advice pls - which cars fit 3 child seats in back?

wishingonastar

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a small hatch and am due third baby in a week. My two other children are in high backed boosters and I will keep them in these for another good few years at least.

So I can't fit any other baby/child seat between them in current car. Has anyone got a car they can fit two high backed boosters with a rear facing seat or even three high backed boosters all along rear seat?

Pls comment with make and model and what car seats you have in there...a pic would be amazing pls!

Thanks x

Hi I've got a Citroen c4 grand Picasso. Currently have 2 high backed boosters (graco and a Cosatto zoomi 123) and a stage 1 car seat in the middle. All fit in just fine as the back seats are 3 individual seats! I did have a rear facing maxi Cosy cabriofix baby seat in before the stage 1 with a base and that fitted fine too. Love my car, it has 2 extra seats in the boot which I rarely use but gives me lots of space for the buggy etc x

Thank you that's really helpful as funnily enough we currently have both graco and zoomi seats...the zoomis seem quite wide compared to some others so good to know they'll fit. I was thinking it sounds like a picasso is the way forward.

I like scenic and thought they'd fit three seats but one of my friends said no and one said yes so I'm confused!

We had a scenic years ago, like a w reg and that took three car seats :)

I dunno what sort of cars you have there, but here a Toyota Camry fits 3 seats and has 3 proper seatbelts across the back.

Thanks...did it take three proper seats (not backless boosters)?

Yeah three normal seats :)

I drive a nissan almera tino atm and that would also take three seats. I think most medium - large mpvs will :) :thumbup:

I have c4 grand Picasso too. I have a high back booster. Extended rear facing seat and a forward facing one for a toddler all across the back......sometimes I even have all three different pram choices in my boot. There's plenty of space. I did look at the Ford s max but they are so much more expense

Would love the c4 grand Picasso! We have the older version (great for budget) Citroen xsara Picasso. We have high back, erf and group 0 car seats in the back. Comfy lumbar seats and massive boot, we have a Britax b dual which is fairly bulky and wide and fits fine. There's loads about so you can pick them up fairly cheap.

Thanks everyone that's really helpful...I suspect for budget reasons I'm looking at a xsara picasso as my car worth about 2k so I can't get newer one and definately no s max which I love!

I will see if I can try out a scenic seat wise though as a second option as they seem to sell cheaply too

I like that the picasso has 1.6 diesel for economy as I know some of the cars are so thirsty so I'm thinking if a petrol the most I'd go is 1.6

Not a car seat as such, and super pricey but look at this! Would be great for big families.

https://multimac.co.uk/home

We have the 1.6 petrol and is surprisingly cheap to run. I believe the 1.6 diesel has cruise control though.. My oh was disappointed that ours didn't.

I have a seat Alhambra now and it fits 3 in no bother. I only have one in a high back booster now as the other 2 are 14 & 12 but when they get to that age they still need roomy seats in the back as they are small adult sized!!

Yeah if you are on a budget you will always get more for your money if you buy French =) just be weary of any electrical issues. Happy hunting !! =)

I like seat alambhra but don't have anywhere to store the two extra seats as I understand they come out for you to use boot and they hold their value quite well...I have approx £2k to spend.

Same for galaxy!

Thinking french us the way forward but yeah the electrical does worry me as know scenic had major dash value and had replacements needed so I'll have to look into background and go for one with good history

Thanks everyone

I like seat alambhra but don't have anywhere to store the two extra seats as I understand they come out for you to use boot and they hold their value quite well...I have approx £2k to spend.

Same for galaxy!

Thinking french us the way forward but yeah the electrical does worry me as know scenic had major dash value and had replacements needed so I'll have to look into background and go for one with good history

Thanks everyone

Not they don't have to come out they fold flat in seconds! Mine is the newest model though (2013) so I'm not sure if older models were quite so versatile. Still with a your budget I would look into Renault scenic, Citroen Picasso, possibly some bigger diesel saloon models like the skoda superb - they don't have separate back seats but certainly are very roomy so may fit the bill.

I definitely would avoid french, it will cost more in long run and lose value. I picked up my old galaxy for 1500 and loved loved loved it. I now have a 2013 cmax, which is fab but wouldnt fit 3 backed seats without a squeeze. Galaxy was amazing

French has always been ok for me. I have just got rid of a 10 plate Peugeot partner (wheelchair accessible taxi) and replaced it with a brand new version of the same model. The previous one had almost 140k on the clock when I traded it in and had never given me any problems other than usual running costs which do get higher when you do high mileage but they are the same with any make.

We have a honda FRV and would be able to get 3 car seats in the back as it's quite wide.

Love galaxy but there's very few around in my budget and the ones that are seem to be really high mileage. I had a Citroën saxo years ago and it was fab with my only gripe being that the metal was very tinny and not solid sounding like other makes. Some french cars better than others and sometimes it's just luck of the draw!

I rate ford highly except I had a ford focus which I had nothing but problems with and just think it was bad luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->