Adoption journey

Hi 🙋 Bex he is super excited and it really went well when they met on Sunday. Just 18mths between them so I'm sure they are going to become great friends.

How is your journey going?

All good here thanks tommy! Application is on hold due to a family bereavement but all booked in for September prep groups so will get going again soon! It's all waiting isn't it - hope you and bump are well!!

Yao glad all went well Tommy!
We have received our par now, just have to sign it and send it back, it'll be submitted to panel on 6th June and then we have panel on 30th! Eek!

6th June is a good day Dream! :happydance:

Congratulations on your new nephew Tommy! Brilliant all has gone well so far :D and also lovely news in your siggy, congrats!

Love to all xxx

Hi all
Hope everyone is well! Things are all ok here.
E was poorly last week with the chickenpox, poor little love was covered! He's fine now and returning to preschool tomorrow! His behaviour over the past few days has been awful, I honestly don't know that has gotten into him! Think he needs to be back at preschool in his routine!
We visited his new nursery for September a few weeks ago. I love it!! Such a great feeling about the place it's been on local news this week that the headteacher has received an mbe! I've started buying bits of his uniform :sob: but it's tricky as he's got such little slim legs that all trousers are too long or too baggy bless him!!!
We've had our time come through for panel, 11.15 on the 30th. Eek! Still doesn't feel real to be honest, we'll have a shock when they start grilling us
So yeah, things are all pretty good here all in all! Work is crazy busy and I dread it to be honest but there's nothing I can do about it really! Just suck it up and get on with it!
Hope everyone is all good X

Not sure if yu remember me ,, kind of a silent stalker !! Congratulations on the panel today . How very exciting :) .... Your family will soon be growing !! Eek

Thanks Hun. We are excited for the future but I'm not going to lie, it's a bit scary too! :haha:

I can only imagine! I think I'll probably look and feel like I've been hit by a bus for the first few weeks 😂

Yeah you will :haha: But it's amazing too! Still really excited for you guys to grow as a family ❤️

I feel like I'm just coming out of a thick fog !!!!! Covered in sticky hand marks and baby puke ;) lol...

:haha: can I make a run for it now?! :haha: can't wait, bring it on! Not looking forward to how E will react though, think we'll be headed for a few tough months!

My son aged 2 and 4 months had a bit of a tough time adjusting . He refused to call the baby by her name and referedto her as " the baby " for ages ! He had whopper temper tantrums and became a very unsettled little boy for a few weeks . However its much better now , I think we are over the hump of it and now he can't remember life without Anna . He loves her to " death " lol... Most days I feel like she needs as crash helmet !!! But its amazing to watch them interact now . Makes ya feel all squishy inside :)

Hey all, I haven't been on for a while. I'm happy to see everything is moving along for everyone! We finally heard from the agency our homestudy is completed and we are now on the waiting list! Now the waiting begins!

Yes!! Well we got our papers back and we are #142 on the list so still a bit of a wait.

Yeah it is average wait is 2-3 years. I'm hoping for sooner. I was told that the couples that are young and without kids usually get picked faster. Its sucks because the birth parents do the picking.

Hi everybody. Long time, no speak.

After over 1 year of waiting since being approved to adopt, it looks like it's all finally happening for us.

All being well, we should have a new addition to our homes around the end of October: a 7-month-old little pink :cloud9:

The excitement is unreal. It all feels quite surreal but absolutely fantastic at the same time. We had honestly felt like it was never going to happen and were going to give it another year before we told the adoption service to stop looking. Exciting times ahead hopefully :cloud9:

Hope there's more good news on here soon and thinking of those of you waiting x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->