AF cramps a week before AF due

Babydance1

Reaction score
So....no one reponded to my thread on 2WW so i decided to give it a go here...

I always get AF pains (pain in lower back which tend to shoot down to legs) one week before AF is due. I wanted to know if there are other ladies who experience this. Also I am having it again this cycle and wondering if this means I'm out and no BFP this cycle. Would love to hear from others with similar experience and also if those who have this went on to have a BFP.

I hope to get some replies here.....thanks in advance

i dont get pain down my legs but i get horrible back spasms were ill move or turn and almost start crying ive had it since i got my epidural with my son

Thanks Katlin for your response. I also had an epidural with my son 5 1/2 years ago and this started after that....

its not uncommon and in my case i had a crappy doctor who did it it took him 4 tries to get the damn thing in. I dont regret it but i cant say im happy with the results now. My doctor said its not an uncommon complaint either it can be from them damaging the vertabre or cord

wow...thats so wierd coz i was in the same boat, it took awhile for him to inject me and you wont beleiev they did it when i was 9 cm dilated :(

This meant I had a hard time with pushing and it took me 5 hours to push the baby out....I really regret the epidural....I still felt the pain and I was better off without since if I was able to bear the pain till 9cm...Im sure I could have survived without it....and to make matters worse...the epidural caused a negative reaction to my body and I ended up with high fever and convulsions and baby went into distress....I would not have the epidural next time round....

i agree babydance1- i was also given an epidural at 9 cm-my son was back to back, but it did more harm than good! 20months on my back is much better, but i had excruciating pains in the spot where the epidural was done for 18months after.
with both of my previous pregnancies i felt as if i was going to come on- and experienced AF symptoms until i got a bfp- hope this helps xx

I used to start getting signs my period was due but the month I got pregnant the month I started taking B6 100MG to lengthen my luteal phase. The first month on B6 and I got my BFP and no period signs at all a week before and it took me a week to get a positive on a test.

I too had an epidural at 9cm due to a back to back birth, didn't have anything until 7cm. Took 19 mins to push baby out and fortunatley I have not had a bad back or any relating pains since a week after the birth.

I hope it sorts its self out!!

i got my epi at 6cm but i was induced and went straight into hard labour cause they gave me to high of a dose but i held out 7 hours out of 11 but if i hadnt gotten an epidural i would have had an emergency csection cause i kept blacking out from the pain

So AF is due tomorrow and last night I took an IC at 12 dpo and not using FMU and got a very, very faint BFP. I really hope this is not an evap line (I have never gotten one before)....
My temps are still high but tomorrrows temp will confirm if AF will come or not....if temps stay up I will test again....FX'ed

Babydust to all!!!!

wow...thats so wierd coz i was in the same boat, it took awhile for him to inject me and you wont beleiev they did it when i was 9 cm dilated :(

This meant I had a hard time with pushing and it took me 5 hours to push the baby out....I really regret the epidural....I still felt the pain and I was better off without since if I was able to bear the pain till 9cm...Im sure I could have survived without it....and to make matters worse...the epidural caused a negative reaction to my body and I ended up with high fever and convulsions and baby went into distress....I would not have the epidural next time round....

Wow, that has law suit written all over it... you should seek legal advice, especially if you are still experiencing pain!

They gave you epidurals at 9cm? I went without the epidural and the pain doesn't get any worse. If you are coping at 9cm, you really don't need one. The absolute hardest part was not pushing during transition when I felt the urge because they wanted me to wait. Once it got to pushing, it was all downhill.

Are you talking about sciatica?
I get pains in my lower back, just on my left side, shooting down my left leg. I did have an epidural with my son, but I don't think the pain was related to that, since it started when I was a teenager. I get it just about every single month with PMS.
But it was also possibly my WORST early pregnancy symptom. I couldn't even walk sometimes, it was so bad.
So FX for you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->