Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

I tried for two years no sucess had accupuncture for 2 months and then finally had my bfp my son is 1 and a half now been trying since then and have just this month started accupuncture again i really cant recomend it highly enough for me i really felt so much healthier my cycles felt healthier i really attribute it to getting pregnant so deffanatelly try it :)

Thanks for your comment Anna! Such great news about your number 1, and good luck for 2!
Did you take any herbs also?

^^^^ yayayayayay congrats, do you know what the acupunturist focused on?

Yes i took herbs too i had different ones for each part of the cycle if that makes sense and i had a pregnancy nutri supplement which i took every day its called opti natal pregnancy multivits there really good to take. However the last month of tryi g i o ly took the multivits as i dont think i needed the others to be honest they were good but i just had a gut instinct to try without them and see how it went, my accupuncturist was really great each session he really made me feel better or should i say i felt better afterwords and the rewards kept comming my complexion was bettter my periods were healthier there was no spotting which apparently is how it should be period pains went away totally again how it should be im not sure what method he used but each session hed take my pulse look at my eys comlexion tongue talk to me properly about how i felt etc he said i needed to focus on mykidneys at first but mainly he optimized all parts of my cycle like ovulation time he made sure all was working to best ability every aspect he talked thoroug with me the one i had has been doi g it for over 25years so was really good i would always recomend that you research the, carefully and pick one that is best qualified and hopefully one that ypuve been recomended im in oxford and literally he was the first one i looked at and liked. I genuinly cant recomend it highly enough and i am hoping this time works just as fast too so desperate for number 2 now :) im a bit late today bit still negative test :( hate the waiting id rather af just got me so i can get on and focus on next month and not obsess lol :wacko:

My temps have become a little more unpredictable. I've always gotten a clear temp shift after O both before and after acu. However, it seems my temps pre-O are a little higher and I occasionally have some spikes. After O, my temps are slightly lower.

Some of the herbs I am taking are supposed to clear excess heat, so I'm not sure what's going on with my temps.

Wow, that's exactly what I'm seeing in my chart this month. Blamed the cold on my high pre o temps, but my post o temps were a little lower than normal. And getting alot of almost flat temps. Take a peek at my chart of you're interested in seeing a chart pre acu and during acu.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34e2f6/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

^^^^^Yes that's exactly what my temps are doing. I guess it's a good thing since its happening to both of us.

Well, I'll make an appointment and try to go this week. I went to do some tests and got an HSG to see if anything was wrong with me. OB/GYN said I shouldn't have any problem getting pregnant since there's nothing wrong with me plus I did get pregnant at 7 months of trying and stop BCP.

I guess it's only a question of time.

Hi all, I'm really pleased to have found this thread and hear that others are trying acupuncture too. I have my first apt on thurs, and am feeling excited and positive about giving it a go.
Good luck to all!

Danielle1984, you'll be happy you did. Just be sure to give it a chance to work.

Welcome SusieC!

As for me, I *really* need my acupuncture today. I'm expecting AF tomorrow and the PMS symptoms have come full force. I have been extremely irritable, sad and hopeless. I woke up feeling some crampiness and I cried and cried. I'm hoping I will feel better after acu this afternoon.

Danielle1984, you'll be happy you did. Just be sure to give it a chance to work.

Welcome SusieC!

As for me, I *really* need my acupuncture today. I'm expecting AF tomorrow and the PMS symptoms have come full force. I have been extremely irritable, sad and hopeless. I woke up feeling some crampiness and I cried and cried. I'm hoping I will feel better after acu this afternoon.

Hi CaliDreaming
I hope you feel better afterwards. Have you found it helps with your emotional, as well as physical well-being?
I'm hoping it will regulate my cycle and ov, as well as help me to destress & have more energy. I also have a gp health mot today - I'm not feeling so positive about that lol!

Welcome SusieC!

Awe Cali,
You're not alone. :hugs: I'm in the same boat. Have my next acu apt tomorrow and really looking forward to it, hoping it will lift my spirits. Been spotting lightly for the last 3 days :(

Welcome to the club Susie :wave:

Awe Cali,
You're not alone. :hugs: I'm in the same boat. Have my next acu apt tomorrow and really looking forward to it, hoping it will lift my spirits. Been spotting lightly for the last 3 days :(

Welcome to the club Susie :wave:

I'm so thankful to have someone who understands what I'm going through! At least we both have appts very soon. I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait an entire week for my next one.

Hi CaliDreaming
I hope you feel better afterwards. Have you found it helps with your emotional, as well as physical well-being?
I'm hoping it will regulate my cycle and ov, as well as help me to destress & have more energy. I also have a gp health mot today - I'm not feeling so positive about that lol!

Thanks so much for the well wishes! I have found acupuncture to help a great deal with stress, so I've been caught off guard by this sudden bad mood. Last month I didn't feel nearly this miserable right before AF. I'll really be interested in what my acu has to say about it.

Hi susie, I'm finding it massively helpful in stress relief, just being able to discuss it with someone who unlike a doctor, looks at your whole self, both physical and mental.
Good luck, I thouroughly reccomend it x

My appointment is tomorrow. She said she could have me in today when I called a few minutes ago, but husband has the car lol. It can wait tomorrow.

Welcome SusieC!

Hi CaliDreaming

I can feel my stress level falling fast right after and staying that way all week after one session!!!

AF already stop! I only had it for three days. Any chance that this could have been implantation or something else than AF?

I just got back from my acu appointment and I do feel better. The cramping is just about gone and my mood is a little better. I was pretty frantic earlier today.

I asked my acu about the mild cramping I felt after my session last week, and she said that was not a typical symptom after acu, though some of the points that were stimulated correspond to the uterus. So I pretty much don't know what was going on with that.

I asked my acu if I had made any progress, and she said that typically she tells people it takes about 6 months to see any results. She said at that point she will review my cycles and symptoms to see if anything needs to be adjusted.

She's taken me off some of the herbs I've been taking. I don't take the Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan tablets anymore. I just take the Zizyphus 18 which is supposed to help with anxiety for people with deficiency syndromes.

I do trust my acu, but I wish she would communicate more of the details of what she is doing and why. I feel lilke I am a little bit in the dark about what is going on. This is why I am so glad I can talk with all of you about your experiences to compare notes.

AF already stop! I only had it for three days. Any chance that this could have been implantation or something else than AF?

It's always a possibility. You might want to test just to be sure. If it's neg, then you'll know it was probably AF or an anovulatory cycle. That is definitely something to go over with your acu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->