Adoption journey

I'm very excited but equally nervous! Will feel much better once the match meeting has happened next week!
I've bough some bits but don't know clothing size yet so have just been guessing :haha:

Hi all
We finally have good news! Sw emailed us today, match meeting is organised for next week and match panel for end of October! Only delayed by 9 days! So relieved!

Absolutely fabulous news, dream. I hope everything from now on goes very smoothly.

That must have been awful. I don't know how you feel but every day away from LO (even though we've never met her) seems quite painful and sad in that we're missing bits of her life and want to start living that life with her now. If that makes sense? I feel like she's very much ours already and any delay is so tortuous.

---

We are still living in a very surreal "is this really happening?" stage of our lives and buying lots and lots of things for LO. We've been emailing FC back and forth since the matching information meeting to find all sorts of things out and that's been so useful. We are really prepared now I think in terms of "stuff".

We are also thrilled it's now October, as this should - all being well - be the month we become a family of 3 and get to meet our little one :cloud9:

Hi lovely :)
Yes hun it happened at the beginning of the month. All went well!
We are at panel on Thursday and meeting her fc at their home the same afternoon! So excited!

Am I getting confused ? Was it the panel meeting that was delayed ? Anyhow its all happening now :) so excited for you all . Soon your little blue will be a big brother :)

The match meeting was delayed which then delayed panel. Luckily they have 2 per month now and managed to get a spot, so we've only been delayed by 9 days x

Match meeting was cancelled which caused a delay with panel. Luckily they run 2 per month and were able to get a slot so we've only been delayed by 9 days :)

Little pink is officially ours so thrilled!
We met her foster carer this afternoon who was absolutely lovely! Found out lots more about our little girl who sounds like she is a whirlwind! Ha ha. Roll on 14th November when we meet her!

Huge congratulations Dream :) so excited and happy for you !!!! You won't feel the time go till you meet little pink :) are the Introductions a week or longer ? I'm interested too in how they are to include little ( or not so little blue ;) )

Brace yourself ..... Life is about to get CRAZY !!! Can't wait to read along :)

Thanks Hun :) yes intros are over a week! Little man is involved from day 3. He'll come and spend 2 hours with her that day and then from the 4th day she spends her days at ours so he will see her daily after he finishes nursery at 11.30 :)
they've been great with planning the intros so that E keeps some consistency. I expected to be at the fcs every morning at 7am like last time but we only have 1 early morning. Most days we get there for 9.30 so we can take E to nursery first. I think he'lol need that consistency when so much other stuff is changing!
Really cannot wait to meet her now!

Yay!! Congrats Dream!! That's so exciting. I'm still waiting I'm hoping the wait won't be much longer. We have been on the wait list for 7 months now.

Hi all
Well we are home 😍 Can't quite believe the day is here! We are a family of 4!
The past week has been tough! Our boiler has broken so we've had no hot water or heating and E has tonsillitis, all on top of introductions! We've dragged our way through it all though!
Little miss P is a little diamond! She's so inquisitive and clever and has real character! She certainly puts her brother in his place!
Looking forward to a few low key days now before E returns to nursery and family start to meet little lady x

Oh super comgratulations :) wow those introductions went by fast !!! Sounds like you had some challanges along the way !!! Enjoy every second of settling into the new routine as a family of 4 ! Its fun and busy lol

Dream how are you settling in to life with 2 ?? I'd love to hear how LO is settling in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"