AF is late; shadowy lines; positive OPKs but nothing determinative

calyk

Reaction score
I'm 32. No kids, never pregnant. I have tracked my cycles for years to avoid pregnancy as I didn't want to use hormonal BC, etc.

For years, I have always ovulated between day 16 and 19 and have had a 13-day luteal phase. I temped for a while but have mainly been relying on OPKs to identify my fertile window and breast soreness as confirmation of ovulation since my breasts ALWAYS hurt several days to a week after ovulation--no exceptions.

My last AF was on 9/1. I got positive OPKs on 9/15 and 9/16. So, even if I say 1DPO was 9/18, I am now a day late for AF, which has never happened.

I was careless on 9/15 and had unprotected sex with my regular partner. [I had condoms ready to go and told him we needed to use them because I was fertile...but he said "later when I'm closer..." I said, "But what about precum?" (No response...activity continued.)] My bad. Ha ha. While he definitely did not ejaculate directly in my vag (sorry--LOL), there was definitely ejaculate in the vicinity, and (sorry again) I was very wet, so I suppose it's remotely possible for some :spermy: to make its way in.

About a week later, I had a random wave of nausea and started getting paranoid. I also noticed that I was having way more tummy issues than usual. So I started POASing. Nothing on an HPT. So for kicks, I used an OPK--very positive. I actually felt relieved thinking maybe I hadn't ovulated when I thought and was going to ovulate late (at a safer time). But then my breasts developed their characteristic post-ovulation soreness at a time which was consistent with actually having ovulated when initially indicated by the first OPKs. AND...now the OPKs have pretty much stayed positive for the past week. The first LH pic is from 9/30 (13DPO). The second LH pic is from this morning (15DPO, AF+1). While the intensity fluctuates with the time of the day, they have all been pretty much the same as the control line or darker than the control line.

I have taken tons of HPTs, and most of them have just looked "shadowy" and completely indeterminate. I got some faint lines after the time limit on Dollar Store tests (the clearest one is the last pic attached), but everything else has just been very shadowy and more frustrating than anything.

I went and got a blood test yesterday and am awaiting those results. If I am pregnant, I'd expect it to be more obvious on tests at this point.

Thoughts? Just paranoid? Pregnant? Chemical? I am so unnerved by this whole thing. :-/ While the timing and situation wouldn't be ideal, I'm 32 and am stable, etc., so it wouldn't be the end of the world, either. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3002 (2).jpg
    IMG_3002 (2).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ctp-187649-1412152701.jpg
    ctp-187649-1412152701.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online