Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Vietmamsie, I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to take those herbs anymore. Did your acu have an explanation for how sick it made you? Anyway, good luck this month and hope you get your sticky bean!

Pink, I would be so disappointed if my labs came back all normal. I think I would even ask them to run further tests because I know it can be tricky.

vietmamsie and pink, thank you very much! wow $20 a session sounds like a dream. vietmamsie I am sorry about your terrible experience with herbs if they are connected to your miscarries this is just awful. I think I will stay away from them during TWW. It does look like you might have ovulated

Cali - Re:my labs. I thought I would be disappointed too, but I actually felt really relieved. I actually think if they ran them a few months ago it would have been a different story. Things are so much more normal with my cycle now I honestly believe that acupuncture as balanced me out.

So was at the FS yesterday for our "review". Looks like we're going to go ahead and do an IUI... this cycle!! I was surprised bc I expected her to want to wait and see how the lifestyle changes go with my DH but honestly it sounds like she doesn't put much stock in the vitamins and such. She seemed to think that the way his numbers are we have a pretty good shot at it. I'm not getting excited at all about it bc I know the odds are still not that great but I'm realizing now we have an extremely low chance if we keep just trying on our own.

I was at acu today and told him about it. He seemed to think it was the best course of action for us as well and he said I should come in the day before and the day of or after for treatments and that he'll really kick it up a notch to give some extra support.

Had a really lovely treatment today with moxa. He said I look really healthy and my tongue looks much better. I feel pretty good these days physically, but I would say that my moods have been pretty down again over the past week and I've been fighting with DH a lot. My acu didn't pick up on any of that as far as I know but I do feel much more calm and clear-headed after treatment. Every week it's like a reset.

Not sure if the acupuncture helped, how do you ever know but I got my bfp this morning!

Will defo continue with it as I've heard it can be very good in the first 12 weeks.

Misslissa: Wahoooo! So excited for you! happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Pink: You must be getting excited! It's all happening o quickly for you! I really think it's the best course of action for your case as well, and hopefully since you are so balanced and centered these days the first time will be your sticky bean! Where are you in your cycle? How soon are you getting it done?

Thanks V. I'm trying not to get too excited bc I'm so scared of disappointment, but it is cool how it's happening so soon. After having to wait months and months just for the original FS appointment everything's moving so fast now! I like it!

I'm CD7 today and I'm doing unmedicated so they're going to start monitoring me starting CD11 - I gotta go in super early each morning to do u/s & bloods until I surge. I'm glad she said I don't need medication.

Cali - Re:my labs. I thought I would be disappointed too, but I actually felt really relieved. I actually think if they ran them a few months ago it would have been a different story. Things are so much more normal with my cycle now I honestly believe that acupuncture as balanced me out.

So was at the FS yesterday for our "review". Looks like we're going to go ahead and do an IUI... this cycle!! I was surprised bc I expected her to want to wait and see how the lifestyle changes go with my DH but honestly it sounds like she doesn't put much stock in the vitamins and such. She seemed to think that the way his numbers are we have a pretty good shot at it. I'm not getting excited at all about it bc I know the odds are still not that great but I'm realizing now we have an extremely low chance if we keep just trying on our own.

I was at acu today and told him about it. He seemed to think it was the best course of action for us as well and he said I should come in the day before and the day of or after for treatments and that he'll really kick it up a notch to give some extra support.

Had a really lovely treatment today with moxa. He said I look really healthy and my tongue looks much better. I feel pretty good these days physically, but I would say that my moods have been pretty down again over the past week and I've been fighting with DH a lot. My acu didn't pick up on any of that as far as I know but I do feel much more calm and clear-headed after treatment. Every week it's like a reset.

Did you get the thyroid antibody test too? I'm so excited for you and your IUI! Your FS wasted no time with that!

Not sure if the acupuncture helped, how do you ever know but I got my bfp this morning!

Will defo continue with it as I've heard it can be very good in the first 12 weeks.

Congratulations misslissa!! :happydance: I guess that spotting was IB afterall. I think it's great you're going to continue acu. I would do the same thing.

Haven't had the antibody test - that's the one I would be curious about. But I think the symptoms that I was noticing have diminished a lot. I worked with a woman years ago who had hyperthyroid and we were exactly the same. Having to eat all the time but not gaining weight and always feeling run down and anxious, then when my cycles started going wacky so I started to think maybe my thyroid is the culprit. If it starts to be a problem again I might insist on having it checked out. My only abnormal reading was the prolactin was a bit high. FS wasn't concerned and said it could have been stress but she's going to check it again when I go in next week. Incidentally high prolactin can mess with menstruation so maybe that has been my problem. :shrug:

If you're ever concerned about it again I'd push to get the antibody test. The way it was explained to me you can have TSH levels that are completely fine but if you have elevated antibodies then that means that your thyroid is under attack and in the process of failure, which is what causes the symptoms. It might take several years before the TSH levels start to fall which is why many endos believe treatment should start as soon as there are antibodies.

It's interesting because we both had similar symptoms. My symptoms reduced after acu, but I still have the short light periods, fatigue from time to time, and my tongue is still a mess. I guess in time these will resolve but I'm hoping I'm hyper so I can get some medication that will resolve this faster.

Well today was an acu day for me, and boy was it a weird one! I told Dr. Liu that I had been feeling tired for the past three days and that in past weeks I'd have off days here and there. At first she said it could be something like the weather, but of course she did the muscle/nutrition testing and found that my thyroid still hadn't responded to the supplements. She asked how I was sleeping, and I told her I have no problem falling asleep or staying asleep but that it really doesn't feel like a deep sleep. It's like I'm unconscious, but my body is still going. Like last night, dh said I was talking in my sleep.

So then we went on to the needles and it was all the usual ones with one new one. This time I got a needle near the knuckle of my ring finger in both hands and I didn't get any needles in my ring finger or middle finger this time.
I stayed on the table for 30 minutes and then she came and got them out.

And this is when it got weird. She came in quickly and said somethng about putting needles in my ears and of course I said O.K. What she did next felt like she was piercing my upper ears and it really hurt, but I thought it was some extension of the acu. Then she puts a whole bunch of cotton balls in my ears and tells me to relax for a few minutes and then I can go.

I got up and went to the front desk. I asked her assistant what had happened, and she explained something about getting blood out of the ears because a lot of the points for the whole body are in the ears and it was necessary to help with the healing of the whole body. She took out the cotton balls and my ears were bleeding where Dr. Liu had stuck me in my ears.

She said Dr. Liu gave me two new supplements to help heal my body. One of them was an herbal remedy that will help me sleep better at night. I looked at the ingredients and noticed it had iodine in it, which I understand is a controversial supplement for people with hyperthyroid.

Honestly, I'm still a little freaked out. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just hold off on the nutrition part of the treatment and wait until I get the results back from the FS.

If anything, this appointment is a signal that something must be wrong with me and if it's not my thyroid then I need to keep on digging.

Cali: Hmmm, I don't know much about supplements and hyperthyroid, but I do know about the blood letting she did on your year. Have no feel, it's very common! My husband gets it done in his back for his chronic back pain (which he doesn't have anymore since doing acu!) and I have seen a lot of other get it when I'm there. I have never seen it done in the ear though, ouch! Obviously she sees something going on, but if you feel uncomfortable with the supplements, don't take them. Wait to hear back from your FS before you do. Good luck!

AFM, Yeah, so I might be pregnant. I'm 4 days from testing and have a lot of symptoms I had last time around. I'm holding off on the long journey to acu until I find out whats what. I'm 99% sure I O'ed, so there really is no reason to go as I know either a BFP or AF is on the way in a matter of days.

Wow V!! How do you feel about that? Are you ready?... I have heard you can be more fertile after Mc. Your chart is interesting - very symmetrical. When do you think you o'd?

Cali - i don't know about the bleeding... Sounds a bit odd... But I agree you should avoid iodine. The thyroid is such a complicated thing and it seems like it's easy to throw off. Best just to wait for your test results. I am in a camp of not really buying into the suppliments thing anyway, I think it's the acupunture that really gets your body to balance out.

Pink: Interesting you can be more fertile after a MC. I was sort of feeling a lot of symptoms, but then today they all seem to have gone away. However, that's what happened last cycle, I had tons of symptoms, then none for a few days, then I got my BFP. We shall see. for now just really sore bbs.

I don't know how I feel. I guess it's good I'm not super excited or anything incase it's nothing and I just get AF.

Crazy chart, right? I have been getting made fun of on some other threads for my symmetrical chart! I think I Oed on CD24. I actually didn't temp that day, but if I put in a temp in FF, I get cross hairs on that day. Distinct rise on CD25, so it makes sense. Plus on that day I had some CRAZY CM.

Ladies can anyone recommend a good fertility acupuncturist in London?

Emma Cannon!

Thank you! have you been there? what's your impression?

I actually read her book "the baby making bible" but to be honest I cant say that I was impressed with the book. it was a while ago may be I need to look at it again...

Vietmamsie, thanks so much for your reassurance. I had no idea what was going on there and hadn't had a chance to google it. I don't think a lot of acus do it here in the States. I hope you get a bfp and it's a sticky bean! I guess it is true that a woman can be much more fertile after a mc. The fact it happened so quickly is probably a good sign too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pink, I probably should hold off on the supplements. Only thing is that I've been feeling sooo tired these days I'm almost willing to try anything to get some relief.

Just had my u/s and blood this morning - I'm surging already!! So early again! I guess I o on CD12 now? lol! :shrug:
So tomorrow is the big IUI day. Wish me luck! I sure as hell need it!!!!!!

Pink: Wahooo! you must be so excited. I have a really good feeling about it. You're so healthy since acu, all you need are those little swimmers placed near an egg and you'll be good to go! I'll be thinking for you all day!

AFM, FF gave me cross-hairs, i really think their wrong, but either way, we actually BD at the right time for both possible O dates. I tested this morning (I knew it would be negative) and it was BFN. I'll test again in Monday.

Pink--Good luck with your IUI!!! How exciting!

Vietmamsie--I still have my fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->