Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Hi ladies. I have been following all your stories for a while as I started acu in September. It was recommended by a friend who has gone through several treatments of IVF. Initially i was scared it would hurt and scared what she would tell me and i was going each week. After a few sessions i started to enjoy the feeling of the needles and the sensations and I actually looked forward to it. The only thing i can compare it too was getting 'my fix'. I know this sounds strange but it felt like a pressure release!
Quite quickly i found that i was sleeping better at night. My acu is linked to Zita West and she lent me the cd so i could add onto my phone (this i didn't feel useful and only used it a few times in total).
I also noticed my periods getting slightly heavier as they had always been really light. A good thing i think. My acu does not use herbs but instead encouraged me to drink lemon and hot water in the morning to clear my system and sip water through the day. Again i felt better in myself just by doing this.
So...... 10 months after starting our journey and 4 months after acu each week and i got my bfp. I have a session after work tonight so excited to tell her but i am nervous and praying that everything goes as planned and the little bean sticks. It is such early days.
My view is that acu has helped me get there but i know that it is different for everyone. I am shocked though at some of the situations that all of you have been subjected too. Its completely unprofessional for comments to be made for hopes to be raised unnecessarily. Its an incredibly stressful time and i feel its also hugely irresponsible for herbs to be suggested. These things are not cheap!

I am hoping to continue with the acu once a month but i will be continuing to continue this thread.
Love and baby dust to all xx

Congratulations Jaynie!! Here's to a happy and healthy nine months!

Jaynie, congratulations and H&H 9 month!! Can I ask you what points your doc was needling? I am particularly interested to know if you had different points needled before and after ovulation and also whether you had any needles on your tummy (points representing uterus and ovaries)?

I have heard that Zita West's clinic is supposed to be good but they are just too expensive at 110 pounds per session https://www.zitawest.com/fertility/fees/

Briss, tried to do this last night but i was on my phone and it was playing up!

So my acu charges £40 a session which my DH thinks is expensive but i'm in the other boat and think its totally worth it. The way i see it is i'm not going out on big nights now. Last night i was so relaxed and fell asleep as soon as she put the needles in.
So in a typical session i would have a needle: -
- in the front of my foot
- under my ankle bone in the inside of my foot
- half way up my calf in the inside
- above each ovary
- below my belly button
- one in my breast bone
- at my wrist
This didn't seem to change very much depending on were i was in my cycle. She also did 2 sessions lying on my front but i didn't like it that much.

Last night it was alot less needles and she was treating nausea. I only had the ankle and wrist points and 2 in my chest. Last night was the best sleep since i found out and i actually woke up with some energy although the quesiness is still there.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions please ask me xxxx

Congrats Jaynie!

I had my 8 week ultrasound yesterday and the baby never grew past 6 weeks 5 days. No heart beat and they said the fetus never grew properly. Having it out on Saturday. Crushed is an understatement. It's my birthday today and all my gifts were pregnancy or baby related (mostly books)... the collection of baby things continues to grow in the back of my closet.

V... My heart just dropped to my stomach. I'm so so sorry. I wish I could actually hug you right now. I have no words... but if you ever want to chat or get anything off your chest I am here.

Vietmamsie.....I'm so so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you x

Vietmamsie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. The timing could not be worse… you know what they say, it's always darkest just before the dawn, although this seems like the lowest darkest point on your difficult journey but once you mourned your loss and got through this, there will be something wonderful waiting for you

Jaynie, thank so much for your response. this is very helpful! I am kind of relieved to hear that you also get ovary points needled, these are my main concern cos they are very painful and particularly my right ovary becomes very sensitive for days after the appointment. I find it very difficult to relax during acu cos my ovary points are usually hurting but I relax when I get cupping afterwards and a bit of massage. I see that you continue with acu after you got your BFP, do I get it right that you do not get any needles in your tummy anymore cos you are pregnant?

afm, still thinking whether I should stop acu for a while, I have 2 more weeks. My AF is due any moment now and depending on when it comes and the length of my cycle I guess I will make a decision. If I get another short cycle I am likely to stop going to my current doc and will try to find another practitioner

Viet I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs::hugs::hugs: I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I hope that you are able to find what is causing this and that you get your forever baby soon. :hugs:

Thanks girls, this is probably the lowest point I've ever hit. I just feel like this is never going to happen for us. And I just want it so bad. It's killing me. They said I will have to wait a few months before we try again. I'm thinking of taking some time off work and doing something... going on a yoga retreat or making that trip to India I've been wanting to do. This is just too much for me to bare right now and I need to get away. We go to Thailand on Sunday, but I'm not sure two weeks is enough for me. I just don't think I can do the whole ttc thing for very much longer. it's been the hardest year of my life.

:hugs::hugs: I think it will definitely be good for you to take some time off for a while. I can think of nothing more traumatic than having to go through a miscarriage. Grieving is hard work, so take as much time as you think you need. Although it doesn't feel like it right now, slowly you'll be able to deal with the pain and go on with your life.

You don't have to think right now about when you want to start trying again. You will know in your heart when it is time.

Take care. :hugs:

V - I think the yoga retreat idea is really great. That's something I fantasize about doing all the time and I bet there's some fabulous places in your part of the world. Either way make sure you go easy on yourself. :hugs:

Yeah, my hubs and I actually talked about taking 6 months off next year if this whole baby thing doesn't work out by then. Last night I mentioned that idea and we both got pretty excited. It would be a good opportunity for us just to relax and move to a new place, not worry about work, do yoga, do art, write etc. I'm thinking northern India. It's really cheap there so we could do it easily, but we'll see.

Yesterday I spent the whole day in the hospital, and today I am still in pain/bleeding a lot. I have a flight to Bangkok tonight, so hoping that goes smoothly. I'm just rest the first two days, been there before so no need to rush out and do everything.

Oh v im so so sorry i really hope that taking time out to heal helps you, also you need to protect yourself right now and this may help do just that. I completely understand that this year has been the hardest in your life its bond to have been but there will be better times ahead. Have they ofered testing of any type to see if there is a reason for mc? I wish you all the healing energy you need Lots of love stay positive xxxx

Pink! I was just checking on here to see how you are doing. I remembered that you would be starting your IVF journey. Looks like it was a success!!!! So happy for you! Stick bean stick!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Yeah pink congrats! Very happy for you xx

My little girl arrived 22nd august shes so cute! Hope youre all well xxx

Aw thank you guys! So good to hear from you!
Congrats Merristems! She's beautiful!!
Vietmamsie - Looks like things are going great with your pregnancy!

Merri: She looks so sweet! Congrats!

Pink: Thank you! This is the furthest I have ever gotten, and we have had good news the whole way so far. Hoping with all our might that this is it of us and we can finally move past all these miscarriages and have our take home baby. Hoping the best for you as well! You deserve it more than anything.

You do too V! After everything you've been through, I'm so happy everything is progressing perfectly. Hopefully you can just relax and enjoy the rest.

Cali! Just got on here to check everyones ticker and saw your BFP!!! So exciting! It looks like we might all finally be finished with TTC! I am so excited for you! Grow little bean, Grow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->