Advice on choosing doula services

aliss

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

I'm looking at a C-section for this one but still getting a postpartum doula. Can anyone recommend how often their doula was at their home when postpartum and what they thought of it? I'm looking at the doula services below with various packages.

https://www.motherwit.ca/Postpartum-Doula-Packages.htm

The 4 hours/4 days/4 weeks one is almost $1000 more than 3 hours/3 days/3 weeks so I'd like to know, do you think it is worth the difference? My OH will also be on parental leave but we have one more to care for and I will be post-surgery.

We are likely getting a post-partum this time around because we have another little one to look after. My hubby will also be on leave for a little bit.

Didn't want to read and run--we didn't have one last time as our finances were not as great, but I have to say that we loved our birth doula and having a second set of hands around the house will be fabulous.

Can you start off with 3-3-3 and then move up if you want more help? I think 3-3-3 would be plenty to start out with personally.

It might be wildly different where you are, but around here, I think a "trainee" Doula UK doula charges £200 for 20 hrs post natal work, and you work it out between you how those hours are spread. If finances are a problem, a trainee/new doula might be more affordable? Just a thought :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->