AF due 8/22 ~ anyone else just kicking off their TWW?

Not sure if this is quite where to post but I figured I'd go ahead and try. Not TTC but talked about it, we decided to wait mainly for financial reasons. But lo and behold here I am, some crazy combination of terrified and hopeful (though I think my boyfriend is leaning more on the terrified side than I am). AF is due on the 22nd so I've convinced myself to wait until then before convincing myself of anything, but I have this gut feeling that won't go away. I'm nauseous on and off, head and back achey, exhausted, and all of a sudden the smell of melting cheese makes me sick. I just feel very off. Very different from how I normally do this time of the month, and I can't shake the nagging feeling that I'm in for a bigger surprise than expected for my birthday next week.

LykaWolf, how far in the future had you planned on waiting before TTC?

About a year ago, I had ended up passing a small kidney stone that led to all sorts of strange symptoms; Mid cycle spotting, cramps, all sorts of unusual things. I was convinced I was pregnant. I took a test the day before AF was due and it was a BFN. AF came as expected the following day.

Obviously I don't wish any other underlying illness upon you, but there's always a chance they could be caused by something else. :)

Either way, wishing you the result that you'd like to see in 2 days!

Nothing's set in stone but we talked about maybe a year. It would really come down to a handful of variables, of course. Our savings aren't where we'd ideally like them to be but if I am pregnant we'll make it work. We've been pretty good at somehow pulling the money we need out of somewhere in a couple situations in the past.

That's good to know there are other possible explanations, not that I'd exactly prefer a kidney stone XD I'm trying not to get too convinced or worked up or anything yet. I'll let myself celebrate and/or panic (I havent yet decided which is more likely, honestly) when I know for sure.

So sorry about the negative, Annaisamama. <3 Wishing you lots of luck that it was just a late implantation and that you'll get a positive soon.

I wasn't able to pinpoint my exact ovulation date this month, despite getting a positive OPK on my expected O day... so I could be anywhere from 0-1dpo to 6dpo, and it's driving me crazy!

I'm probably going to take an IC this coming Wed and Thu on (hopefully) 10 and 11dpo, and a FRER on Fri 12dpo. Of course, I could still only be as early 5dpo by Friday if I only ovulated recently.

AF is expected anywhere from Aug 28 - Sep 2. D;

Thank you! I'm not too hopeful. I've been cramping for two days and temp dropped today as well. I hope for a miracle regardless!

Congratulations Kuji!! So happy for you :) Share your FRER progress or outcome of the digi!

@Anna, I'm not seeing anything on that test. You're not out until AF comes, and like Nenna said it could have been later implantation.

@ Nenna, you have way more self control than me! I took tests starting at like 5DPO, lol. GL & FX!

Lyka, sometimes you just have that feeling. This cycle I felt like something was different and I had some different symptoms early on. But, like I said earlier.. I have no patience so I couldn't wait to test at ALL. lol

@Mina Maybe I'm right then. I don't know. I'm one of those people who really trusts my instincts and they've been bugging me lately. A good friend of mine who just had a little girl has been my sounding board for a couple days and she said she had a similar feeling right before she found out. But we'll see what happens

I had a weird feeling after like 5DPO, I had a crazy dream and also the weirdest feeling. After that, I just didn't feel like I normally do during my TWW. Then I got my BFP at 10DPO. :)

I've had a couple crazy dreams, too. We've had a couple false alarms before and they just didn't feel like this. I don't feel like normal, that's the only way I can put it.

Congrats on your BFP!

ty!! Well keep us posted especially when you test! hoping for a BFP

I will! I'm hoping, too, actually, now that I'm through the initial freaking out part. A little (lot) scared for it but I feel like that's probably completely normal. At this point I'm mostly worried about my boyfriend and parents' reactions if we do get one. He's been more panicky than me and considering how unhappy my parents were when my older sister got unexpectedly pregnant at about 6 months older than I am now I'm a little nervous about all that. But I'm hopeful it'll all work out okay

Finally did the frer and digi! It's as official as it gets lol!

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/TongXianTian/20170820_113838.jpg~original

Yay so exciting!!! We'll be bump buddies. :) I'm so jealous that everyone has the clear blue with week estimator... They stopped selling them here.

Oh awesome!!
Yeah I heard they're still unavailable in the US. There's always some greedy person who has to ruin things for everyone else :/ The lawsuit is honestly just stupid.

Yeah, but people don't read and the US is litigation prone. :( But, FRER will do the trick. Just have to take a lot more of them lol

Caved and got a test, because I'm impatient. BFN but I still have a couple days until AF is due so I'm not convinced yet.

OMG I have exciting news!!

I got a 2nd set of positive OPKs! It is 7 days later than my last positive, with many negatives over the past 6 days. I believe my body geared up to O last week, but failed to do so and is attempting to do so again. It would match up with my EWCM and lack of obvious temp shift.

I have my full cycle details in this thread here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...lback-rise-not-yet-ovulated.html#post38545741

I'm sad to begin the TWW back at day 1, but so happy to feel like I have a solid chance again this cycle! Was not expecting to see the positive!

13 DPO today. No period yet. Just mild cramping the last few days. Temp dropped only SLIGHTLY. If I don't get my period Wednesday I'm gonna test again, but I just feel like it's on the way.

Couldn't wait for missed period. Took a test tonight. BFN. I'm just so bummed, and I want my period to show up now so I can start all of this over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->