• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice on clothes for work pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Amy89

Soulmate, Ollybear, and I
Reaction score
Ok, so I work in a nice restaurant and don't have a uniform as I'm a manager. The waitresses wear tshirts and jeans as long as they look smart. The other manager (a bloke) wears jeans, shirt, and shoes. I normally wear black trousers and some sort of blouse. I have to have at least 3/4 sleeves to cover my arm tattoos, but the owners don't like me wearing all black. It's getting really hot here, and I'm struggling with what to wear, especially as my feet hurt! I can't find any nice shoes that are comfy, so skirts/shorts are out the question. What do I do?
Could I get away with jeans and converse with a smartish top? Buy some black plimsolls to wear with city shorts?
There's so many bloody rules - can't wear all black, can't show tattoos, must look smart enough to be a recognisable manager, must look smart as the restaurant is in a posh area of town, can wear jeans (but only sometimes)...it's exhausting. Shoes are a major issue for me. Any things comfy for a few hours/walking around the shops. 14 hours on my feet, and everything hurts :(
Please help me!! I'm melting at work :((

How about smart dresses? Or leggings and a long smart top with plimsoles? X

What about a pair of jeans and a 3 quarter length, sleeved shirt with a pair of black shoes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->