Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Moorebetter let us know how the session post iui goes, fingers crossed the magics happening for you right now!
Danielle, massive good luck for you wedding! Only 3 days! We get married 6 months today, so excited :) xxx

hey girls!!! Im doing okay, I had my 21 day bloods today, Im hoping that they come back awesome!

Im having a feel slight cramps and waterly cm yesterday wish me luck girls!!

Sending a big boat full of luck across the Atlantic for you! Xx

hey girls!!! Im doing okay, I had my 21 day bloods today, Im hoping that they come back awesome!

Im having a feel slight cramps and waterly cm yesterday wish me luck girls!!

Good luck! I'm having mild cramps too. Hope that means good things!!

Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread!

I'm 37, and have been going to acupuncture weekly for the past seven weeks to help me conceive child #2. Dd#1 took me 8 months to conceive, and this one seems to be taking even longer. I had been trying various remedies to help because I knew something was not quite right with me even though I am pretty regular with a good LP and no pain. Specifically, my periods had gotten very scanty, not even lasting a day with very light flow that didn't even fill a pad. My periods had also gotten scanty with dd#1. My OB/GYN brushed off my concerns, but I knew something was wrong. I tried various things, and immediately after starting baby aspirin and ACV, I was able to conceive.

But this time around, I'm finding the things I tried the first time around have not been working. I started trying in November 2011.

I have been very pleased with acupuncture and I no longer feel like a chicken with its head cut off trying every natural remedy that I hear about. My acu stated that I was suffereing from qi deficiency, which has led to a yin deficiency, and is starting to effect my yang. I also need to build my blood. After the first month, I found that my periods had increased to a little over two days with decent flow, which is almost normal for me. (I never had a long period to begin with as they usually only last a little over 3 days, tops).

What she told me makes all the sense in the world, because I've read that childbirth can take a lot out of you, as does dieting and exercise. After I had dd, I dieted and worked out like a maniac to fit back into my work clothes before my leave was over. I think that led to the numerous deficiencies I'm suffering from and why the things that worked for me the first time didn't work this time.

Anyway, I am so happy I found you ladies! I have been desperate to find someone to talk to about acupuncture!

CaliDreaming wow!!! thats awesome!! Im so glad you were able to go and find something that the doctors brushed off!!! how often are you going?

I went last night for my 3rd session. It was awesome! Im 7dpo :) so the count down is on.

Welcome calidreaming!
Glad acu has been working for you so far. Are you taking any herbal formulas? I started out with women's treasure free flow during af and up to o, then was switched to planting seeds at about 5/6 dpo. Not sure how many acupuncturists use these same brands of formulas??

Moorebetter, good luck to you! Already half way through the tww! I'm about 9 dpo today as well. Next acu appointment is next Wednesday, can't wait :)

Aw ladies I hope the 2ww is being kind to you! It's such a hopefull time!

My follow up appointment was today, we looked at my blood and he thinks my feeling Warner is a great sign. I feel really positive that these horrid herbs and needles are doing good!

Cali dreaming, it seems we are on similar courses of therapy. I am also trying to build yang, and sounds like I'm on the same herbs to five more blood. I am on cd6 but notices a much bigger flow when AF arrived.

Good luck all! Xxx

Aw sorry dam iPhone is auto correcting everything! X

CaliDreaming wow!!! thats awesome!! Im so glad you were able to go and find something that the doctors brushed off!!! how often are you going?

I went last night for my 3rd session. It was awesome! Im 7dpo :) so the count down is on.

I go once a week. I love it so much, I wish I could go everyday! Good luck on your 2ww! Maybe you'll be one of those one month wonders who get their BFP right away.

Welcome calidreaming!
Glad acu has been working for you so far. Are you taking any herbal formulas? I started out with women's treasure free flow during af and up to o, then was switched to planting seeds at about 5/6 dpo. Not sure how many acupuncturists use these same brands of formulas??

Moorebetter, good luck to you! Already half way through the tww! I'm about 9 dpo today as well. Next acu appointment is next Wednesday, can't wait :)

Good luck to you! So I guess next time you go you might have some good news to report! I had been hopeful, but right after my session I felt some mild aching/cramps that felt like AF may be coming a little early. I took a test and it was a BFN, so I really think I'm out for this cycle.

I haven't heard of those brands. Do they have a chinese name on them anywhere on the bottle?

The first month my acu started me off on Zuo Gui Wan, which is for Qi deficiency and Kidney Yin Deficiency. I was told to take those up to ovulation, and then I was to switch to Jia Wei Xiao Yao San which is for Blood deficiency, Spleen Qi Deficiency, and Liver Qi Stagnation. Both the Zuo Gui Wan and Jia Wei Xiao Wan San also clear excess heat.

This month I again took the Zuo Gui Wan up to ovulation, but instead of the Jia Wei Xiao Yao San, she had me take these little black teapills called Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan, which are for Blood deficiency and qi stagnation The Nuan tablets also are supposed to be for "cold uterus", which kind of confused me because my LP is adequate and the previous month I had been treated for excess heat. Finally, when I told my acu that I had been stressed out at work, she gave me something for anxiety--Zizyphus 18. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it has worked wonders. It is specifically for women with deficiency syndromes.

I asked her if I needed to switch back to the Zuo Gui Wan when my cycle starts and she said just to not take anything at that point. So I'm wondering if that means that I've made progress and don't need the herbs anymore.

I am thankful that I am taking my herbs in pill form and not in a tea! I understand it is not as potent this way, but my acu has me taking a little more than the recommended dose to make up for it I guess.

My follow up appointment was today, we looked at my blood and he thinks my feeling Warner is a great sign. I feel really positive that these horrid herbs and needles are doing good!

Cali dreaming, it seems we are on similar courses of therapy. I am also trying to build yang, and sounds like I'm on the same herbs to five more blood. I am on cd6 but notices a much bigger flow when AF arrived.

Good luck all! Xxx

Cool! Maybe we'll both end up with BFPs at the same time. Although I'm really afraid it may take me an extended period of time when I look at my tongue. It's red at the back, pale on in the mid portion with a little bit of a thick white coat in the center, red at the tip, and teeth marks on the sides. It's improved some, but I can see how it could take forever to get a perfect pink uniform tongue.

Does your acu ever stick any needles in the top of your shins or top of your feet? She put some in those places when I went yesterday and this is the first time she's ever done that. I checked in Randine Lewis' book, and it seems those points are for dampness, which I really don't have any symptoms of.

The one I'm on now is for toning and warming kidney yang, nourish blood, to tonify and raise qi (got that off the bottle :p I'm not too well versed in tcm terms). The brand name is women's treasure and, as you probably figure, is in pill form.

Ingredients:
Tu Si Zi Semen Cuscutae
Xu Duan Radix Dipsaci
Ba Ji Tian Radix Morindae Officinalis
Du Zhong Cortex Eucommiae Ulmoidis
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Shu Di Huang Radix Rehmanniae Preparata
Gou Qi Zi Fructus Lycii Chinensis
Ren Shen Radix Ginseng
Bai Zhu Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Da Zao Fructus Jujubae
Sha Ren Fructus Amomi
Sheng Ma Rhizoma Cimicifugae
Shan Yao Rhizoma Discoreae
Huang Qin Radix Scutellariae

I'd go for acu every day too :p
I've been doing 2x a week during o week and implantation week, other than that just once a week.

Good luck all! Xxx

Cool! Maybe we'll both end up with BFPs at the same time. Although I'm really afraid it may take me an extended period of time when I look at my tongue. It's red at the back, pale on in the mid portion with a little bit of a thick white coat in the center, red at the tip, and teeth marks on the sides. It's improved some, but I can see how it could take forever to get a perfect pink uniform tongue.

Does your acu ever stick any needles in the top of your shins or top of your feet? She put some in those places when I went yesterday and this is the first time she's ever done that. I checked in Randine Lewis' book, and it seems those points are for dampness, which I really don't have any symptoms of.

Yes! I also have needles in my shins and feet, I asked today and the points on your feet relate to the organs around the womb, helping the blood flow there better and the points in the shins are directly for the womb. He also places two between my thumbs and index finger, which he today explained is for emotional strength and preventing stress.
Team acupunture!

one in the middle of my head
one between my thumb and pointer fingers
3 down below my belly button
in the tops of my feet
and both ears!

I've had them at the tops of my feet too. Also top of my head, between the eyes, forehead, chest (hearts centre), palms of hands, inside of calves, and lots around the belly after o. Wow that sounds like alot hey! Of course not all at once, but depending on my symptoms.

Do the push them quite deep around your belly button? They seem to go about 2 inches in to me there, a bit disconcerting!
I don't have head and ears though.
Do you also have a heat lamp?

I don't look while she puts them in (wuss), but feels like some are placed deep and she says I have a good reaction around the uterine points. Not quite sure how she can tell? I'll try to look next time she places them in my belly. She only used the heat lamp once but always has the heat pad turned on, and blankets to cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->