Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Epithelium

PinkCupcakes

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had an irregular pap about 6 months ago so they wanted to take a sample of the abnormal cells to see if I needed to have that area of my cervix removed or not. So a few months ago I had the sample taken and they stated the abnormal cells are also inside my cervix not just on it.

Just this past Wednesday I had the surgery to remove the effected areas of my cervix which they told me was a good amount of it :cry: now I am just recovering from the surgery and I got a call from my surgeon saying the cells are Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Epithelium which is two types of cancer..... She said it's a possibility it is cancer but needed to send my samples to the Mayo Clinic for further tests but she's pretty sure it is cancer and I have to wait another week to even find out the results....:cry:

She also stated that if I want to have kids (which I do badly just not yet) that it will be very difficult for me if I do have cancer. I may need to have my whole cervix removed and stitched closed. I may not be able to ever get pregnant naturally or at all..... She said another option is removing everything down there.... but I don't want to do that if there's any hope I can have kids. This just sucks and my dreams of becoming a mother are pretty much ruined and I feel super depressed and need to rant and I feel like maybe some ladies here have some experience in this?

Oh my 😞 I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart is heavy for you. But please keep your head up, she never said you will never have kids, and the tests haven't come back positive yet so there is a little hope yet. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. *hugs from afar*

I'm so sorry for you that you have to go through this. You sound like you are being incredibly strong about it though. You are definitely allowed to rant about that, I can't imagine how hard that must be. My thoughts are with you!

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope you can fulfil your dreams. We are hear to listen when you need.

Something similar happened to me 4 years ago when I was dx with melanoma.. Me and my long time boyfriend at the time wanted to get married and have kids but we were waiting until I finished my degree. When the dr told me I may need to have chemo/radiation/immuno-therapy my first thought was that I wouldn't be able to have children. The weeks leading up to the surgery and waiting for tests results were the longest of my life. It's a terrible thing to want children and think your doing the right thing by waiting until the best time, only to find out that you may have missed your chance. My story had a happy ending, they caught it early enough, and that was one of the reasons we decided to start having children. I hope your story has a happy ending too. Please update us on your results. Worst case scenario and you need chemo/radiation or everything down there has to be removed might you be able to have some eggs harvested first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->