Advice on getting LO to take more millk

sobersadie

2 sons and a daughter :-)
Reaction score
My daughter is 2 months and 1 week old. She is still only taking 3-4oz every 3 hours. This has been the same amount and frequncy since she was 2 weeks old. She is my 3rd and my 1st 2 were taking about double this amount about every 4 hours at this age. Anyone elses wee ones only take a small amount of milk? Any suggestions how to get her to take more? (she is on size 1 teats but i poked bigger holes in them and the variflow teats were a nightmare she just dribbled all the milk). She is also on baby gaviscon for reflux. Up till a week ago she was sleeping through the night but now she is wanting fed every 3 hours again through the night. I feel its coz she isnt getting enough milk during the day. She wont take anymore milk more often and when she has had enough of her bottle just closes her mouth and refuses to open it.

My LO is 13weeks and wont take more than 3-4oz every 3 hours.

Also you mention reflux - i think this has something to do with it. Not sure what, but ever since alex has had it she refused to take anymore, in fact, to start with, she dropped to to more than 3oz but its built up again.

As long as your LO is gaining weight, dont panic!

What weight is your LO? Reason I ask is that going by my HV (who focuses on age) and the age guide on the side of the formula box, my LO isn't taking "enough". But by her weight, she is (according to the box).

My daughter is 11 weeks, and usually takes about 3.5-4oz. Normally every 4 hours, sometimes 3, sometimes as much as 6 if she sleeps coz we're out somewhere (in her pram or carseat). The only exception is her last botttle of the night, she'd been draining that so yesterday made up a 5oz bottle, and she drained that too :blush: She'll sleep from midnight till 9am (though usually we have to get her up at 7).

Like sb22 said, as long as your LO is gaining weight, try not to worry. My HV has been on at me about her feeding since Romilly was 10 days old, but last time I got her weighed she'd put on 8.5oz in 2 weeks. So she's obviously OK! Take it steady, hopefully your LO will adjust on her own :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->