Afraid to have an oopsie as people might think you did it on purpose?

Eline

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has this. Even though my biological clock is ticking and I would be very happy if I got pregnant right now, I do understand why we are waiting to try and I'm ok with it.
But now I'm afraid I would get pregnant by accident and people would think I did it on purpose. I'm not too good at making sure I take my pill on time, and the last six months I think I forgot to take my pill at least three times. I always follow 'what to do if you miss a dose', but still I worry. Although I do want a pregnancy, I would feel like I betrayed my OH if I got pregnant now.
So as a reaction I notice I'm always clearly pointing out to my OH when I have my period (which only lasts two days since I'm on the pill) and I often make a remark out loud when taking my pill. :dohh:

I worry too, I occasionally forget to take mine, and I always make sure I tell OH so he's 'aware' I know it's rate that it can happen. But I still think ooh what if, then feel guilty about it

My OH wouldn't think I'd done it on purpose, but would blame me I expect!!

How about having the pill injection or implant then all you need to worry about are condoms?

Even if it were to happen, it would only matter what you and your OH thought. Don't worry about other people.

I no what you mean. all my friends and family are just waiting for us to have kids. But I would be waiting for bfs mum to give me a mouthful about tricking her son!
But at the end of the day who cares! You know the truth! So who cares about gossip!

Don't worry about what people think, if it happens it's meant to be in my opinion, other people don't have to raise your child, so if your ok with it then I wouldn't worry :)

the only people whos opinion matters is yours and ohs! sack everyone else off!
i always make sure my oh is fully informed of the situation re birth control so it cant be blamed on anyone

How about having the pill injection or implant then all you need to worry about are condoms?

Even if it were to happen, it would only matter what you and your OH thought. Don't worry about other people.

This is exactly what I was going to say-get the contraceptive injection.

:)

sod what other people think! the only people who matter are you & OH :hugs:

i know a few people have said go on the injection but i personally wouldnt, takes too long to get out of your system when you do want to ttc

I had trouble remembering my pill. It also gave me way too much trouble. I switched to Nuva ring and I love it. It has to be kept in the fridge. It can be expensive depending on your insurance and how you acquire it. It is uncomfortable for the first few weeks. It is easier to get an infection with it. So you have to be very clean. I use a cup for the dreaded AF. So I've had some practice with that. The soaps you use for cups are also good for the ring. The good parts are that it is not hard to remember. I keep reminders in my calendar on my phone. It is not usually uncomfortable for your partner. It has less side effects for women who don't handle the pill well. It is a constant flow of BC without relying on you to take it on time. You can get it in packs of three.

I worry about this with my DH. Although we have agreed to have more like you I also understand why we're waiting.

And like you I always point it out! I take my pill before bed and I always make a show of rustling the packet and yawning after so he knows I have actually swallowed it :rofl:

It does make me a bit resentful though if I'm honest.

I know the feeling.
I´m ready to try for baby #2 right now, OH isn´t. He wants to wait 1-2 more years before starting to try. (our boy is 9 months old).

Funny thing though, I´ve been talking about this with people that OH doesn´t know, and all the men (with 3-4 kids) tell me "well now, it´s really not his decision though, is it?"

Such a strange thing to come from the mouths of men, right?

I´m going to have a serious chat with OH after the new years, to let him know how much I want to have a second child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->