Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Merri - I think acu can be great for you while pg. It can help with morning sickness, headache, aches and pains in general, plus once at the end if you are over due or just ready to get things started, acu can help you go into labor. I think it would be totally worth it to keep your acu in the loop and stop by for a session periodically.

Ladies, do you know if needles can go in your belly (right below the belly button) while pregnant? My acu practitioner does this always after O and I am thinking whether she can be needling potentially a newly formed fetus. I might be talking nonsense but it just feels that way

Briss, I know there are certain points where they need to be very careful about stimulating because it can potentially stimulate a miscarriage. Some acus just take the safe approach and don't put any needles at all in the abdomen for a woman who might be pregnant, while others just don't stimulate those points as aggressively.

I should probably discuss it with her next time. I have a feeling that she does not really believe I can be pregnant so she does the same points as before O

I know Pink you did totally call it this month!! Crazy huh?!! How you feeling now are you going to try again this cycle?? xx

Contemplating popping into acu for a session now I am preggers, what do you think?

Yup back on the ol' horse again this month. Going in tomorrow for monitoring. I have a feeling I'll be IUI'ing this Sunday.
I would def go in for acu once preg. I see a lot of ladies in various stages of preggerness in my acu's office.

I went to acu a couple days ago. Broke the news that my IUI didn't work again. He was very sympathetic which I really appreciated. He gave me a super charged treatment - so many needles I felt like I couldn't move, including 4 in my abdomen which he's never done before, plus moxa. I felt like I was stoned after lol! Hopefully it works. Also mentioned to him about my lining being thin last time. He wasn't surprised from the look of my tongue and he could tell I haven't been eating as well lately so he said to basically stuff myself with protein and fats as much as I can for the next few days.... Can do! :thumbup:

Pink, good luck with your IUI on Sunday! Your last acu session sounded pretty intense! I wish my acu would put me on a diet of protein and fat!

My acu said last time that up to ovulation I should be eating liver and loads of steak, or offal! Mostly for their iron content i think- i went for the steak but couldnt face liver or offal!!
good luck for sunday pink I hope that the crazy needle session speeds you on your way to bfp :)
Briss how you getting on your chart looks good? ;)

Just as I started getting my hopes up, my temp started its inevitable descend, this morning woke up with lots of cramps, I can just feel AF is on her way, might not even get to test on Sunday.

Ah crap Briss sorry to hear that but it could be just a dip before it goes on up :)

I am trying to stay positive at least until AF is here officially and even not going to drink alcohol at tonight's corporate Christmas party. But I am getting morally prepared for the next cycle. I've been reading Chinese horoscope for next year and apparently my sign (dragon) has very good chances to welcome a new birth! https://www.fengshuimall.com/feng-shui-forecast-2013#fengshuidragon I have done some math and to give birth by the end of the year of the snake (by 30 Jan 2014) I need to get pregnant by end of April, so I have 4-5 attempts and can still be a first time mother at 37, not a bad age. positive thinking and inner peace…

Briss - :hugs: Sorry to see AF got you. Your chart was like my last one - the temp just kept falling for days and I was like - I get it! Just come already AF! At least I knew to expect it. Still sucks tho.

Merri - That's funny that your acu told you to load up on that stuff too! I couldn't bring myself to eat offal either no matter what! Yech!

AFM - IUI went ahead as planned. DH's numbers were quite low again and we ended up with 3.3 mill/92% motility after the wash.
I started to ask my FS about the next steps. I tend to ask very detailed questions bc I just like to know everything. Anyway she sort of gently snapped at me - like stop thinking so negatively, you don't want to have to go down the next path so don't get too hung up about it yet. OK.... so I know she's really right, but I just can't seem to get in a positive head space anymore. :nope:

Oh yeah! and I had to give myself the Ovidrel shot this time because of how our timing worked out! I was a little freaked......... but it was totally fine. So yeah there's one more thing I've done that I would have never believed you if you told me that a year ago.

Pink: I know how you feel about all the negative thoughts. It's hard to get very excited when this road has been so tough for us. But look on the bright side... it looks like we can be tww buddies! I'm pretty sure I Oed on the 17th.

My "Break" has been a bit freeing. I have really tried not to obsess over ttc this month. I only give myself a few minutes in the morning to look over and add to my chart, then a quick check on BnB to a few threads that I really like. I'm not sure how things will progress now that I'm pretty sure I'm in the tww, but I'm going to try my best not to SS until at least 10dpo. I figure in most pregnancies nothing even happens before then, so try not to analyze things that are most likely in my head.

We got away for a long weekend which was AWESOME. I got some much needed fresh air, beach and sun. I feel revived.

Bris, so sorry about AF. Your horoscope sounds very encouraging. Stay positive!

Pink, Good luck this cycle!! I was so scared about injecting myself too. I stared at the needle for about 15 minutes before I got up the nerve. I was so surprised when I didn't feel the needle go in at all!

I'm glad you FS wants you to think positively--although I don't think asking questions about the next steps is being negative. It's just being realistic so we can know what we might need to expect.

Like all of us, I can really relate to the negative feelings. It's unavoidable when you try and try and try and nothing good happens. I just take things day by day and try not to be consumed by negativity.

Vietmamsie, it sounds like you're really enjoying your break! Maybe you will be one of those many women who get a bfp when they weren't actually trying.

hi ladies :)
Although its hard to be positive all the time it is possible to still think 'maybe....' that how i looked a things on our'break' and that worked out well! I'm quite excited about the year of the water snake too Briss it does sound promising.
I hope the trigger works for you pink, like cali said hopefully you wont feel a thing. xxx

Pink, well done on giving yourself the Ovidrel shot! I actually find that when you do not put too much hope and concentrate on the next steps instead you have more chances of succeeding, although in TWW you can do visualisation of implantation to help the process and planning for the next cycle would help to relief the stress of waiting. My last month chart was just ridiculous, it's like the universe is laughing at me how much lower it can get

Vietmamsie, good luck with TWW, I heard of people conceiving while on holidays so here is hoping

afm, stuffing my DH with supplements ready for some BD next week and hoping his numbers have gone up so we can have a chance. I told him the best Christmas present for me would be if he gets himself to acu/herbs for a few months but he did not look enthused

Thanks for the encouragement Merri! Yeah, I guess we all need to keep some hope alive.

Oh Pink, I just checked in here to see how your doing and saw your signature. I'm so sorry. Maybe taking a step back and a break for a month will do you well.

It sure did for us. While I was still temping to know where i was in my cycle, I didn't obsess about ttc, freak out about missing BD, or symptom spot this cycle. It was really freeing and made my life so much less stressful. I tested for the first time at 10dpo and got a faint but clear second line. It's turned into a nice bfp. I'm nervous and excited! I'm planning on going to the doctor once I cross the 5 week mark (that's when I miscarried in the past) and hope to get an early scan!

Hope everyone had a happy New Years!

V congratulations I just saw your spoiler Very exciting that your break did the trick :) Well done XXX

Pink Sorry to see your sig. I know how dissappointing that must have been I hope your break helps you to relax and decide what to do now X :hugs:

Congrats Vietmamsie!!! What wonderful news for the New Year.

Pink, hope you are hanging in there until your next appointment. There are so many other things you can try so don't lose hope.

2012 was bad enough and then it ends with Kim K being pregnant. 2013 can't possibly be any worse!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->