Advice on CB digital progression

Gussy76

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can put my mind at rest or confirm my worst fears. After 10 years of TTC, and 3 goes of IVF I have finally got a surprise natural BFP (previous BFPs' have been 2 ectopic and 1 blighted ovum discovered at 10 weeks) I got this BFP on 28th August which was only one week after ovulation and got 1-2 weeks on a CB digi. On 31st August it had already progressed to 2-3 weeks. Ive tested a lot of times since then and still only getting 2-3 weeks. Does this mean the pregnancy is not progressing and I am preparing to miscarry again? Due to my history the GP has requested an early scan but I am driving myself mad with these tests. Has anybody got any experience of these tests? Good or bad? Apologies for waffling post! Thanks in advance!

Please don't worry. To get 1-2 on a digital hcg has to be between 25-200 ( as hcg doubles every 48 hours on average. 2-3 week measures hcg of 200-2000 at this period hcg doubles every 72 hours. From my first 2-3 weeks on a digital to 3+ took around 8 days and I was carrying twins. Please don't waster your money on digital tests and save as your growing bean deserves it more :)

Thanks for your message, i know the sensible thing is to relax and enjoy the fact that today I am pregnant but finding it tough. Good to hear that someone else also had to wait some time for any progression! Here's hoping nows my time. Thanks again!

I hate these tests. With this baby I got 'pregnant' on a digi at 10dpo, at 14dpo I got 2-3 which I was pleased with, a week later I took another and it still read 2-3! I freaked out, I thought after a whole week surely it should have progressed? I then started spotting brown so I thought for sure it was over. I went to the doctor and explained what was happening and she sent me for a scan, there was a sac and a yolk sac in the right place, and I'd have to go back in 10 days for a re-scan to check for a heartbeat. 10 days later there was my little baby with a heartbeat measuring 7+5. I'm now 29 weeks with a baby boy, so clearly they're just rubbish tests.
Try not to panic hun, I know it's much easier said than done, but these tests cause so much unnecessary stress.

Gussy, I don't have personal experience with those tests, but I've heard a lot of people say that the weeks can be off. Fx for you!

Thank you Katherine and Kate! Congrats to both on your pregnancies. Think I wll step away from the devil sticks and try and enjoy being pregnant. Roll on scan day, although am pretty sure I'll find something else to worry about then. Thanks again for your replies. Husband things I'm a fruit loop for worrying so always nice to have someone who understands. Happy and healthy 9 months ahead to us all

Really hated this test its not accurate drove myself crazy and I would read other posts and think they are just the lucky ones when in fact the tests are unpredictable

I had a similar experience to you - got 2-3 at 14dpo with mid morning urine and same at 21dpo with fmu and panicked (mine is a clomid pregnancy after multiple failed ivfs, not updated siggy yet as paranoid!). Had my hcg checked via bloods at 22dpo and it was just under 7000 so the digi should have read 3+ the day before. Go for a blood hcg honey if it will put your mind at rest a little bit. I had another at 24dpo and it had doubled from 22dpo so my consultant was happy. Scan for me on 23rd so I'm keeping everything crossed until then.

Good luck! X

aw bless you google cb digi gone wrong loads of people asking the same question :)
step away from the stupid tests and wait for your scan the tests arent doing you any good they are making you anxious and thats not good

congratulations how long is it till your scan ?

Thanks for all your replies. It's good to know other people have had issues that have ultimately had a positive outcome! Had some slight spotting today but going to not worry (yeah right) for now. Gp referred me to epu a week last Thursday but still not got my scan date. Typical! Although part of me wants it to be a bit later so more chance of seeing something I hope! Wish I still had some pregnancy innocence and didn't stress over every little thing! Hopefully all will be worth it. I'll update on results in case anyone is ever searching this in future, I always hate it when someone starts a thread and doesn't tell you what happened! Thanks everyone! Xxx

Firstly, massive congrats on your BFP.

I totally understand your worry. I have also just gone through CB digi progression hell over the last couple of weeks. I got 2-3 weeks on a CB digi at 14 dpo (great! - all on track), but then I made the mistake of testing everyday after that. I stayed on 2-3 for nearly 2 weeks! I was so worried that it meant a miscarriage was on the way. I did eventually get a 3+ at 5 weeks and 6 days (massive relief!) - so pretty late compared to many other ladies.

I have a scan on Saturday so I should know then whether the slow progression indicates an issue.

I really wish I hadn't used these tests - they've caused so much anxiety. From all the googling I've done, it seems like many women have had the same issue and gone onto have healthy bubba's. So we should try not to worry - although it's so hard.

Thanks teabella, massive congrats to you and fx for a sticky bean for you! Good luck for your scan on Saturday, let me know how you get on? I'm back to not being positive now as symptoms have all disappeared and slight spotting today. Not totally out of the game but preparing for the worst. :-( xx

Oh gussy, I'm sorry to hear that. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully its just a bit of minor spotting and will subside soon. First tri is such a stressful time.

Thanks teabella, unfortunately the spotting has changed to actual bleeding today, scan booked for Wednesday at 10am so will see what's going on then I guess. Pretty sure it's over. I'll update good or bad when I know xx

I'm so sorry. Thinking of you. i really hope all turns out ok.

Thought I'd update in case anyone stumbles on this thread on google. Unfortunately at my scan today they confirmed I'd had a complete miscarriage. However, they did say the lack of progression on a cb digital was by no means an indicator and should always be taken with a pinch of salt but the fact that I had lost all symptoms ( sickness, sore boobs etc) was usually a sign. Sorry for anyone else going through this and hope others have a more positive outcome xx

EDIT sorry just realised how negative this sounds, I didn't mean to imply that no symptoms or stopping symptoms ultimately means a miscarriage just that in some cases it could be a signal, many women have no symptoms or symptoms that come and go throughout their entire pregnancy and have a perfect take home baby

I love the digital test from CB but I dont buy the one with the weeks. I buy just the plain pregnant or not pregnant. I also only test once. I dont do multiple tests, because I dont like wasting money. So if that test is positive, its the last ill take until I go to my DR appt, where its included. Dont stress out.

Hi Ladies -

Wanted to update my CB digi weeks progression

13 dpo = 88 HCG = CB test 1-2 weeks
18 dpo = = CB test 1-2 weeks
19 dpo = 1118 HCG = didn't take a CB test
20 dpo = = CB test 2-3 weeks

Gussy - I'm so sorry. What terribly sad news. Look after yourself and make sure you rest lots.

Also, thanks for taking the time to update this thread when you're going through such a terrible time - really thoughtful of you. I will let you know the outcome of my scan on Saturday as well so that we have a thread complete with final outcomes :( Hopefully it will be useful for others in the future.

Thought I'd update in case anyone stumbles on this thread on google. Unfortunately at my scan today they confirmed I'd had a complete miscarriage. However, they did say the lack of progression on a cb digital was by no means an indicator and should always be taken with a pinch of salt but the fact that I had lost all symptoms ( sickness, sore boobs etc) was usually a sign. Sorry for anyone else going through this and hope others have a more positive outcome xx

EDIT sorry just realised how negative this sounds, I didn't mean to imply that no symptoms or stopping symptoms ultimately means a miscarriage just that in some cases it could be a signal, many women have no symptoms or symptoms that come and go throughout their entire pregnancy and have a perfect take home baby

I am so sorry :(

I HATE these CB tests...

I took one at 5 weeks, 5 +5 and 6 weeks and got 2-3 on ALL of them!

Surely I would be at 3+ by 6 weeks pregnant...all it does it make me worry :(

I have one test left and will take it again next week..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->