advice =) re: walking

MissPiggy

Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep
Reaction score
Hey ive come over from baby club as i thought it might be better answered here =).
MY little man is 11months old and is becoming a very adept walker inside...when we're out he holds my hand...i let him out in a shop where my friend works today and bar him being a little 'i'll go wherever my feet take me' i was very surprised at how well he did without me....

I spose my question is, how do i stop holding on to him?? i worry about him falling over or the like xxxx

I still hold LO's hand if we're out and about other than maybe if it's a large open space like in the park I let him walk or run around and just keep a close eye on him.

If he does fall over it might knock his confidence a little bit but he'll soon be back to toddling around.

My LO has just started walking (ish) but not with a massive amount of confidence. As we are trying to encourage him to walk more we tend to let him loose once he has good balance and just be ready to catch him if he looks like he's going to fall.

It doesnt hurt them if the bump their bottom, just hurts their pride a little! :)

outside he tends to fall forwards which is more of a worry =/. I think y subconscious hating the fact he's too independant for my liking lol...i was thinking of getting some backpack reins but wasnt sure as walking around holding my hands is killing my back lol xx

^^^

LO fell flat on his face and bumped his head the first time I let him walk on his own without holding his hand outside. It did knock his confidence a little bit but he's completly fine now lol

I'd say just be really close by to catch him and as he gets steadier he'll get more confident

If he wants/needs to hold your hand, i'd let him. Especially in public places. They get overly confident at some point and will push your hand away to walk independently :) It's so funny how they feel grown up already :)

thankyou everyone =)

he's quite an independant little monkey....would try and let go of my hand before he had even taking his first steps haha!!

but thankyou, will just follow his lead i guess =) such a hard transition this baby to toddler thing! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->