After you get BFP, what's next?

lapanm07

Expecting #1
Reaction score
Sorry this is prolly a dumb question, but when you do get a BFP who do you call? Do I call and make an appt with my family doctor (General practitioner) or get a hold of the OBGYN area?

I called my medical centre and they booked me an appointment with the midwife. x

In the UK you book to see a midwife at 8 weeks pregnant!

Through my insurance, I was told that if I have a obgyn that I've gone to before, I can just go to her. Otherwise, I make an appointment with my general practitioner and they'll refer me to an obgyn.

It depends on how your insurance works. Mine allows for self-referral to OBGYN providers, so I called and set up an appointment with an OB, and have just been seeing them since.

I would call and schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. FYI sometimes they will not see someone until 8 weeks so don't be discouraged or frustrated if that is the case and your appointment seems ages away.
I would look into what your insurance covers as well at some point in the near future just so you dont get any surprises. Some insurances cover 100% of everything with no co-pays or bills at all during pregnancy. Some bill globally where you get the pregnancy bill with all of the co-pays at the end in a lump sum. Good luck and congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->