Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

well done, maca tastes even worse than wheatgrass, I usually add it to my hubby's food (while he is not looking) cos it's supposed to be good for spermies.

Goji berries apparently can boost your sex drive and "prevent structural damage and cell death to testicular cells". Certainly something to consider for my hubby.

My Dh does not believe in Chinese medicine or any medicine... it is so hard to even make him take his vitamins but our main problem is his beer. he finds it so hard to cut down on beer. Sometimes I feel that everything I do is just pointless until he quits his beer

Ahhhhh yes the booze! I do sympathise....fortunately my dh has cut back on beer, for vanity reasons rather than TTc reasons though! Having said that his wine intake in well up! I'm thinking of taking baby aspirin from ovulation this month...I like to mix it up a bit!!

Hi ladies just popped in to see how you're getting along here.
Pink its a shame you dont feel anything this time, I really thought this was the one, but there is still time :) also interesting that your acu felt this wasn't the one how do they know I wonder? Chi I guess.
V sorry the witch got you this cycle, I hope youre feeling ok, i think the herbs are very usful in acu. Mine deffinately helped me feel stronger leading up to Ov.
Cali hang in there girl! Soon your waiting will be over I just hope it solves your problems I think that whatever the results you have made some great progress.

:hi: Blithe&Briss Seems like we all have men who aren't that health concious, or not as much as we would like! I have been on at my dh to lay off the coffee for ages, he has about 4 cups a day, which isn't alot compared to some but I think its tooo much. I really dont think I'd have much luck getting vits into him as he has a hang up about them! Personally I take Food state optimum vits which work out well for me if not a bit pricey-that reminds me i need to order more! Good luck this cycle xx

It took a lot of convincing before my DH considered taking vitamins but still every time (which is every day) it is a struggle. I have to remember what he needs to take and when and approach him in the right moment. Why does it have to be so hard... some of the supplements he would never ever take voluntarily so to avoid any conflict I just mix it up in his food whenever I can :) a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

I bought some Goji berries and made smoothy, taste delicious! unfortunately my DH was not tempted, will have to find another way to get them into his system.

I was thinking of going here https://www.thetrustedbeautyguide.co.uk/#/step-in/4534147379 for reflexology.

I heard that beer is worse than wine as it messes up with testosterone. Coffee is also our problem, I managed to almost eliminate any caffeine from my diet but hubby still drinks lots of coffee.

Briss I love that you mix it into his food! That cracked me up! Maybe its a route i should try, he might think im trying to poison him though!! Don't know about reflexology so couldn't comment, but I will try anything once as they say!

Hi ladies just popped in to see how you're getting along here.
Pink its a shame you dont feel anything this time, I really thought this was the one, but there is still time :) also interesting that your acu felt this wasn't the one how do they know I wonder? Chi I guess.

I know. Weird isn't it? I actually get the impression he's basing it partly on reading something in my physiology but that it's more of an intuition thing... almost like a psychic thing. It also could be total BS and it's just something that he knows will keep my spirits up.

----

So on another note I had a spot of blood this morning. I'm 7diui today... now don't get too jazzed up about implantation you guys. lol! Up until I started acu I would start spotting around this time all the time. I ran out of B12 the other day so maybe it has something to do with that??... Last couple months I haven't started spotting till 13-14 dpo sooooo maybe could be a good sign. :shrug: I guess I shouldn't count myself out yet. I'm partly just trying to avoid the massive disappointment that I go through every month.

Cali - I'm keen to hear how your thyroid turns out. Def sounds like hyperthyroid symptoms to me. Seems like more than simple anxiety symptoms. Hope you get some answers! :thumbup:

Pink, I hope AF is staying away!!!

AFM: I had a HSG this morning. My left tube was open, but the right was blocked. The radiologist thought it could be a spasm. It was a little uncomfortable when they were putting in the dye. I felt so much pressure that I couldn't breathe! I go back to the FS on Thursday and it is going to be a tough wait!

AFM: I had a HSG this morning. My left tube was open, but the right was blocked. The radiologist thought it could be a spasm. It was a little uncomfortable when they were putting in the dye. I felt so much pressure that I couldn't breathe! I go back to the FS on Thursday and it is going to be a tough wait!

Nothing yet, but I have a few days before she should show. I had more spotting this morning. I'm a little disappointed that I'm spotting again randomly, the past couple months I only had a bit right before AF. I wish I knew why that happens!!

I had a Sonohysterogram which I believe is basically the same as an HSG but they use a saline solution to shoot up there instead of dye. I found it very painful too. They also weren't sure at first if my right tube was blocked but they did an analysis afterward and it turned out to be fine. She said it just looks that way sometimes because the fluid will flow down the path of least resistance so sometimes it just looks like one is blocked but it's not. For me it took a second try before the left one sort of popped free and started flowing. Looking forward to hearing about your appointment Cali! Good luck!!

Nothing yet, but I have a few days before she should show. I had more spotting this morning. I'm a little disappointed that I'm spotting again randomly, the past couple months I only had a bit right before AF. I wish I knew why that happens!!

I had a Sonohysterogram which I believe is basically the same as an HSG but they use a saline solution to shoot up there instead of dye. I found it very painful too. They also weren't sure at first if my right tube was blocked but they did an analysis afterward and it turned out to be fine. She said it just looks that way sometimes because the fluid will flow down the path of least resistance so sometimes it just looks like one is blocked but it's not. For me it took a second try before the left one sort of popped free and started flowing. Looking forward to hearing about your appointment Cali! Good luck!!

That spotting must be so frustrating! It is so tough not knowing what is going on. Hopefully your acu is wrong and you will have a sticky bean this month and not even have to wait until next month!

Thanks for the info on your sonohysterogram. That does calm my nerves quite a bit. I guess either way I know that my tubes are not the reason why I haven't gotten pregnant this past year. All of this "waiting and seeing" is about to drive me completely batty.

Hi! Just popping in to see whats happening... Pink, I'm waiting to hear some good news from you! Spotting is a good sign, but as you said before, spotting used to be normal for you.

AFM, no acu this week a my mom is visiting. We took a trip this past weekend and leave again tomorrow for another little holiday. It's nice to get away and take my mind off ttc! I just realized that tomorrow is already CD10, so it's time to start getting busy BDing! I'm hoping that this cycle is shorter... I'm already having some O signs, watery CM, light cramps, etc. Hoping that means I'll O soon! We'll us this weekend to catch up on our BDing!

Pink: I just saw the BFN in your signature. I'm so sorry. Are you going to try again this cycle? TTC can be so frustrating. :hugs:

Aw thanks V. Very frustrating indeed. It turns out DH has to be away on business next cycle while I'll be o-ing so looks like this one will be a break. Had a bit of a breakdown while telling my acupuncturist about it and the BFN the other day. I feel so embarrassed. I'm frustrated but part of me feels a little relieved to have a break. Getting into doing IUI is pretty intense emotionally so maybe some down time in btwn isn't such a bad thing.

Aw thanks V. Very frustrating indeed. It turns out DH has to be away on business next cycle while I'll be o-ing so looks like this one will be a break. Had a bit of a breakdown while telling my acupuncturist about it and the BFN the other day. I feel so embarrassed. I'm frustrated but part of me feels a little relieved to have a break. Getting into doing IUI is pretty intense emotionally so maybe some down time in btwn isn't such a bad thing.

Don't worry, I have had many a breakdown during this process, several with my acupuncturist as well as with my husband, mom and a few friends. I've been through a lot in my life, but TTC has to be one of the hardest, it just seems to keep going on forever and is constantly disappointing. I feel like I could write a novel about this journey and how hard it as been, and I'm still not pg! :hugs:

I feel the exact same way V... I feel like a crazy person sometimes - what kind of a nut keeps repeating the same cycle over and over again to keep failing and being disappointed every time? It's such a horrible way to go through life.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with meltdowns. I felt so bad - like this poor guy doesn't need this chick crying in his office. But I just could not get it together.

Now that I've gotten over the fact that we're sitting this one out I'm just enjoying the feeling of relief. I'm just going to keep really busy this month. I'm putting my thermometre away and I'm just going to take care of myself and chill.

Oh pink sorry about bfn, me too if that helps any! I totally think we need to allow ourselves these breakdowns it's healthy to realease the stress and tension after the excitement and build up of the ttc and tww. I did a melt down last month this cycle not so bad because i wasnt feeling it this time. Im sad for you but i agree a month off is a good idea i keep threatening my uterus with a break!!

Pink, so sorry about the BFN. :hugs::hugs::hugs: TTC is hard and I would be questioning your humanity if you *didn't* breakdown. I know I have. I've been through a lot in my life but infertility has been the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Hang in there and keep trying!

So I have a bit of an update... A twist of fate led to DH's work trip to be cancelled. So we're back on for the IUI this month and it's happening tomorrow! I went in this morning to see where I'm at and apparently I'm surging and I have a good follicle on the right side although my liningbis a bit on the thin side. I'm kinda worried that it's going to be a bit sluggish again this month bc I'm not having pains yet and I did an opk a little while ago and it was very faint still... but FS said she'd give me an hcg shot in the morning a couple hours before as added insurance. Seems a bit odd but I trust her I guess. I'm also going to run over to acu now and hope he can get it to happen. Crazy thing is that he basically told me I wasnt having good blood flow to my uterus when I saw him on Friday. Amazing that he was able to tell that!

Anyways...
Cross all your fingers and toes for me ladies!!

Pink: I have a good feeling, everything is alining perfectly. I hope this is it for you! As for the blood flow, my FS has had me on baby aspirin for the last month to help with blood flow.

AFM, this thread has become a bit quiet, partly because I haven't been to acu for a few weeks. I was on holiday then when I got back I just didn't want to make the trip out there. I spent the first 16 days of the cycle on the Chinese herbs again. I finished off the supply I had and didn't have any crazy side effects which is good. Apparently I O'ed a few days ago, so currently in the tww. I'm not really positive or negative about this cycle, so we'll see. I know if this isn't the cycle, then next one I will be better about acu and maybe get back on the herbs again. One good thing about this cycle has been how early I Oed, it looks like it was on CD18-19 so that means something I've been doing has been working.

Pink, what great news!!! I think the trigger shot may be what does it for you this cycle. I'm supposed to start with Clomid/w trigger next cycle, and from what I've read it's very effective! It is going to be an exciting 2ww for you. It's so neat how things work out.

Vietmamsie, good luck! So glad you're seeing results for the herbs. I've taken so much stuff, a lot of which I noticed zero changes from, so I know it's reassuring to see positive changes.

AFM: I've still been going to acu, but everything's been pretty routine. I'm gearing up for fertility drugs next cycle, so I haven't really been as focused on acu. I've decided to go back to my old acu because she is a lot more affordable. Dr. Liu was fantastic, but I have not been this broke in a long, long time, lol. Now that I have more information on my condition I feel more comfortable with going to my old acu. I won't feel as lost anymore about what is going on and I'll be able to save more $$$ for the fertility drugs.

Hi ladies. Did the IUI today. I feel so much better about this one. It all went much smoother and I wasn't nearly as stressed. Really hoping my temp goes up tomorrow morning. I thought I could feel the egg pop this morning but in general I'm not having too many O signs. DH's count was much better but his motility was quite low but after washing we ended up with a much better sample than last time. This time after wash we have 17.5 mill with 63% motility. So cross fingers and toes for me girls!!

Cali - i think it's cool that you're going back to your old acu. It certainly does get expensive when you have to go every week! I'm only paying $40/session for mine but my wallet still feels it after shelling it out every week. Plus I remember early on you did notice positive changes in your cycle while you were with her. I have a feeling the clomid might just do the trick for you too.

V - glad to hear you're feeling so well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->