Adult acne. Anyone else?

Loobs

Baking #2!
Reaction score
I am totally miserable at the moment because of my skin :( I've been to the doctor and have started a course of antibiotics but they are making me feel ill.

Does anyone else suffer from acne?

X

I still get it. Some on my back and sometimes on my face, and I am 37. A friend of mine had a treatment that was very strong, but its not for everyone, it wasn't for me. They say this changes once you have a child, and I am hoping to be pregnant in the next couple of months, so it would be a lovely bonus if it improves my skin. I must admit it doesn't bother me so much, it has in the past, I suppose its improved with time as has my perception of it :hugs:

Yes I hate it! I have it round my neck and jawline, it went completely last time I was pregnant but came back once my daughter turned one, now I'm back to feeling ugly. I think the only thing to fix it would be the pill and I don't want to go on that.x

It's horrible :( My confidence and self esteem hit rock bottom when I get a flare up. My cheeks, jawline and chin are the worst areas. Happy to hear that pregnancy helps, hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later! x

I found that during the pregnancies my skin was wonderful. But as soon as I had them it would flare up again :(

I've had awful break outs this year, which I'm guessing is due to stress and maybe something to do with food. My husband breaks out when he eats too much wheat.

What I've tried is rubbing lemon juice on the acne, it helps dry them up. Then at night before bed I scrub it with raw honey that's kind of crystallized, it seems to be helping so far.

I have it and the only thing that helped was Dianette. I haven't been on it since before I was TTC Ashley though as I'm still breastfeeding and we are going to start to TTC number 2. I've resigned myself to having bad skin until I've finished breastfeeding number 2. It is depressing, especially when people feel the need to comment on it.

I took dianette for acne when I was a lot younger, it turned me into a monster and gave me severe anxiety, I am still paying the price for that pill today!

I have terrible acne at 21 (nearly 22) years old. Tbh I would of thought it'd of stopped by now, but it's still here :( Almost every woman in my family (mostly my mum and older sister) have had it, most of them have ended up on Reaccutane too or whatever its called. I probably won't be allowed on it due to my mental health problems though :'(

I'm definitely going to the docs soon, as I'm switching from the implant (which I swear makes my skin 5x worse) to the pill anyway.

I've never thought of it being linked to certain foods, might start keeping a food diary if these antibiotics don't work!

Why do people comment on it?! I've never understood why people feel the need to mention it. Thats like me saying "Wow, your nose is big!" Or "Whats wrong with your teeth?" It's just rude!

I can't take the combined pill due to migraines, however the last doctor I seen told me these could have been a "teenager thing" and I could try it again if I wanted. Well, I didn't. I stopped taking Cerazette in order to let my cycles get back to normal before TTC next year.

So I am persevering with the erithromycin at the moment. It made me feel a bit nauseous to begin with but that seems to have passed now. The doctor did say it could take up to 3 months to notice a different however I think it has made a difference already. I am still getting the odd whitehead, and my discoloured bits are obviously still there but I hope it will continue to improve.

X

meeee!! my chin & nose are covered in black heads too which are just disgusting!

like alot of the other ladies have said mine cleared when i was pregnant, and it tends to clear up a little when im due on. i think its due to hormones?

:hugs: hope the antibiotics stop making u feel sick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->