AF makes me so sad

cheekylupita

Reaction score
Do any of you ladies have advice for dealing with the arrival of AF? I feel so devastated this time. I don't want to be this sad, crying, miserable woman, but this time I am. I feel awful too, because DH knows/sees how sad I am, and he tries so hard to cheer me up, but I know it weighs on him too. I turned 31 last week and maybe that's why AF's arrival is hitting me so hard. I'm trying to give myself the time to cry it out, but it doesn't seem to help.

It's been a year of trying, with one miscarriage. I do believe it will happen one day, I'm just having a hard time with patience. At least I waited out last cycle without wasting money on tests. I just felt like I had convinced myself I was pregnant. I don't know if I'll temp this cycle, and give myself a break.

Sigh.

Thank you for reading.

Do any of you ladies have advice for dealing with the arrival of AF? I feel so devastated this time. I don't want to be this sad, crying, miserable woman, but this time I am. I feel awful too, because DH knows/sees how sad I am, and he tries so hard to cheer me up, but I know it weighs on him too. I turned 31 last week and maybe that's why AF's arrival is hitting me so hard. I'm trying to give myself the time to cry it out, but it doesn't seem to help.

It's been a year of trying, with one miscarriage. I do believe it will happen one day, I'm just having a hard time with patience. At least I waited out last cycle without wasting money on tests. I just felt like I had convinced myself I was pregnant. I don't know if I'll temp this cycle, and give myself a break.

Sigh.

Thank you for reading.

Look at it this way, I'm going on 3 months of no AF, once I'm officially 3 months late, my OBGYN is going to need to give me meds that force a period.

We did a sonogram a week or so ago, and my uterus is complete empty, so it's not a miscarriage, missed miscarriage, or ectopic pregnancy.

I just came off birth control almost 4 months ago, my first month was normal, these last three, not so much.

AF may make you sad, and it's hard, but that means you're regular and it could happen at anytime.

Just keep moving forward, and looking at all your options, if you don't conceive within a reasonable time frame you set for yourself.

I'm 23 btw, so it's not menopause I'm going through. It's called an anovulatory cycle. :/

I'm so sorry for your loss, it can be harder to conceive in your 30s but it's still very much possible.

My OB recommends not BDing until you get a positive Opk or know you're ovulating, then to do it every day after. Keep your hips elevated after sex, for like 10-30 minutes, and use fertility lube and positions.

Not at all guaranteed, but it's something helpful to try, if you haven't already.

I hope you get your rainbow soon!

AF makes me emotional in general. Sometimes I can be a bit of a witch myself but sometimes it makes me weepy too, even more so now that I'm ttc. At first she just seems to bring nothing but disappointment. I usually give myself a day or two to wallow a bit but after that I move on. Each cycle brings new hope and so I try to focus on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->