Against The 'Rules' - Confess

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well theres alsorts of do it this way - don't do it that way & some just are not realistic or are in place because there is people unsensible - Like not shaking & checking temp temp of bottles heated in the microwave (the centre heats up more).

So I'm wondering what 'rules' you break!

*I'm considering microwaving bottles - Noticed Caitlins Nan said she did when she stayed with her & others here say it. The jug & the bottle warmer seem a pain in bump as the bottle is fuller (thanks though Rachie :blush:...)

*Medised - After the recent news me & OH have decided we will use it if we feel we should. We use it sparingly (sp?) shes NEVER had more than 2.5ml in 24 hours (well lots more in fact) never mind 5ml every 4 hours (was it 4) as it was stating on bottle.

*Making up 24 hours bottle or bottles in advance (with formula) - We've done it a handful of times although not 24 hours worth just 12.

i'm not sure i'm guessing its a pain relief medicine we dont have it in australia

Oooh i break rules all the time :)
1 point i would like to make though is that the "rules" for formula making have changed loads since i had Emily, so i did the same for Jack and neither of them have been ill with tummy upsets
I've always made my bottles in advance and fridges them, if i was going out i would make a hot one and let it cool as we were out and about

I think the Medised thing is silly, it's just because a few parents dose tinys up to their eyeballs!!!

As Jack got older i micro'd bottles as long as you do it in short spurts and shake well, not a problem really, again i think just a few dumb people

Also i give my children chocolate just beacuse for :shock: :lol:

I'm sure i have more but it's early :)

i brake loads of rules!

rhys has always slept on his tummy from 4 days old
i used to make up 12 hours worth of bottles in advance, although ive never mircowaved them
rhys occasionally has mcdonalds, coke and chocolate

im sure ill think of more...

I microwave bottles as warming up 9oz bottle takes the micky!
I also make up bottles in advance & put them in the fridge - so much more easier & time consuming.
I dont give medised unless really needed and even then its only 2.5ml.
Ermmm ive probably broken more, oh yes my LO has had chocolate lol,he also sleeps in bed with me,im sure theres more too.
i dont always go by the rules i go with what i think is best for my baby xx

oh here we go lol!!

i microwaved bottles...
my children eat chocolate/sweets
macdonalds/burger king/ kfc as a treat..
i will still use medised..
i swear infront of my kids(and yes it has been repeated!)

sure theres loads more as well :rofl:

All i'm sayin is how many babies will wait til 6months for solids i know Kieran didn't and i'm sure Paige won't, 10 years ago when my sis had her first she was told to wean at 14wks, loads of people i know weaned before 6months x x

Wow @ 14 weeks

Thinsg are so different now - I know esspecially because of the way my Aunt talks including rusks which are now in this day not recommened until I think it was 8/9 months!

i didnt wait until 6 months, Mase was about 20 weeks when we started and he didnt like baby rice so started on rusk! lol

I am the worst!

I started weaning Juleika without consulting the HV before!

but well, she has doubled her birth weight, she still drinks loads from the breast, she looks round and chubby, she eats so far everything I give her and I apparently give her very small portions only once a day. so it's more for her to experience the different tastes and getting her used to different textures ;)

Well i always make up bottles in advance, sooooo much easier.
i occasionally microwave them, specially is callum is starving!!!
and i started weaning him at 16wks, he was starvin ALL THE TIME.

there are rules???????????? I am on my 4th baby and I just make it up as I go along - then i tell dh etc the way to do it in an authoritive voice and it is the gospel according to me. Seriously i have
always made 24 hrs of bottles - not put in fridge - so they will accept them at room temp - far easier when out and about
if warming - ALWAYS used micro
Spoonfed ds2 at 10 weeks
let all my babies sleep with me - we dont drink alchohol etc
cursed in front of them
offered them all dummies
given little bits of choc.
NEVER stuck to the magic 4 day rule for weaning (only discovered it last week)
LIED to my HV - its easier to tell her what she wants to hear lol
BUT its not all bad - i've kept the basice rule - LOVE THEM LOTS :hugs:

I've always made my bottles in advance and fridges them, if i was going out i would make a hot one and let it cool as we were out and about

^I do the same but dont put the formula in until he eats
I microwave bottles
He sleeps in bed with me
I give him baby juice already
I've given him baby tylenol.. although the smallest dose and only until my pediatrician advised me not too (although I never told her I did, I just asked if I could.. after I had already done it :dohh:)
I already have baby cereal and plan on starting it soon
I will wean ALOT earlier than 6 months.. probably 3-4. Everyone in my family has been weaned early and they are all fine and dandy. My cousin, who is 10 months now, started getting small amounts of puree at 2 months!

I make my own rules, so I don't technically break any. ;)

The "rules" i've broken:
Microwaving bottles
24 hours of milk made up and stored in the fridge
Feeding her purees at 3-4 months

Think thats it..

All i'm sayin is how many babies will wait til 6months for solids i know Kieran didn't and i'm sure Paige won't, 10 years ago when my sis had her first she was told to wean at 14wks, loads of people i know weaned before 6months x x

My friend weaned hers at 14 weeks. Not completely, but she'd give him bits and pieces now and then.

there are rules???????????? I am on my 4th baby and I just make it up as I go along - then i tell dh etc the way to do it in an authoritive voice and it is the gospel according to me.

LOL, that made me laugh now :hi:

Jacob sleeps on his front (or else he doesn't sleep), used a dummy from about 3 weeks.

Has anyone tried feeding formula at room temperature? It's not as quick as ready made bottles, but we tried it with Jacob and he'll drink it at any temperature so when we go out, we've got bottles of room temp boiled water that we just need to add formula to. No need to worry about heating bottles up if we're out and about (or even if he's screaming his head off at home!).

Seen a few girls say they do feeds at room temp :D

and I nap on the sofa together wit her!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->