Against The 'Rules' - Confess

Oh yes, I did the napping with Bethanie from about 1 month. I was very careful though - positioned myself so I couldn't roll on her, higher than me, slept in an uncomfortable position so that id wake if she moved lol.

:baby::blush:

Well, I do a few of those mentionned above...

I make 24 hours worth of bottles and keep them in the fridge. Done it from the beginning, actually. Simon is fine and never had any colic or pains.

I also didn't sterilize everything every day. When using something new I did for sure, but then sterilized bottles and things once a week and then less often as he was growing up. He's never seemed to suffer from it. With a cat and dog in the house, he's bound to get more germs from them, I'm sure.

I stopped boiling his water for formula around 6 months old. I recently heard you had to always boil water for formula... Wonder why I never knew this...

I recently have begun microwaving a bottle once in a while if I feel lazy or in a hurry for his feeding.

We've napped together in bed a few mornings after OH brought him to me before going to work. It's not my fault if he falls back asleep! ;)

But today I broke a big one: Simon had his first taste of soft-serve vanilla ice-cream! We should wait 'til 12 months, but he's 8 1/2... OH and I we're having some and he was actually drooling watching us. He was too cute! He only had about 1/2 teaspoon, but I still felt like I was going against the oh! so mighty rules to motherhood! I could actually see that chart on my fridge where ice-cream comes at a year old... ;)

But hey, he's loved and well taken care of... except for those few little details!

I gave Caitlin a small bit of bread yesterday was well funny at one point she shoved it all in her mouth then looked :shock: and ready to cry - I had to take it out! But she enjoyed it. Not sure from that as she was sucking away on it naturally if shes ready to start weaning!

Make you feel normal? :lol:

My head was starting to go whizzy over all the DO NOT stuff!

wobbles this is such a funny thread, we see all these rules and its nice to know that ure not a horrible crazy woman if you dont do exactly what ppl tell you

I'd go ahead with that Wobbles, this is a great thread :)

I sleep with Anna in the bed sometimes - some nurses are so strict about this, but we both sleep so much better if she's in with us; I wake up sometimes and find she's just latched onto me herself while we've been sleeping! lol If I try to put her down she wakes up straight away and starts crying - she's just so much happier being held or laying next to us, so seems silly to both lose sleep with me trying to get her to sleep in her own bed - we'll work on that when she's a bit older, I think - I expect to have her out of our bed by about 4/5 months when we start her on some kind of routine.

Both mine have slept with me, the night paige was born she didn't sleep for the first six hours of her life and the midwife actually suggested that she lie next to me and get her to sleep that way (she positioned a high back chair next to the bed.) But it didn't work and by 5am i was knackered (been up since the previous mornin with a hyperactive toddler) so i took her to the healthcare assistant and said you get her to sleep (bad mummy) they were happy to do so, i had an hour and half sleep and the women brought her back and woke me up to tell me she was asleep- GREAT but i was now awake!! Paige slept rite thru until 2pm!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->