Advice on using OPK's please!

CoffeePuffin

Reaction score
I am waiting for my first batch of OPK's to arrive in the post. They are the usual cheap strips you find on eBay, but I was told these are fine to use?

I was planning on testing everyday as I have no idea how long my cycles are yet as I've not long come off of the pill (I am currently tracking my temperature each morning too). Is it okay to test just once a day, or do I have to test multiple times a day? If I'm okay to test once a day, what is the best time? I was told around 2pm by someone but not sure if this is accurate.

Am I correct in saying that once the test is positive, that means ovulation will occur within 12-36 hours? And the test is only positive if it's as dark or darker than the control line? Faint lines don't mean anything?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete TTC newbie!

You're more clued up than you think :D. Yeh your right with your questions, I test at 2pm (can be negative on a 9am test, but positive at 2pm - its just trying to catch your surge). Positive is a darker line or same as the test line, and yes generally ovulation will happen 12h+ after your pos opk. If you don't know your cycle length, and your happy to use opk's daily (not concerned about cost etc), then I would do as you say and test daily, at least it will help you understand your cycle.

All the best hun xx

stalking as I`m hopeless with OPK's, best time to test etc

Test daily (yes, afternoon is the best time). Once you start getting faint second lines, test twice a day (this is why the cheapies are good!) so you don't miss the surge. Good luck :)

I'm stalking thus as I'm confused too, I got a second line fainter than the control line but similar in colour, that was yesterday but I started my period today. Confused :-(

You will likely ALWAYS get some sort of second line, since you normally always have some amount of LH in your system. The OPK is looking for the surge in LH, so the strip is only positive when the second line is at least at dark as the control.

This is different to pregnancy tests where any line is a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->