*ADDED PIC OF OPK* HELP! Im so worried!! *update* New pic pg 2

miahleemom

ttc#2 for many months now
Reaction score
I have taken an opk for 3 days now all at the same time and all at the same time and all with the test line the same color. (light but the same color, not positive). I am now cd 11 and took a opk and it was lighter than the other days.
Wtf does that mean, I thought they were suppose to be getting darker?
Does this mean I am not going to o this month?
Has anyone had this until they gotten darker?

I have only done it for one month so far so am no expert but they went from slightly darker to lighter and back through the month until I started getting my surge whereby the got dark then darker. Hope this helps a bit.

I have only done it for one month so far so am no expert but they went from slightly darker to lighter and back through the month until I started getting my surge whereby the got dark then darker. Hope this helps a bit.

What cycle day were you when the test was lighter. I am going crazy over this and stressing out.

Some people's lines will get dark overnight (meaning they do not see progressively darker lines when they take their opks). Others see a gradual darkening. There may be some fluctuations in the hormone concentration. It shouldn't necessarily mean you won't ovulate. You also may have missed your surge, if you have a short one.

Mine went lighter on CD14 and poitive on CD16
Also my first month trying them :flower:

xx

Don't worry look at mine:
CD: 6
https://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/Tasha_mo/OPK%20April%202010/6apr10-12p.jpg
CD12:
https://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/Tasha_mo/OPK%20April%202010/10Apr10-4p.jpg
CD13:
https://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx99/Tasha_mo/OPK%20April%202010/11Apr20-2p.jpg

Make sure you're testing between noon and 8pm. Otherwise it wont show.
I tested the same day at midnight and it was negative!
I test between 1 and 4pm.

I test everyday at 2pm. I don't use the restroom after 12pm to make sure I have good pee.
I have another crazy question also?
I went ahead and made an appointment for my gyno to ask questions etc and I had mentioned I had a mc (since I went to the er to confirm since it was past 5 and wouldnt see him til the next monday)
I went home and cryed then new there wasn't nothing I could do about it and went on.
Anyhoo back to the appointment when I mentioned the mc they said I should have hada dnc. Idk what that is and if I might get an infection or had one. They made the appt for the 31st. The day my af is due but have been feeling slight crampy since and and now really freaking out.
Any advice on anything I explained?

I also added a pic of my opks also to show what I mean top is todays bottom is yesterdays.
Sorry for the blur it's a pos camera phone

Attachments

• piccies 005.jpg
    piccies 005.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 15
Thanks ladies had a similar question lurking about in my mind. Its my first month using opk`s mine was totally neg on fri, forgot sat (I know what a idiot,considering I have poas addiciton!),faint line yesterday and then totally nada today. I have been testing at 11am which got a bit tricky today at work (was locked in loo for a while i think maybe my colleagues were beginning to think ad fallen down the thing!) So was great to see pics so i know what it should really look like, I mean diagrams on packets are all very well but its so hard to judge sometimes so am really grateful ladies. Would anyone suggest change time I test or as close to ov should I leave till next month (opfully there wont be a next month fingers crossed!) also would anyone suggest testing twice dialy like am and pm? and sorry miahleemom for hijacking your thread!

Thanks ladies had a similar question lurking about in my mind. Its my first month using opk`s mine was totally neg on fri, forgot sat (I know what a idiot,considering I have poas addiciton!),faint line yesterday and then totally nada today. I have been testing at 11am which got a bit tricky today at work (was locked in loo for a while i think maybe my colleagues were beginning to think ad fallen down the thing!) So was great to see pics so i know what it should really look like, I mean diagrams on packets are all very well but its so hard to judge sometimes so am really grateful ladies. Would anyone suggest change time I test or as close to ov should I leave till next month (opfully there wont be a next month fingers crossed!) also would anyone suggest testing twice dialy like am and pm? and sorry miahleemom for hijacking your thread!

Your good. It seems like i have to many questions and not enough answers lol. I need to go back to med school to answer them.

i read on peeonastick.com that very few girls actually see a line "building up", for the most part they'll just see very light lines until the surge. i would just continue testing until you get the surge, and i'm sure you will :) i had the same problem last cycle and i was freaking out too, but i kept on testing and it seemed like forever but i o'd late and i caught the line!

its still early in the cycle dont panic yet and keep testing you may noy ov for another few days yet the days i was not ov were different some lighter than other kepp doing what your doing and you will get that nice dark pos soon xxx

Miahleemom I really don't know about the D+C question, I know some women have them and some don't so guess you'll have to hang on (hard I know) till you can speak to your doctor.

Everyone else - thanks so much for the Pos opks pics, esp Tasha - I am on CD 14, just tested for 5th day in a row and still v faint 2nd lines... good to know it coudl be a dark line tomorrow! I had thought they woudl be building up and was starting to freak!

I was starting to worry the same thing. This is my first month using opks and I got a couple of faint lines at first, but then nothing. Glad its normal.

Well I got my positive today cd14 YIPEE. Temp still down tho, does that mean that I got my surge and not ovulated (like maybe tomorrow)? I love opks here is a pic of mine today. Sorry for the blur again.

Attachments

• delete 007.jpg
    delete 007.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
Yaaay, now get to business!
You can ovulate any time between now and 3 days :) I got my first positive on CD: 13, ovulated on CD: 15, and had a positive until yesterday. I'm not even gonna test today. So prepare for the big O! BTW, I would love to see your chart but the link is not working.

This is my first month using OPKs too, but the leaflet that came with them said to test every other day from CD10. Is this wrong then....????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->