Age 3-5 what time do they go to bed?

Just wondering what time everyone puts their 3-5 yr olds to bed?
And what time do they generally get up in the morning.

I take Ewan up to bed at 7.30 so once he is washed and changed its probably nearer to 8.

He gets up at about, 6.30 if his dad is off to work at that time as all the movement wakes people up.
Or other days it can be 8ish.

What a good thread - it's really interesting to see everyone's routines.

Freya is 3.5. For probably a year now she's been going to bed at around 7.30. We try to have dinner together most nights, then it's bath time, a little bit of telly or quiet play with Mum and/or Dad, then off to bed for stories. Her light goes out at 8.
I have to wake her at 7am during the week, and on weekends she sleeps till 7.30, 8ish.
Works for us.

oh i agree very interesting and good thread. I think it helps us moms seeing other people's routine because then we can try them and make ours better if need be.

Cyan is 4, and she goes to bed between 7:30 and 8. I wake her up at 7:30 every morning for school. She is always tired, so I try to put her to bed at a decent hours. Even on weekends she goes to bed at the same time, the routine works for us.

Its always good when you have a rountine.. lol My little one is 18 months and he goes to daycare so when he comes home he is wiped out so he will go to bed around 7 pm and my oldest will go to bed around 8:30 now, he is just hooked on games and now he has discovered some new sites to add to the webkinz one that is on and let me just say i don't hear a peep out of him for that hour he is playing, lol.....

Our girls go to bed about 8:15/8:30. If they take a nap in the afternoon, then they chat to 9:15p. They wake up about 7:15.

My son has since he was a baby, been a night owl. He's now 5. If he goes to sleep at 8 p.m., he will awake at 10 and be up until 1 or 2.

So, he usually falls asleep around 10 p.m. Makes for tiring nights and lack of OH time.

Hoping that once he is in school full time this will change.

William is the EXACT same way, it can be very frustrating, and it deffinetly means absolutley no me time or OH time, because by the time he finally passes out then I am ready for bed too, and then he wakes up early in the morning, so I dont even get any time in the morning to myself.

I know this might sound crazy, but try putting him to bed far earlier. Like if he's put to bed at 8, and having night waking, try 7. My son was like this, and an earlier bedtime did wonders. He'd stay asleep all night, and even sleep in longer. Went from sleeping about 8hrs a night to 11ish, and his whole temperment improved, as did his development for speech and motor skills.

Josh is 3 1/2 & goes to bed around 7.30 depending how tired he is & how stressed i am lol He likes a story or a dvd on, So sometimes he goes a little earlier & has a film on. But he's usually asleep by 8. He wakes up around 7 - 7.30 am ish. He rarely wakes during the night unless he's poorly, He used to wake to go the toilet but i stopped drinks after 6pm & he has a wee before bed & now goes all night without waking for the loo ..much better! :)

my son goes to bed at 8pm. if i put him any earlier he wakes up within an hour and wont go bk to sleep,so 8 works 4 me! lol

my DD is 4yo and she goes to bed at 8.30pm. Any earlier and shes up before the sun :o

all of my kids we set down the lights at 6 theyll watch bedtime hour on cebeebies after there bath then theyll fall asleep within 2mins of the story end show so i get to watch my hollyoaks and eastenders in peace ahhhhhhhh lovely lovely bedtime I LOVE IT i wake up and think "i cant wait till bed time "lol sounds bad but its true there such a hand full and they have no naps at all!!!!:blush:

Abbie goes to bed around eight (she's six), but when she hasn't got school i let her stay up until she wants to go to bed (within reason of course). She normally wakes up around seven/half seven, it's not very often i have to wake her up for school.

Our Lil Girl is 5, she goes up at 7.30, she washes, brushes teeth, pj's on. I then read her a bedtime story, which brings us to about 8/8.10.
She gets up bout 7ish xx

Josh likes a bath in the morning,so doesn't have one before bed.He's 3 1/2, He goes bed at 7 if watching a dvd 1st , or he'll go between 7.30-8pm without a dvd but depending how tired he is i can usually hear him messing about for half hour . He wakes around 7-7.30ish, occasionally getting 8ish . He very rarely wakes during night, but he does sometimes shout out in his sleep lol

My girls are pretty well behaved at bedtimes, they are 3 and 5 and go to bed at 6:30/6:45pm and we have to wake them at 7am weekdays! They obviously like their sleep!

Mine go at about 7-7.30pm and are usually up between 6 and 7am but lucky for me they were up at 5.15 this morning...

i have a 4 year old and a 6 tear old and until recently it was 7 they went to bed but they were not goin to sleep for over an hour after they went to bed so have now stretched it out until 8 and they have been so much better. they usually get up anytime between 7 and 8 or if my 4 year old gets the muchies early in the morning he will get up himself and help himself to snacks from the kitchen cupboards. little rascal lol.

Mine always used to go to bed at 7.30, we've up to to 8pm now. He's 12 btw

All three of my girls go to bed at 7pm. My 4 year old, Emily, will lie in bed and look at a book till about 7:30pm. She doesn't wake up until 7:30 - 8am.

Tyler goes about 8pm - he's always been a night owl! Although he does sleep through until 7/8am :)

My step-daughter goes to bed at 8 with a story (or 2, or 3) and is up by 6.30-7ish. At mine I get another hour out of her by letting her get in bed with me once Daddy's gone to work, but she likes a slow morning :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->