keep you guys updated.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, take care.

Life can be really awful sometimes.

I'm so sorry Vietmamsie. :( That's just so horrible.... Seems just unbelievably cruel. Take time and let yourself grieve. Message me if you need to talk. :hugs: :hugs:

So sorry vietmamsie I really feel so sad for you after things being so upbeat last week. Take it easy and look after yourself. Love and best wishes xx

Hi ladies.

I've been meaning to give a bit of an update but haven't been at my computer while not working in a few days.

So... I have this weird hunch that the last cycle i was preg but that it didn't fully implant. It's just a gut feeling as well as a lot of signs (my chart) and the late period. Well, I went into acu on Friday and without any prompting my guy said he feels like that's what happened. He admitted that he DID think I was preg last time he saw me. I was like - yeah I could tell! He was surprised that I saw through him. He said he didn't want to come right out and say anything bc it was still so early. (thank goodness he didn't - I'm too much of a mental case). He thinks I have a "cold womb" so he's given me some tips about keeping warm. Anyways this has happened a couple times before since I started TTC but this time was the most obvious one to me. I feel like I am pretty sure I know why I'm not getting preg now. Pretty sure it's an issue with my lining and that the egg just can't implant. My acu was very positive about it to me and said that of all the problems that it could be it's an easier thing to correct.... oh and he said that speaking intuitively - he thinks I won't get preg this cycle, but it'll be in a few more and that he sees it happen "as the first snows begin to fall". [-o<

I almost feel like taking a break this cycle. I just can't get back into this, I'm so sick of it all right now. But I'm doing this monitored cycle at the fertility clinic so they're going to tell me exactly when to DTD I guess. I'm like - why bother?... Supposed to have more tests on Tuesday... more bloodwork and a sonohysterogram.

Anyway it was an emotional week last week. On top of all that I also came out of the closet to my family about my fertility issues. They're all being supportive but my mom does my head in a bit. called me the other day to tell me she bought a book. :wacko:

Cali - your acu appointment sounded really amazing. I would love to have such an in depth analysis done. That would be therapeutic in it's own way. Can't wait to hear more about her diagnosis.

Vietmamsie - Thinking of you hun. take care of yourself. :hugs:

Welcome Jaynie82!

Pink: It must be nice knowing what might be the problem. Your making progress! This is good. I Hope your acu is right, winter is just around the corner! I few more cycles and you'll be there!

AFM, I'm holding in here. I'm thinking this is probably the second miscarriage (One on cycle 3 as well). This time it's tough because 1) I knew i was pregnant, 9 days of positive tests 2) I sought medical treatment and am taking meds to push out the rest of the placenta. It's a painful process. Taking today off to rest and recoup and will hopefully be ready to face life tomorrow.

PinkPeony, so sorry about the miscarriage, but it must be encouraging to know that your acu thinks that it will happen again for you soon. Plus you'll be getting the added assurance of having been to the FS.

Still thinking of you Vietmamsie! :hugs:

Hi ladies.

He thinks I have a "cold womb" so he's given me some tips about keeping warm.

Welcome Jaynie82!

Hi mate,

Just wanted to say this is what my acu says I have too, what has yours suggested you need to do. Mine said, keep warm, esp round my middle and my feel, eat warm foods that are easy to digest, get plenty of rest. Mine upsets me sometimes as he has said things like "I'm not ready" and "you won't sustain a pregnancy yet" which may be honest but it's very hard to hear.

So just wanted to say hi and if you want to share tips let me know xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->