Advice please!

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
Please can anyone advise me?
My DS is almost 5 months old, and I've been thinking about moving into his own bedroom. This is for 3 reasons:
1. My DH's alarm clock is disturbing him
2. At the mo, we don't let our cat in our bedroom coz I'm scared of him jumping in the travel cot with LO. However, he is always scratching our bedroom door to come in! This means that me or DH have to keep getting up to move him away from the door. If LO is in his own bedroom, we can leave our bedroom door open, and the cat can reclaim his place on our bed: no more scratching!
3. Me and DH have only had sex once in about the past 10 months...

Do I sound really selfish?

My concern is, LO's bedroom is cold! At the mo, it's 14.5c and the Gro Egg is blue. We can't put the radiator on, coz it's right next to the cot.

What do you think we should do? The GroBag website says that in a 16c room, babies should wear a long sleeve vest, a baby grow and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, but it's colder than that!

I'm stuck!

What would you do?

Xx

First of I don't think you are selfish at all!! As you say your LO is not benefiting from sleeping with you as he gets disturbed (alarm for ex), also I think if you feel ok with him being in another room it is also healthier for your relationship with your husband.

As for the temperature is there no way you could move the bed so that the radiator is not next to it? If not, can you adjust the intensity of the radiator? Or else, maybe get an electric heater and place it elsewhere in the room?

Sorry can't think of anything else. . ..

We bought an oil filled radiator so his room doesn't fall below 17.5 during the night, and he is in a 2.5 tog with a long sleeve vest. He has also been in his own room since he was 10 weeks old

We're putting Holly in her own room tonight, for exactly the same reasons as you! Even down to the cat scratching the door!! Holly's cot was originally next to the radiator but it's too cold in there to have it turned off, so I have moved her room around and squeezed her cot in somewhere not next to the radiator so we can heat the room. Good luck!! x

Can you move the crib away from the radiator?

We just moved Bella over 2 weeks ago and my hubby and I are loving our room to ourselves again *LOL*

We keep LO's room temp at 19 degrees at least.

We're putting Holly in her own room tonight, for exactly the same reasons as you! Even down to the cat scratching the door!! Holly's cot was originally next to the radiator but it's too cold in there to have it turned off, so I have moved her room around and squeezed her cot in somewhere not next to the radiator so we can heat the room. Good luck!! x

Ha ha - that's a bit spooky!
xx

Can you move the crib away from the radiator?

We just moved Bella over 2 weeks ago and my hubby and I are loving our room to ourselves again *LOL*

We keep LO's room temp at 19 degrees at least.

No, unfortunately :(. It's a really small room with fitted wardrobes; the cot literally will only fit where it is at the mo.
xx

Emzywemzy - I forgot to say GOOD LUCK to you for tonight!
xx

we've got a little electric heater in Lucy's room that keeps the temperature at 18 degrees all night (it's got an inbuilt thermostat), so she's nice and toasty :D

Could you sort of wedge a spare quilt between the cot and the radiator at all :shrug: y'know so the heat will still rise up but no burn risk?
We moved the boy into his own room at about 4 months, he HATED being in with us, HATED the moses basket, HATED any light being on :wacko:

He sleeps through all night in his cotbed (mostly apart from teething etc) but the nights where he has to come back in with us in the travel cot - if MIL staying :growlmad: he has a really unsettled night as do we :cry:

His room is colder but we are lucky with space and have moved the cot over and he also sleeps in a big fleecy job over his babygro and vest.

Do what is best for all of you as a family, this is one time when the 'guide'lines should be only that, a guide
:hugs:

We moved Emma into her own room at 6 months. DH is a very restless sleeper and she was often woken up by him. Also, Emma is a restless sleeper and we were often woken up by her! It got to the point that none of us were sleeping at all.

I presume that you cannot simply move the cot as that would be the easiest solution. We have a Delonghi oil heater in the conservatory that we use occasionally and that is really good. Maybe you could look at something like that? Ours has a timer on it so you could set it to keep the temperature steady through the night?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->