Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Hi Ladies! I'm just peeking over from 2nd tri. I didn't read all the way through this thread, but wanted to share my experience. I have PCOS, tried clomid (which failed to work), and had cycles anywhere from 40-60+ days. I started taking FertilAid, DH was taking zinc, and I did 2 acupuncture treatments (2 weeks apart) and got my BFP 2 weeks after my last acupuncture appointment (on CD 52!). Not sure what did the trick, but this is probably the exact treatment we'll try when we decide to have baby #2. Best of luck to you all!

Hey thanks so much for the information! congrats on baby Davis!!! Im so happy it may of helped you concieve

I have had needles in all the points everyone else has mentioned except for the ones in the top of the head, chest, and palms. She never puts the same ones in each time and I haven't been able to figure out the reasoning behind them. Like she usually only puts one needle in each upper ear and this time she put in three.

I didn't even realize that some were stuck in deeper than others. When I first started going, the ones in my lower legs and feet were very uncomfortable going in but now I don't mind them at all. Also, she asked me last time whether one particular needle hurt and I didn't feel it at all even when it was going in. I think it was one near my belly button.

I'm also wondering if my acu didn't stimulate all of my points for my reproductive organs the first month to give a chance for the herbs to work and balance things out.

Congrats Mrs 326! I really wish I had discovered acupuncture sooner! I think I want three kids so I'm going to start acu a few months before we try for #3.

When in your cycle can you start acupunture? I'm CD2 so if I start this week, would it be too late for this cycle?

I think starting as early as possible would give you the best chance. But they say to give it 3 months before you can expect to see results (happens faster for some people though).

My acu will see me all through y cycle, starting at any point, but not while I'm bleeding as he does not think it is beneficial. According to the theories, it is a resting time without treatment.

I have found it very relaxing, would definitely reccomend it.

My acu saw me on CD1 when I had just started bleeding. I have read that most see AF as a time of rest, so I guess she's out of the norm in this regard. Different acus have different practices.

Anyway, I am set for an appt tomorrow, which is the day before AF is to start. One big change I've noticed since starting acu is that I don't feel all of the pregnancy like PMS symptoms I used to feel on a lot of cycles. I don't think I will get a BFP this cycle, and I'm a little down.

I plan on asking my acu a few questions about whether I've made any progress in the last two months. I know that I have, but it would be nice to get some encouragement. The only thing I don't like about my acu is she does not really give out a whole lot of information about what she's doing. I think she thinks it stresses her patients out.

danielle1984 hello married woman!!! :)

I would start asap, couldnt hurt I guess!

Hi morebetter,
Anything new happening in the tww. I think you are 2 days behind me so you must be 10 dpo now?

I'm having doubts about a bfp this month :( my temps have been rather low since o and also having cramping since o. Expecting af in a few days.

Anyone else in the tww yet? Any interesting cycle changes?

I am 10dpo and nothing here, Im thinking im out this month.. My boobs were hurting, but now arent.. nothing else to report, af comes July 7th

3 months?? That's too much. He doesn't want me to try it either, he thinks I'm going overboard with the TTC.

I guess it depends on how you think about acu. I tend to also get muscle aches and pains which she also treats (so far I've been having less frequent and less intense muscle aches), and anxiety over ttc. It's helped some with my anxiety as well. In my opinion if you think it will help you relax I think it's worth it. Have you been diagnosed with any fertility problems?

I've just booked my first appointment for Wednesday eeeek! Let's hope it works!!

I've seen lots of bfp charts on ff using acupuncture and tcm!! Of course there were lots that were just ovulatory cycles too :shrug:

3 months?? That's too much. He doesn't want me to try it either, he thinks I'm going overboard with the TTC.

It can take 3 months or more to see results because the acu and herbs are aimed at getting your body back in balance naturally. If your conditions are very severe, it probably will take much longer than 3 months to correct.

If getting pg as soon as possible is the goal, then acu may not be for you. It's an attractive alternative though for women who are trying to avoid invasive procedures with all of the side effects. Even for women on Western fertility treatments their chance of success is greatly increased. A

I've just booked my first appointment for Wednesday eeeek! Let's hope it works!!

Congrats!!! Definitely let us know how it goes! I can't wait to hear all of the details.

I've seen lots of bfp charts on ff using acupuncture and tcm!! Of course there were lots that were just ovulatory cycles too :shrug:

That is definitely encouraging! I wish I could see charts showing the changes in temps in women before acu and after acu.

My temps seemed more stable this month. But had a nasty cold for a week and a half during my follicular phase so that made my chart look kind of weird & ugly lol.

My temps have become a little more unpredictable. I've always gotten a clear temp shift after O both before and after acu. However, it seems my temps pre-O are a little higher and I occasionally have some spikes. After O, my temps are slightly lower.

Some of the herbs I am taking are supposed to clear excess heat, so I'm not sure what's going on with my temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->