After BCP...

amslou

TTC No2
Reaction score
I am sure this has been done before but i was just wondering with everyone who took BCP before TTC, how long did it take before you got AF back and which type/ brand of pill were you taking?

I have 16 days to go on cerezette before TTC and have heard many bad things about that but just wondered what other people's experiences were like with the same and different BCP?

Amslou

I was on Micronor A mini pill rather than combined type and other than stronger cramps than usual everything seems to have carried on as normal for me. But with the mini pill you don't have a 7 day break and your period just comes like normal so maybe there is less messing with the ol' hormones???

Two and a half months and I was on Zovia. Sometimes it can take a few months to get AF back on track. Good luck!

Cerezette also is the mini pill it is taken constantly. Most people dont have periods on this at all some people have one every 2 weeks for 2 weeks (my sister had this didnt stay on it very long though and i dont blame her) and I tend to have nothing for 3 months then have af for a week, week off and then af for a week again. I have read about some people coming off cerezette and its been over a year before af has come back which is a nightmare if ur wanting to ttc. I am glad that yours carried on as normal hopefully you will get :bfp: v soon.

I was on Cilest and got AF 31 days after coming off, was every 30 days whilst on BCP.

I was really pleased that it came just about on time on month 1 but it has been downhill from there and totally irregular :hissy:

I was on Marvelon, I finished taking my pill on the sunday night & AF came on the saturday which lasted about 5 days then it was 32 days till AF showed up again so not too bad x

on Marvelon for 5 years, came off it and got AF back no problem - my problem seems to be with only having anovulatory cycles since she came back. Sigh. But I'm 34. Twas a whole different ballgame when I started the pill at 28!!!

Good luck!
A.

I am sorry to hear about anovulatory cycles its not very helpful in ttc i hope you start to ovulate soon.

I was on Dianette. Came off it 14 months ago and had no af for 5 months!!

Been totally irregular since then, cycles ranging between 31 days and 140 days! Absolute nightmare

I hope things work out better for you x

Hi amslou, I was on cerazette for four years and never had a single AF in all that time. However, I came off it to TTC and had my first AF 28 days later and then got my BFP on cycle 3. So don't believe all the bad stories you read!

Hi Amslou, I was on the BCP Femodene for 15 years and my period came back straight away as if I was never on it although my cycles were slightly longer at around 33/34 days. After a year though I am now on a regular 27/28 day cycle. Although we are still trying to conceive after 2 years and no joy yet !! I am sure being on the pill and my age (34) has something to do with the length of time it's taking.

Good luck :hugs:

on Marvelon for 5 years, came off it and got AF back no problem - my problem seems to be with only having anovulatory cycles since she came back. Sigh. But I'm 34. Twas a whole different ballgame when I started the pill at 28!!!

Good luck!
A.

that's scared me cos i have come off marvelon and had a normal length cycle last month, BD at the right times and ended up with a negative so i'm wondering of its affected my ovulation too :(

Hi I have been on logynon( or how ever you spell it lol) for a year after my op and I came off it 3 months ago. My cycle is all over the place and getting longer every month(32-36 days).
I have been taking ovulation test but nothing each month. they do say that it takes 3 months for your body to regulate itself. I do have PCOS so that might have something to do with it. I do have AF every month so not too bad. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Think positive all will be ok for you xx

I've been on Microgynon 30 for around 8 years, came off it in May. My period returned within a month, however they're very irregular. At the moment I'm on my longest cycle so far, CD78.

I've been using OPK's for the last couple of weeks, and not had any positives yet. Been spotting for ages now, so expecting AF due any day now ... without having ovulated.

I was on microgynon 30 for around 7 years and just came off it last month! I had my withdrawal bleed as usual, but Im now on cd 37 and still no AF, although I have been having quite a bit of brownish discharge this last week, so not sure if that is supposed to be my period?!? I know it can take a while for your body to get back to normal, but i know quite a few people who have fallen straight away, so its not all bad!

Good luck x

Came off my pill July 08. Withdrawl bleed 18 days later. First cycle was 50 days.
was on this pill for 13 years. Brand was Orthocept.

Definately mixed responses then. Probably more a case of wait and see.

I was wondering if it might be a good idea to get an ovulation test to see if and when things do return to normal. Dont think i can afford to buy enough to keep testing for a month though never mind 3. Thought about the saliva test but i have heard its not very good.

Hi, I'm coming out of lurk mode for this one :D

I've recently come off cerazette, got AF 32 days later which is my usual cycle length. I didn't wait until the end of the pack, you can stop cerazette anytime as it's the minipill.

HTH :)

Hi, I'm coming out of lurk mode for this one :D

I've recently come off cerazette, got AF 32 days later which is my usual cycle length. I didn't wait until the end of the pack, you can stop cerazette anytime as it's the minipill.

HTH :)

Hey, Yeah i'm not waiting just cos i have them left. Decided i didnt want to risk a visit from :witch: on my wedding aniversary. going away for it too so just wanted to get it out of the way first. The last pack i have runs out the day i come back so figured it was great timing. Would have stopped about 3 months ago otherwise but this way i know whats goin on.

I was on microgynon and then eugynon i think it is? for 7 yrs. I had my first af about 31 days after stopping my pill, my next cycle was 29 days and i fell pregnant in my third cycle with my dd who is now 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->