advice please

upsydaisy

Reaction score
my lo is 9weeks and b/f'ing has been a nightmare since the beginning, the OH and i have spoken and we think the best think to do is to go on to formula,
i'm so tired from the lack of sleep (she slept for 2 10min naps yesterday and eventualy feel asleep at midnight to 5:30 this morning), i feel as if my other daughter is being neglected,
what i want to get advice on is could i still try a couple of feeds with the breast and then top up? she will be mostly formula fed, i really dont want to pump any more, will i still produce enough milk, will i "dry up"? what would be the best feeds to give her? morning or night? could i go back to excluse b/f'ing?
sorry so many questions

I you still want her to have some breastmilk you need to get it out some way... If you dont do it regularly enough then it will dry up because there wont be the demand on your body to make it... So either pumping or BF would be needed to continue.

You can still top up with formula, a few women here have said it helps their babies sleep longer...

Good luck!

didn't want to read and run...

i'm hoping that by nine weeks 'it' gets better, or i will be doing as you are...:hugs:

I got loads of help from the lactation consultant from my hospital...

I use NUK bottles (supposed to have big teats to keep the baby used to having something big in their mouth) and she advised me to start with two formula feeds one late morning and one mid afternoon. And not to breastfeed at this time, just pump. I think they normally say to do one last thing at night but my wee man was ok at night that's why she told me two in the daytime.

I bought the Medela mini electric pump she advised, the hospital also lent me a big Medela pump (think it worth a couple of hundred pounds!)

I use Aptamil, never used anything else so can't compare it. GOOD LUCK!

I've been really struggling, and until I get my probs sorted I was just feeding once a day on each boob, and it's kept my milk there. Now I'm using a medela mini pump too, which is great. Still combining breast and bottle... tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, and feeding for as long as I can bear.... It's a nightmare, but I'm hoping that it get's easier. Although, if your still there at 9 weeks...... :( :(
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->