advice please

dinoegg

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this and would appreciate any advice. Last sept I stopped my long term bc pill taking after 6 years consistently on it and only having my no pill week every 2 - 3 months.

Anyway prior to starting the pill I had irregular periods maybe every 3 months or so and I didn't take much notice as I was only 16 at the time. I decided to take a break from it last sept to figure out my cycles. Since then I have had 2 periods. One at the end of Nov and one now. I have been having unprotected sex the last 2 months or so and not pg.

I had a scan at start of this year which showed symptoms of mild pcos with 12 - 13 follicles on my right ovary though nothing extreme. I had bloods done twice and my doctor just said to me "everythings normal" when it came to the bloods results. My doc keeps suggesting for me to go back on the pill which I don't want to do as it is only a cover up for problems. she is also suggesting to lose weight and that but I know the issue of irregular periods has been there since I was 8 & 1/2 stone a few yeas ago.

my concern now is that after 2 months of UP sex I am still not pregnant although I am not trying but not preventing it is worrying me for when I am actively trying and I am only in my early 20s now.

Has anyone been in a similar situation. What was the outcome. Where do I go from here ? Sorry for long winded post just looking for some advice. Any help I am very thankful for. 😊

Hi there doll, I am currently 20 years old. I had been on a birthcontrol pill for nearly 5 years. I was initially put on it because I had problems with cysts on my ovaries. Soon after I got off the pill I had a chemical pregnancy. It has now been 2 years since I have taken any form of birth control. My husband and I do not use protection because we believe if it is meant it will happen, if not oh well. Even though we have been unprotected for 2 years I still haven't gotten pregnant. Although this go around I think I may be. (Still have a couple of days til testing) I hope this helps. Sometimes even though nothing is actually wrong with our bodies, it just takes time for us to get back to the normal state without birthcontrol.

Thanks for the reply nerveouswreck. It's good to hear from someone in a similar situation. Have you had regular cycles ever since stopping the pill. I think we will continue to not plan but not prevent and see what happens. Please let me know how u get on when u test. Best of luck and I hope it's the news you have been waiting for 😊

Dinoegg, before I went on the pill I did have somewhat regular periods but they were awful too! Painful and long! After I stopped the pill they were all over the place! However, they became very short. I normally bleed for 3 days or so. Now, I have gotten back to a normal state, my periods have been on time for almost a year now. Last month was the first time it strayed. I started 2 days early. Which was nothing for me! Thank you I will make sure to keep you updated and I hope that you have the best of luck. Trying to figure out what our bodies are doing can be stressful even when we aren't trying to conceive. Good luck dear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->