Advice please - Clomid Pescription

Yumymumy22

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been lurking for a long time now. My journey started back in July 2012 when me and my husband decided to TTC a brother or sister for our now 5 year old daughter.

After months and months of nothing I was referred for NHS testing last week.

Day2 and 21 - Mostly ok aside from low progesterone on day 21. Also resistant to German measles immunisation.

Tubes - hycosy showed clear tubes and internal ultrasound showed my ovaries are also fine.

I mentioned to the consultation though I have a regular 28 day cycle, my fertility monitor indicates I don't ovulate until CD21 - I also have frequent spotting in cycles. He suggested I use Clomid, to jump start ovulation and hopefully bring it forward a little back to where it should be.

Received my letter yesterday - Basically due to the fact that I have a daughter already, regardless of my contributions since the age of 16 - I have to pay privately for clomid. I need to decide before I call which package I am going to go for so that I can pay.

The consultation is £180... just

The clomid itself is either 15-45 per cycle im assuming depending on the mg.

The scan! is £220.... my question is, ladies who have to package it this way... did you opt to have the scan or not? What are the implications of me not having the scan, as it appears from the letter it is not compulsory?

Any advice I would love please, this is very upsetting right on top of Christmas. Its basically wiped out any gift me and OH planned for each other

YM22 xx

Well let me tell you that you are entitled to clomid and all of the associated testing on the nhs no matter how many kids you have. I would query that letter. Contact your local pct. This is just not on at all and im sorry this is happening to you!

My best friend has a 9 month old courtesy of the nhs and clomid and she's now expecting no2 again thanks to the nhs and clomid. Kick their butts girl! Good luck x

The NHS are being a pain with me aswell, ive had the tests but they wont go any further as i already have a daughter! Been thinking about buying online!

I have 2 children and ive got clomid on the nhs. It must have something to do with where you live, postcode lottery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->